Today is the day!

I started a topic yesterday in which i stated that by today we should all be in a more knowledgeable position with regards to our situation. Well, i think we are ..sort of! So what do we now know, or think we know? It now looks as if the Green consortium are going to be our new owners, or are they, as i for one am not convinced ,and i think today could well hold a major twist in the proceedings. Why do i make such a statement, well, because there is still the other bid on the table , and for arguments sake let's call this the " anonymous" bid. For the last couple of days since D&P informed us of the other major bids on the table, there has been much speculation as to who the "UK" consortium are and who the "international" consortium are. Now, it appears that this confusion still reigns, but, i would suggest that this Green bid is most probably the " international " consortium, given that there is allegedly a rich Singaporean family involved. Furthermore, we are still only guessing as to who the other consortium members are....British or foreign...we just don't know. Either way, we still have this other consortium, and i believe that this is the "UK" one, and more importantly the one that D&P mentioned previously as being made up of well respected names that would make us happy. Green's name certainly doesn't seem to have had the desired happiness effect amongst many of our fans, so this now only leaves the other consortium who i believe are the mysterious UK group.

Admittedly, this is all conjecture on my part, but the fact still remains that there is still this other consortium ; furthermore,according to the BBC website, it also appears that this other group are involved in talks with Mr Ng. I am certain that we will know the name of this other " UK" based consortium today, and i would also be so bold as to again suggest that they might well be set to trump the Green bid. By this time tomorrow we should all know for certain who our new owners are.

Now, whoever our new owners are going to be, they will have to convince the supporters that they are to be trusted, and , therefore, there are some important questions we will want answered when they make their initial statements to the press and the fans. Firstly, are you going to avoid liquidation and do everything in your powers to avoid this? Secondly, who are the people involved in your consortium? Thirdly, what kind of money is behind your consortium? Fourthly, are you going to arrange for our best players to stay at the club? Fifthly, do you plan on signing new players, and finally what are your long-term plans for us? Now, these are questions which i would like to have answered although i am sure there are plenty others people would like to ask, but these are the main points as far as i am concerned.

Today certainly promise to be one hell of a day!