For those not renewing their Season Tickets

JCDBigBear

This is my take on those fans who haven't or won't renew their season tickets.

Do not dare to criticise the players who have jumped ship, deserted the Rangers in their hour of need. You are no better than them if you don't support the Club at this time. Yes I am aware of your concerns as I have my own but the new owners are the only option at this juncture and the Rangers Football Club can't afford procrastination in the current situation. Is buying your season ticket taking a chance? Possibly, but no more than usual if you really think about it. If you really believe that your money is at risk, use a credit card to pay. That usually covers you. Frankly, as most deals are based on a certain element of trust, unless you have reasonable doubt (yes I said REASONABLE doubt) then there is no real motive not to renew. In actual fact, there is no better time for the sake of OUR Club. Rangers doesn't just "Need You" it needs us ALL.

We are all aware of the level of distrust due to that conman Whyte but the new consortium stepped up when we were on the brink of the abyss. Where were the "real Rangers" investors then? There have allegedly been some (not sure how many) rival offers but too late to be effective as far as the administrators are concerned. Walter Smith's people were rejected and I can understand why. Too little too late. At least the Smith "group" withdrew after being relatively comforted at the new ownership's plans. I have no idea about John Brown's people as there has been nothing truly substantive reaching the public domain.

We have the Scottish media who constantly fan the flames of doubt at every given turn. BBC Scotland in particular, delights in our plight. All that these people achieve is the division of our fan-base. They feed the doubters and ridicule the believers in the Rangers cause. When was the last time you read, saw or heard anything in the Scottish media which was even relatively positive? Nope, me neither. They delight in our misery.

The new chairman, Malcolm Murray, doesn't strike me as anyone's patsy. The latest RFC statement from him answered a significant amount of questions which many fans had been asking. Far too many of our fans are pandering to the whims of those who post rumour and conjecture as fact. If you have specific evidence to give us which would make us change our minds, then post it now, I'll listen. If not, please refrain from giving idle gossip credence.

I can't think of an occasion in my lifetime when the financial support of the fans was needed as much. I believe that the Club history shows that we were in a dire financial position somewhere about 1900 but an 11th hour loan to the Club saw us through. Following that, the Rangers Football Club went from strength to strength for 100 years. There is a lesson to be learned from that episode.

I admit that I cannot guarantee that the new owners will not let us down, frankly, no one can. What I can say is that they appear to be a far better option than the previous two owners. For my own part I will be renewing my 3 season tickets over the weekend (I was on holiday...lovely weather :) ) and my two closest friends are renewing theirs. I would rather take the chance of losing some money than losing my Club, ...... The Rangers Football Club.

W.A.T.P.

Well done for showing so much confidence in Green's current business model. That's at least five season tickets for next year ...Just hope we are playing Division 3 or one of the English feeder leagues. The real fans and not the green one's will be there when their is proper, transparent and accountable leadership and no patsy Malcolm's around, our very own "Uncle Tom"!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be back watching the team home and away no matter what but i will be buying individual match tickets presuming away tickets are available. until i am totally satisfied that the rangers are in safe hands and that the future looks secure but thats just my take on things and everyone has their own opinions to go on.

Even go to away games and cross the moral picket line. You will support and give money to the very structure and clubs who have not spoken up in support of RFC. That is appalling and you should rename yourself "Uncle Tom" and not Billyboy but u r a very silly boy! Shame on you!

Must be fantastic to have the cash to blindly commit to things.

This escapade isn't over yet and my money will be staying firmly in my mortgage fund until I know what's going on.

Wise man. If green cant run the club for a few more weeks without book money, he should get tae fck.

Even go to away games and cross the moral picket line. You will support and give money to the very structure and clubs who have not spoken up in support of RFC. That is appalling and you should rename yourself "Uncle Tom" and not Billyboy but u r a very silly boy! Shame on you!

The 'moral picket line' was a boycott of SPL away matches. I wasn't aware of any discussion/ debate and consensus on what approach to take to aways outside the SPL?

Anyway on topic, ST renewal isn't due till July 11.