Future Player Contracts

We know that Green intends that future signings should belong to the investors and not the club so they can pocket the profits made from sales. How would this affect registration of the players involved. Isn't there some obscure law which came up in the last few years which prevents players being owned by someone other than a registered club? How would the authorities look on this in full knowledge that claiming a player belonged to the club was a scam?

Should this go ahead it will mean we cannot make any money from selling players and all other income (STs, TV and prize money) will merely cover wages, taxes, other expenses, inflated agents fees and interest on Green's loan. Very little will go into the kitty to secure our future existence.

Any thoughts on this?

So let me get this straight

*Green buys the club for £2

*CVA paid for by a loan to the club which needs to paid back with interest

*Short fall in funding between now and successful CVA will come from either the CVA pot or season ticket sales

*Players bought by the club will in fact by owned by Green, so any profit made from selling will be his

*The players will be paid with club money (season tickets, tv money etc)

*Green will own the club and will be entitled to any profit made from the future sale of the club

His deal just gets more and more tempting by the day!!!

I am still backing him because I want our club saved pronto, but I would much rather it was someone else buying the club, someone who would want to invest to get a return purely from making the business successful and therefore being able to make a profit from an increase in share price.

Green owns the players and gets all the profit? Really? <cr>:rolleyes:

Who said all the players?

It was reported that a potential investor (not pulled out I believe) was wanting to invest so he could buy the players rather than the club.

We know that Green intends that future signings should belong to the investors and not the club so they can pocket the profits made from sales. How would this affect registration of the players involved. Isn't there some obscure law which came up in the last few years which prevents players being owned by someone other than a registered club? How would the authorities look on this in full knowledge that claiming a player belonged to the club was a scam?Should this go ahead it will mean we cannot make any money from selling players and all other income (STs, TV and prize money) will merely cover wages, taxes, other expenses, inflated agents fees and interest on Green's loan. Very little will go into the kitty to secure our future existence.Any thoughts on this?

Who said all the players? It was reported that a potential investor (not pulled out I believe) was wanting to invest so he could buy the players rather than the club.

The opening post mate(bold bit), i was only asking if i had read it right and if it were true. (tu)

Was said investor wanting to buy the players for himself or for the club?

i cant see any harm in green signing young talented players that he has identified as potential profit. at least we can enjoy them for a couple of years and then sell them on to the premiership or wherever. no different to arteta and cuellar. as said before he will take the loses as well. hopefully he and his chums will put any profit back in the pot to aquire more potential and sit back and watch the snowball get bigger as it rolls.

i cant see any harm in green signing young talented players that he has identified as potential profit. at least we can enjoy them for a couple of years and then sell them on to the premiership or wherever. no different to arteta and cuellar. as said before he will take the loses as well. hopefully he and his chums will put any profit back in the pot to aquire more potential and sit back and watch the snowball get bigger as it rolls.

Thats the way every club should run but some fans think he Green and his investors want to keep the profit for themselves and not reinvest it into the club. I think. <cr>

Only the snowball ends up in their pocket and the club ends up with nothing. For example, he finds a good lad £500k, sells him 2 years on $5M. Rangers have paid wages, etc; Green pockets £5M, Rangers £0. Green invests £5M in player, sells him for £10M one year later. Rangers have paid wages etc and probably interest on the loan used to buy the player. Green pockets £10M, Rangers £0. Just get used to the idea that it has stopped snowing so the snowball won't get any bigger. This guy is an asset stripper. He goes in and takes what is worth something and pockets it. He will not take losses, Rangers will. He will never be out of pocket so don't expect him to pump millions into the club when things go badly. What we need now is someone who loves the club. Shit, if I won the lottery I would pump £20M, £30M into the club just to keep it going. It wouldn't solve all our problems but it would be a start. Instead we get a load of wankers offering bugger all so they can get their hands on Ibrox and MP, soak up the ST money and shove profits from selling players into their pockets.

Sorry, rant over.

I'd imagine there would be a percentage of profit that would have to remain with the club so it has funds in accounts and also to be seen a sustainable business. Too many folk are listening to the media too much.

A sustainable business is one that breaks even. It doesn't mean that it has to have millions in the bank. At the moment there is no bank in the world that would give us credit so we will have to borrow the money somewhere. The trouble is the loanshark will be the owner of the club and we won't be paying 5% interest. He will make sure that the club just keeps in the black.

I believe part-ownership of a player is possible i.e. Rangers 50% & Investor 50% then the profits during sell-on are shared.

The EPL outlawed it in their rules about 3 years ago after the Tevez affair. It happens in other countries though and a lot in South America, Neymar has more shareholders than BP.

The SFA will no doubt do something to ban it before it can be used.

Only the snowball ends up in their pocket and the club ends up with nothing. For example, he finds a good lad £500k, sells him 2 years on $5M. Rangers have paid wages, etc; Green pockets £5M, Rangers £0. Green invests £5M in player, sells him for £10M one year later. Rangers have paid wages etc and probably interest on the loan used to buy the player. Green pockets £10M, Rangers £0. Just get used to the idea that it has stopped snowing so the snowball won't get any bigger. This guy is an asset stripper. He goes in and takes what is worth something and pockets it. He will not take losses, Rangers will. He will never be out of pocket so don't expect him to pump millions into the club when things go badly. What we need now is someone who loves the club. Shit, if I won the lottery I would pump £20M, £30M into the club just to keep it going. It wouldn't solve all our problems but it would be a start. Instead we get a load of wankers offering bugger all so they can get their hands on Ibrox and MP, soak up the ST money and shove profits from selling players into their pockets.

Sorry, rant over.

Fuck me, the sun must really shine on you.

I also love the idea of being owned by an asset-stripper when there are no assets worth stripping. The top earners have low-value release clauses, Auchenhowie has been valued at £0.00 with regards to development value and Ibrox at a mighty £4.5 million. Maybe he's going to flog off the lightbulbs?

Sorry, rant over.

That's one view.

The other view would be that maybe the club can sustain wages but not transfer fees and that this sort of business plan could give us a conveyor belt of good exciting players who otherwise we couldn't afford.

Sorry, rant over.

I started with a very open mind re Green because I was sick and tired of wasters like the Blue Knights.

The more I hear about his plans, the more I am not liking them, for example

Loan to club to pay the CVA, paid back with interest

Funding gap paid for through CVA money or season tickets

Possible transfer targets not owned by the club but paid by them, so profit when sold not going to club

These investors get the club for £2, ok so they invest £8.5 million, whihc they are guaranteed to get back. They may make money on player transfers profits, and knowing greens connections probably make money through agents fees regardless of whether a profit is made or not. Then when they sell Rangers in x number of years, more money made.

Lets say green doubles the value of the Rangers in 2 years from 8.5m to 17m. For that he will get back the 17m + the loan of 8.5,, so 25.5m plus any player profits, all for a £2 investment - the only thing he wont get back!!!

I think it is too late, but I wish the RFFF had been set up as a vehicle for the fans to take over. If back in Feb Walter, Ally and sandy had asked fans to donate in order to buy the club, I think we would have enough money to trump green. As well as the RFFF has done, many people did not give anything or less than they could afford because they felt that Whyte might benefit. Also the fact Rangers were still trading, did not really highlight the need for funding to be provided.

If fans knew they were funding a bid for Rangers and would get shares we would rake in millions. Getting a few of the so called millionaire fans on board like Park and McColl are we would be sorted.

Rant over, back to reality. Not gonna happen, we are stuck with Green most likely, so I will back him for the benefit of the gers