Scan from the history of Rangers book

Haha well this has been a complete success. I think I'll just pick decent stories and upload them when I can.

I apologise as I didnt read your post correctly - thought it was 'to' 1919 and that is why I asked for 30th June 1899. That was my late grandparents wedding date.

Sorry about that mate.

I apologise as I didnt read your post correctly - thought it was 'to' 1919 and that is why I asked for 30th June 1899. That was my late grandparents wedding date.

Sorry about that mate.

No problem. I'm just going to pick some random pages to upload. Well when I say random I'm sure most will be us beating the mhanks. :crabflute:

If it was for Scotland then I doubt it would be in the book. It's only famous Rangers victories. Sorry.

no need to apologise mate, you made it clear it was just about Rangers. Was just chancing my luck incase the report was in there, I first read about it in a Rangers book.

No problem. I'm just going to pick some random pages to upload. Well when I say random I'm sure most will be us beating the mhanks. :crabflute:

I work with one of Billy Simpson's family so something about him would be great if possible.

do you have the report, not Rangers related, but he was a Rangers player - Bob McColl aka R.S.McColl (the guy who started the chain of shops. He scored a hat-trick against england whilst playing for us. It was early 1900's, dunno the exact date, or even decade. Maybe someone can help out with the date???

Edit: whilst playing for us, I meant he was our player. He was playing for scotland when he scored the hat-trick

It was 19-01 mate when Scotland beat England 4-1.

The first trophy i remember us winning.

24/10/1970 beat Celtic 1-0 in the LCF.

First trophy for 4 years brought scenes of jubilation akin to winning the Champions League nowadays.

Happy days.

Can anyone remember at the 4-4 game in 86, did we know that Souness was going to sign, i'm sure we either knew or at least there was a rumour that something was about to happen?

Wonder if any articles mention it.

He was signed from Linfield and scored 163 goals in 239 games, and also a great header of a ball.

He signed a Rangers shirt a few years ago and Its framed and proudly hangs in my living room.

Also have a prog signed by Billy and Johnny Hubbard.

Didnt see them play Minst but I heard they were quite a double act.

Can anyone remember at the 4-4 game in 86, did we know that Souness was going to sign, i'm sure we either knew or at least there was a rumour that something was about to happen?

Wonder if any articles mention it.

The game took place about 6-7 weeks before Souness was announced. I attended the match and dont recall anything other than the goals and the terrible weather.Dont think there was even a hint about what was going to happen.

The game took place about 6-7 weeks before Souness was announced. I attended the match and dont recall anything other than the goals and the terrible weather.Dont think there was even a hint about what was going to happen.

The game was 22-03-1986 Souness signed on 01/04/1986. Don't think there was a hint of Souness signing as you said, but i'm sure there were rumblings that something was on the go.

The game was 22-03-1986 Souness signed on 01/04/1986. Don't think there was a hint of Souness signing as you said, but i'm sure there were rumblings that something was on the go.

Thought Souness arrived later in the month, not on April fools day but the old memory is probably wrong. For defini te i attended Jock Wallaces last game on a sunday afternoon (2-0 loss to Tottenham) and there was no talk of GS at all.