Takeover of Cowdenbeath - Could This Be A Solution

only take over I would like to see is a teeam from the english league other wise it would not be a forward step

Taking over any team would be the ultimate backward step. Rotten idea.

There would be no argument for us regarding lost history etc

From what we're hearing from the likes of Morton and Dunfermline today, the idea of a restructuring which sees Rangers go to Division One already looks like a long shot. Unlike many bears, I don't want us in the fourth tier of Scottish football unless it is unavoidable. I feel it would be absolute purgatory.

I'm also concerned about the fact that we have apparently not lodged the necessary paperwork today regarding membership of the SFA. There is also a requirement for any applicant club to lodge three years of audited accounts. How can a 'newco' possibly do this? Furthermore, there has been a suggestion that two other clubs have applied for Division 3 membership, possibly Spartans and another. If the trolls that run the diddy clubs are spiteful enough, they could quite easily allow one of these clubs in, leaving us with absolutely nowhere to go.

I therefore wonder if the answer might be to take over Cowdenbeath, similar to what Airdrie did with Clydebank. They took Clydebank's membership, league share, etc, changed their name to Airdrie United and set up home in Airdrie. They wear the same strip and have the same fans as the 'old' Airdrie.

Now I know that this would not be a universally popular move, especially among Cowdenbeath fans, but is this an option? If we were to do it we would be in the first division for a start and there would be nothing to stop us from moving to Ibrox, changing the strip to the Rangers one, etc.

Does anyone think this is a viable option if all else fails?

:shifty::shifty:

From what we're hearing from the likes of Morton and Dunfermline today, the idea of a restructuring which sees Rangers go to Division One already looks like a long shot. Unlike many bears, I don't want us in the fourth tier of Scottish football unless it is unavoidable. I feel it would be absolute purgatory.

I'm also concerned about the fact that we have apparently not lodged the necessary paperwork today regarding membership of the SFA. There is also a requirement for any applicant club to lodge three years of audited accounts. How can a 'newco' possibly do this? Furthermore, there has been a suggestion that two other clubs have applied for Division 3 membership, possibly Spartans and another. If the trolls that run the diddy clubs are spiteful enough, they could quite easily allow one of these clubs in, leaving us with absolutely nowhere to go.

I therefore wonder if the answer might be to take over Cowdenbeath, similar to what Airdrie did with Clydebank. They took Clydebank's membership, league share, etc, changed their name to Airdrie United and set up home in Airdrie. They wear the same strip and have the same fans as the 'old' Airdrie.

Now I know that this would not be a universally popular move, especially among Cowdenbeath fans, but is this an option? If we were to do it we would be in the first division for a start and there would be nothing to stop us from moving to Ibrox, changing the strip to the Rangers one, etc.

Does anyone think this is a viable option if all else fails?

After everything we have been through the last year with all the worries, stress, emotions etc you would just shit all over another club and their fans and let them go through the same?

Whether they have a hundred fans or a hundred thousand fans its their club and lifes.

Its not the Rangers way, shame on you!

I think it's something we need to at least seriously consider. We've been caught out too many times already not being prepared to deal with the jealously and hatred we inspire so I wouldn't be too surprised if the diddys do try to shaft us. I know it's a worst case scenario but I think we should have a couple of back up plans in place. This should be one, England another and court as well.