will gers fans ever forgive the spl or sfa?

rm1972

SFA - Absolutely not, no, never. I will support every other national team playing against Scotland, and aim for their embarrassment at every turn, I will never attend a Scottish Cup tie, and I will forever encourage our club to reject anything that would help the SFA, and we should be withdrawing our players from their damn teams.

As for the SPL, I couldn't actually care less, yet, they haven't actually really done anything yet.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFA - Absolutely not, no, never. I will support every other national team playing against Scotland, and aim for their embarrassment at every turn, I will never attend a Scottish Cup tie, and I will forever encourage our club to reject anything that would help the SFA, and we should be withdrawing our players from their damn teams.

As for the SPL, I couldn't actually care less, yet, they haven't actually really done anything yet.

What a shame people cant sistinguish between the fact that Scotland (in any sport) represents our nation - and the fact that the SFA are just administrators. The SFA are NOT the Scottish Football team but the administrators or our game - we need to get the FA sorted out but taking it out by not supporting our national team is a Bizarre agrument.

I do support action (like pulling out of the Scottish cup) which is a much more powerfull and direct action against the administrators and the rest of the game.

What a shame people cant sistinguish between the fact that Scotland (in any sport) represents our nation - and the fact that the SFA are just administrators. The SFA are NOT the Scottish Football team but the administrators or our game - we need to get the FA sorted out but taking it out by not supporting our national team is a Bizarre agrument.

I do support action (like pulling out of the Scottish cup) which is a much more powerfull and direct action against the administrators and the rest of the game.

What a pity people can't see who benefits from the Scotland team qualifying for competitions, and whose wages get paid by it.

The SFA run the national team, the national strategy for football, appoint the manager, etc.

Impressed that you can't see a link between the SFA and the team. Carry on singing the racist anthems with the kilted hamishes of course, not for me.

What a pity people can't see who benefits from the Scotland team qualifying for competitions, and whose wages get paid by it.

The SFA run the national team, the national strategy for football, appoint the manager, etc.

Impressed that you can't see a link between the SFA and the team. Carry on singing the racist anthems with the kilted hamishes of course, not for me.

Like I ssaid - they are just administrators 'we' have a role in appointing them - the current leadership and 'process' needs overhuled - BUT I question the strategy of non-support for your national team based on what has happened

- I believe there are better and stronger tactics to be used to get our point across and changes made.

You may not be a proud Scot and may not support our national team (are you Scots?) but I am Scots and proud to support Scotland and Proud that some of our players represent our nation - and you can bandie your 'kilted hamishes' insults about all you want but name calling is hardly a compelling argument - perhaps I should just keel over with my viewpoint because you name call?

Like I ssaid - they are just administrators 'we' have a role in appointing them - the current leadership and 'process' needs overhuled - BUT I question the strategy of non-support for your national team based on what has happened

- I believe there are better and stronger tactics to be used to get our point across and changes made.

You may not be a proud Scot and may not support our national team (are you Scots?) but I am Scots and proud to support Scotland and Proud that some of our players represent our nation - and you can bandie your 'kilted hamishes' insults about all you want but name calling is hardly a compelling argument - perhaps I should just keel over with my viewpoint because you name call?

Well, I would say my alleged namecalling was an accurate description... I see many kilts, and I'm sure the chap that represents the 'Tartan Army' is called Hamish? I'll be sure to moderate my admittedly vicious nature in future. (it may be because of your implication that I am too thick to understand things that are obvious to yourself)

If you think filling the coffers of the SFA by attending national matches and giving our players to them, etc, is going to help overhaul them, then fair enough, I don't see it.

My point is that we, as fans, should withdraw ALL support from the SFA, so, that does include my other view on withdrawing from the Scottish Cup, but certainly includes the national team.

Yes, I am Scottish. Personally, I find it very hard to refer to myself as being proud of belonging to our country at the moment, between both the political and sporting stuff that is going on, but that is neither here nor there.

Well, I would say my alleged namecalling was an accurate description... I see many kilts, and I'm sure the chap that represents the 'Tartan Army' is called Hamish? I'll be sure to moderate my admittedly vicious nature in future. (it may be because of your implication that I am too thick to understand things that are obvious to yourself)

If you think filling the coffers of the SFA by attending national matches and giving our players to them, etc, is going to help overhaul them, then fair enough, I don't see it.

My point is that we, as fans, should withdraw ALL support from the SFA, so, that does include my other view on withdrawing from the Scottish Cup, but certainly includes the national team.

Yes, I am Scottish. Personally, I find it very hard to refer to myself as being proud of belonging to our country at the moment, between both the political and sporting stuff that is going on, but that is neither here nor there.

Withdrawing your support from the national team (to me) is a strange way to punish any administration - you dont like the politcial and sporting stuff going on in Scotland but are you with-drawing from the country because of that? I don't like the Conservative government of the UK should I withhold my taxes ? No - I shouldn't.

But I am allowed to use my vote and my 'voice' to fight against their policies. You are entitled to do what you want wrt your support but I am entitled to continue my support for my national team and also to vocalise opposition to those calling for an ill informed bycott from the players and fans (Kilted or otherwise)

Withdrawing your support from the national team (to me) is a strange way to punish any administration - you dont like the politcial and sporting stuff going on in Scotland but are you with-drawing from the country because of that? I don't like the Conservative government of the UK should I withhold my taxes ? No - I shouldn't.

But I am allowed to use my vote and my 'voice' to fight against their policies. You are entitled to do what you want wrt your support but I am entitled to continue my support for my national team and also to vocalise opposition to those calling for an ill informed bycott from the players and fans (Kilted or otherwise)

Well, I left Scotland before it was the only country in Europe where being sponsored and in hock to Rupert Murdoch was acceptable, so I can't claim to have withdrawn because of that, it certainly guarantees I won't move back, but that is somewhat off-topic.

I utterly reject your 'ill-informed' comment, and I am still curious that you can't see any link between the SFA and the National Team, indeed, I find your inability to see that somewhat ironic.

PS: Failure to pay taxes would be illegal, but until Salmond forces through any new policy on this, not supporting your national team isn't.

You truly are deranged.

Sfa=national team

I shall NEVER support my national team again, in fact I will do everything in my power to show this corrupt organisation up for what they are. I will also actively encourage my son to NOT support scotland. At least his mother is English so he will be encouraged to follow them.

Non support of the SFA, and all connected with them, including the national team, may be enough to get rid of the guys who run it. How else can we do it? It's not as if other clubs fans would support us in any other form of action.

And I say that as someone who has represented my country more than 30 times, and knows what it means to people.

not a chance sellicks last 2 titles have been gift wrapped from the spl .ok the 10 points is justified this season but 2008 was a total robbery i have no problem with taking punishment like anyone but they are havin meeting after meeting on how they can hurt us the most . only in our bitter society of scotland would this be allowed to happen . the only ground il be attending will be tynecastle

I too had a liking for Hearts despite everyuthing, But you should have heard their fans spokesman on RS Tam Cowans show yesterday, Tam ( What a wit eh ? ) had a forfiet thing where callers got fined if they even mentioned the R word as he jokingly chortled,

Take a look into the Hearts fan forum and see if you still think the same, Course if your a Jambo by nature coming from Edinburgh but supporting the Gers as many supporters are Gers fans but have a loyalty to clubs they supported as kids then fair enough---but Hearts hate us as much as anybody.

I grew up a Rangers fan but often went with Hearts and Dundee fans to watch them play the shite. We even opened our doors at the Union Jack club in baillieston and had a good swally with them. For that reason I have always liked both clubs. After all in the eighties they shared common denominators with our club.

You truly are deranged.

Sfa=national team

I shall NEVER support my national team again, in fact I will do everything in my power to show this corrupt organisation up for what they are. I will also actively encourage my son to NOT support scotland. At least his mother is English so he will be encouraged to follow them.

What a shame - for you and your son.

Non support of the SFA, and all connected with them, including the national team, may be enough to get rid of the guys who run it. How else can we do it? It's not as if other clubs fans would support us in any other form of action.

And I say that as someone who has represented my country more than 30 times, and knows what it means to people.

For me folk should differentiate between the support of our national team and the administrators who run the game - I am all in favour of boycotting the SCottish Cup - that directly affects the SFA and the Clubs but asking our players to boycott theNational team is (IMHO) wrong but as an individual its up to you what you do - but I wont be withdrawing my support for the national team, in fact I would rather actively encourage our fans NOT to go that route, just ecause some parts of the administration are inept

For me folk should differentiate between the support of our national team and the administrators who run the game - I am all in favour of boycotting the SCottish Cup - that directly affects the SFA and the Clubs but asking our players to boycott theNational team is (IMHO) wrong but as an individual its up to you what you do - but I wont be withdrawing my support for the national team, in fact I would rather actively encourage our fans NOT to go that route, just ecause some parts of the administration are inept

I know I shouldn't even try, but, what is the benefit of us withdrawing from the Scottish Cup? I would say, publicity of our issues with the association, reduced ticket money for the clubs and association, and reduced sponsorship money for the association.

Withdrawing from the national team completely would mean: publicity of our issues with the association, reduced ticket money for the association, and reduced sponsorship money for the association.

The negative side would be that we would be publically accused of being petty and all that stuff, but that applies to both.

Do you see any difference between the cup competition and the administrators who run the game?

By not supporting the national side you are hitting the SFA in the pocket and at the same time making a point.

I enjoy going to watch Scotland play rugby anywhere I can. I enjoy the banter the camaraderie and being amongst people who appreciate the game. I cannot say I feel the same about watching a game with a bunch of 'wee hamishes' who hate my club.

Two reasons for not supporting the national football team.