In defence of D & P

they are involved in a serious conflict of interest and should have ruled themselves out of this. they will be lucky to still be in jobs by the end of this week.

You are sounding desperate.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate that I've not been registered on here long so my opinion won't count to many.

I'm worried that many on this forum are now too focused on ensuring they hold the opposite view to the follow follow brigade and not being seen to support anything that might align them to tbk.

IMO tbk are not the answer for our club and, while they talk a good game, their bids have shown that they don't have the money the club needs to get through the short term.

That said, it's impossible to miss the parallels of this bbc show and the one on whyte months ago. Including the immediate threat of lawyers from whyte that wasenoughtoconvince some of us that the bbc were in the wrong. There's still been no court action from whyte and do we really expect any court action from the admin?

I don't support tbk, or the self serving rst. But I'm not afraid to agree with them on a single issue either if it's for the good of the club.

No harm can come on more focus on the admin, their historic links to Whyte should be more than enough to set alarm bells ringing, and claims that 'they were appointed by the court', ignoring that this was on the back of a request from Whyte should not leave anyone feeling confident about their motives.

..Strongly sugggests ..? Damming!! - hang them - hang the witches!

Yes, at this point "Strongly suggests" is an accurate indicator as to what Grier knew and was complicit to. It is a FACT that he initially lied to Mark Daly re his knowledge on the Ticketus debacle. So, is it implausible that he is lying again? He was tight with Whyte throughout the buyout proven by him being his wing man on the day Whyte clinched the deal, his attendance of certain key meetings and being copied in/the writer of key documents. All this is irrefutable. He is pleading ignorance which is the flimsiest of defences.

There is so much shit flying about which clouds many on heres opinions on the bleeding obvious. BBC are Tims, Daly is a Tim, BBC hate Rangers, TBK are fannies, Mark Dingwall is a tool etc etc. All this should be parked and what has been revealed should be looked at objectively, for the sake of our great club. We are being ripped to pieces and D and P are not and have never been fit for purpose.

this is simple just ask yourself if Clark and Whitehouse find evidence of wrongdoing by grier can we trust them to do the right thing.

the answers no and as such they should not be our administrators.

You think Paul Clark is willing to lose his professional reoutation, in order to somehow cover up for Grier?

I would doubt it.

Its like the desperate, last throw of the dice, from people who are quite literally terrified that D&P will somehow manage to get a CVA agreed and Rangers will avoid the liquidation that these poisonous bastards have been so cheerfully gloating about over the past few months. They are obviously more convinced that a CVA is possible than I am.......I think I've already said I doubt we'll get a CVA.

It shows them up for the obsessive Rangers-haters that they are.

Appreciate that I've not been registered on here long so my opinion won't count to many.

I'm worried that many on this forum are now too focused on ensuring they hold the opposite view to the follow follow brigade and not being seen to support anything that might align them to tbk.

Nope.

Many on this forum (I hope most) are focused on getting through this admin period and getting a CVA through in time for next season.

This is much bigger than disagreeing with views from that forum.

IMO tbk are not the answer for our club and, while they talk a good game, their bids have shown that they don't have the money the club needs to get through the short term.

That said, it's impossible to miss the parallels of this bbc show and the one on whyte months ago. Including the immediate threat of lawyers from whyte that wasenoughtoconvince some of us that the bbc were in the wrong. There's still been no court action from whyte and do we really expect any court action from the admin?

I don't support tbk, or the self serving rst. But I'm not afraid to agree with them on a single issue either if it's for the good of the club.

No harm can come on more focus on the admin, their historic links to Whyte should be more than enough to set alarm bells ringing, and claims that 'they were appointed by the court', ignoring that this was on the back of a request from Whyte should not leave anyone feeling confident about their motives.

Velo - everyone on this board was new at one time of another so dont worry about posting.

However your last line is worthy of a rebutal - do you really think tah given the public and intense scrutiny that D&P are under that they could do ANYTHING but play this strictly by the rules? That and the fact they report to and are answerable to the court (not Craig Whyte).

Whether the allegations are true or not is, in my humble opinion, almost irrelevant now as I consider D & P's position to be untenable. I simply can't see how they can continue to operate as 'normal' and have the trust of all the interested parties, including the fans.

Thats what the BBC wanted.

Hook, line & sinker mate.

You think Paul Clark is willing to lose his professional reoutation, in order to somehow cover up for Grier?

I would doubt it.

Its like the desperate, last throw of the dice, from people who are quite literally terrified that D&P will somehow manage to get a CVA agreed and Rangers will avoid the liquidation that these poisonous bastards have been so cheerfully gloating about over the past few months. They are obviously more convinced that a CVA is possible than I am.......I think I've already said I doubt we'll get a CVA.

Totally agrer the timing of this is no cooiincidence.

No child was Abused at our Club.

And as this man says ,if they want titles we have loads of them to give.

Get a grip people the making of the programme was a sham.The Admin have far too much to lose over this.

I would doubt it.

That's because you know Paul Clark so well, let's face it we know nothing about these people and have taken on trust that they were coming in to do a job. That job is now being closely scrutinised by everyone and I personally trust no-one in this whole mess. For years we trusted SDM, initially we trusted CW, briefly we have trusted D&P. BM, BK and TBK's have all had some trust by the support and yet here we are still in the mire. I just hope that I wake up at the start of the new season and find it was all anightmare.

Just how much power do you believe Craig Whyte could hold over the likes of Paul Clark?

Velo - everyone on this board was new at one time of another so dont worry about posting.

However your last line is worthy of a rebutal - do you really think tah given the public and intense scrutiny that D&P are under that they could do ANYTHING but play this strictly by the rules? That and the fact they report to and are answerable to the court (not Craig Whyte).

Reporting to the court has its requirements, but it doesn't mean the court has granularity (!) on every decision they make or why. The constantly changing deadlines seem self-serving for the admin, Whyte states he won't sell to tbk and then only one group of the 3 to get close to preferred bidder status are asked to front a non-refundable 500k (possibly a justified request to prove they have any money given tbk's performance, but then bill miller doesn't seem to be a billionaire and he was rushed through).

Duff and phelps need to be seen to be acting in the best interests of the creditors to keep the court happy, but I think their secondary interest is more closely aligned to Whyte's interests than it is to Rangers'.

You would have D&P sacked / resign based on PERCEPTION of conflict of interest - wow - thats a pretty low standard of proof to hold someone accountable to..

Now is the time to hold our nerve and get the CVA through!

Regrettably this issue is no longer about proof - perceptions are a wholly different matter, and perceptions are a very strong influence. I have not asked D & P to resign nor requested that they be sacked (and nor do I intend to). I have suggested that I consider their position to be untenable - it is for them to decide if, in these circumstances, they feel they can continue.

Just how much power do you believe Craig Whyte could hold over the likes of Paul Clark?

I didn't believe any one group could come in and do what Whyte has done to our club. I'm not saying Clark is a front for Whyte and that Whyte is still making decisions, I just think that Clark are Whyte are mutually self-interested and the good of our club is way down their list of concerns.

That's because you know Paul Clark so well, let's face it we know nothing about these people and have taken on trust that they were coming in to do a job. That job is now being closely scrutinised by everyone and I personally trust no-one in this whole mess. For years we trusted SDM, initially we trusted CW, briefly we have trusted D&P. BM, BK and TBK's have all had some trust by the support and yet here we are still in the mire. I just hope that I wake up at the start of the new season and find it was all anightmare.

Go do some background checking my friend, Paul Clark has an impeccable professional reputation.

As for SDM, some of us mis-trusted him from the very beginning. (tu)

I didn't believe any one group could come in and do what Whyte has done to our club. I'm not saying Clark is a front for Whyte and that Whyte is still making decisions, I just think that Clark are Whyte are mutually self-interested and the good of our club is way down their list of concerns.

Paul Clark will be interested in further building his reputation in his field of expertise.

Craig Whyte is just doing what Craig Whyte does (as SDM knew he would).

We have managed to keep almost our entire squad to remain competitive, oust a dodgy owner, find a new buyer, and are in the process of putting forward a CVA. Where have we been had? What other club has had suh results when in admin?

D&P have been professional and thorough in what they have been doing. On top of keeping all the staff, they have defended us and filed claims to win money back for us. If the CVA is accepted, which is out of D&Ps control, this will go down as one of the most successful administration periods a club had ever been through. THAT is what has terrified the SFA into hitting us with another year of punishments.

c whyte wants us liquidated to get rich.

d&p need us liquidated so rangers can't sue them.

people should wake up.

Ah! So that explains why this whole time they've been pushing for a cva? Duh!

OH FFS - its this type of mis-information that does no one any good - Administrators are appointed by the court - it is NOT unusual at all for said administartors to have been working with the company in the lead up to that decison (It usually makes the whole administration thing go smoother) - BUT they are appointed to and report to the court

- oh and HMRC had NO OBJECTIONS to them being appointed - they were looking at another irm but were happy enough that a reputable firm like D&P were to be appointed.

Rangers appointed the administrators which was approved by the courts, Duff and Phelps were also Rangers prefered administrators if I remember correctly HMRC wanted the court to choose our administrators but that clearly did not happen.

Rangers have appointed administrators Duff and Phelps after a court battle with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs. The Glasgow club were given an ultimatum to move into administration at the Court of Session in Edinburgh 24 hours after lodging notice of intent.

The move will trigger an automatic 10-point deduction by the Scottish Premier League all but handing the title to Celtic.

The Court of Session had given Rangers until 3.30pm to appoint an administrator, at which point a challenge by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs to do exactly that at Ibrox would have been ruled upon.

When signalling their intention to move into administration on Monday, Rangers named Duff and Phelps as the firm set to assist with that. A partner in that London-based company, David Grier, was photographed alongside the Rangers owner Craig Whyte in the Rangers directors box before a match on 10 May last year.

Also stop greeting and acting like a bell end!

Regrettably this issue is no longer about proof - perceptions are a wholly different matter, and perceptions are a very strong influence. I have not asked D & P to resign nor requested that they be sacked (and nor do I intend to). I have suggested that I consider their position to be untenable - it is for them to decide if, in these circumstances, they feel they can continue.

Not just perceptions, but implications. The sort of thing Kangaroo Courts rely on as evidence.

If the CVA is accepted, which is out of D&Ps control, this will go down as one of the most successful administration periods a club had ever been through.

This is certainly true. It would be a remarkable achievement given the many hurdles placed in their path by Whyte, Ticketus, HMRC, SFA, SPL, TBK and others.

Rangers appointed the administrators which was approved by the courts, Duff and Phelps were also Rangers prefered administrators if I remember correctly HMRC wanted the court to choose our administrators but that clearly did not happen.

HMRC agreed with the appointment of D&P - you will recall that they removed any objections to their appointment.