Money to be paid back to the investors IS NOT the same as Ticketus

Seems to be ever increasing panic (will not mention where) about this fee from Green and the consortium being a loan to be paid back, as if it's another Whyte senario.

Whyte used Ticketus so built up debt with another company, being in debt to the people that own you isn't something that will be crippling. Perhaps we can't go mad with spending but finally living within our means is required, whatever happens with a CVA.

Basically it's a non-story.

Seems to be ever increasing panic (will not mention where) about this fee from Green and the consortium being a loan to be paid back, as if it's another Whyte senario.

Whyte used Ticketus so built up debt with another company, being in debt to the people that own you isn't something that will be crippling. Perhaps we can't go mad with spending but finally living within our means is required, whatever happens with a CVA.

Basically it's a non-story.

I'm sorry, debt is debt, no matter who you owe it too.

What is important is how much, and how long you have to pay it back over.

Whytey has the answer to debt, he just blanks it. :pipe:

And you really think Green and company will be putting us into administration again because they're not getting their money quickly enough?

It will be gradual, we may not even be in administration now if HMRC were open to pretty gradual pay back schemes.

Well, yes and no. Chelsea has massive debts to Roman Abramovich. Sunderland has enormous debts to Ellis Short. Aston Villa has huge debts to Randy Lerner. In most cases at least a portion of this debt is capitalised (turned into equity), which is good news for the club. Ellis Short loans the Mackems cash every year and is then generous enough to capitalise it.

It will be gradual, we may not even be in administration now if HMRC were open to pretty gradual pay back schemes.

Given the nature of the fellow in charge at Ibrox, I don't think it was unreasonable of HMRC to rebuff such a notion.

Not saying I blame them, just saying it would make even the Big Tax Case seem less daunting.

But the FTT is nothing to do with administration, it's the small matter of unpaid PAYE and NI that drove Rangers into administration.

But the FTT is nothing to do with administration, it's the small matter of unpaid PAYE and NI that drove Rangers into administration.

I don't think a potential 75 million bill has nothing to do with administration, it may not be decided but we have to think worst case senario.

I don't think a potential 75 million bill has nothing to do with administration, it may not be decided but we have to think worst case senario.

It was in the background, of course, but the immediate cause was unpaid PAYE and NI.