• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. P. Fedrigo

2. C. Vande Velde

3. T. Voeckler

4. N. Sorensen

5. D. Devenyns

6. C. Dumoulin

The main race allowed these six in the breakaway to stay out. Greipel won the bunch sprint and there were no sgnificant changes to the GC. Brett Lancaster, Kenny Van Hummel and Giovanni Bernaudeau all abandoned the race ahead of tomorrow's rest day.

Robert Kiserlovski crashed because of them and was forced to abandon the race due to his injuries. There must have been plenty of witnesses to this being done. Strange.

Kiserlovski stopped cause of a puncture suffered by his team leader and they were both standing by the road attending to their bikes, when Leipheimer crashed into him at full speed, ended up with a broken collarbone.

Oh he knew what he was doing.

He definitely knew, maybe not the first time he jumped, but by the time he went for the second time there was no way he didn't know. He did seem to slow down eventually, because the main group seemed to catch up with him out of nowhere, as he was already 2 minutes clear of the Wiggins group. Probably slowed down to save face. There's a reason him and the rest of Europcar riders aren't very popular in the peloton.

Kiserlovski stopped cause of a puncture suffered by his team leader and they were both standing by the road attending to their bikes, when Leipheimer crashed into him at full speed, ended up with a broken collarbone.

(tu) Saw that story surface this morning.

Europcar are broke, they rely on prize for alot of there income this is why we see them in every break and winning alot of the meaningless points i assume this is why they arent very popular due to the aggressive riding style? On the issue of rolland,after watching the replays i cant really defend the guy(shame as i really liked him).I think its much more telling than tvg didnt stop for cadel...I think he feels he has the beating of him.

Anyway bring on wednesday!!!!!!!

Europcar are broke, they rely on prize for alot of there income this is why we see them in every break and winning alot of the meaningless points i assume this is why they arent very popular due to the aggressive riding style? On the issue of rolland,after watching the replays i cant really defend the guy(shame as i really liked him).I think its much more telling than tvg didnt stop for cadel...I think he feels he has the beating of him.

I've taken Wednesday and Thursday off work as these two days in the Pyrenees should make for brilliant viewing, especially the first day with four brutal climbs and a huge distance to cover.

It's strange that the four main boys contesting the GC have all been overshadowed/challenged by other members of their team. The Wiggins TT is still the standout ride of the tour so far for me.

I've taken Wednesday and Thursday off work as these two days in the Pyrenees should make for brilliant viewing, especially the first day with four brutal climbs and a huge distance to cover.

It's strange that the four main boys contesting the GC have all been overshadowed/challenged by other members of their team. The Wiggins TT is still the standout ride of the tour so far for me.

Why the fuckkkkk didn't I think about that!!! :(

Pyrenees are gonna be immense.

Why do you say that ?! They are popular in France as Voeckler did very well last year and they also won 2 races this year (tu)

yoghurto made the comment in a previous post,first i had heard of it and this was my reasoning for it,he may be able to elaborate,i was just speculating.

Thanks I've just read it. Well, europcar are quite popular among French spectators but among the peloton I just don't know lol.

Why do you say that ?! They are popular in France as Voeckler did very well last year and they also won 2 races this year (tu)

Europcar never add anything to the peloton and are only ever interested in looking after their own breakaway advertising/stage win aspirations. If they are not involved they just sit at the back and let everyone else do the work, but as they're a team with a small budget, it's perhaps understandable. Rolland's exploits yesterday will hardly help their cause.

yoghurto made the comment in a previous post,first i had heard of it and this was my reasoning for it,he may be able to elaborate,i was just speculating.

Yes, I meant more within the peloton, but also among cycling fans outside France.

I don't mind them myself tbh, well Rolland's actions were poor, but Voeckler's heroic ride last year provided for tons of excitement.

Without being annoying and ruining the thread what draws you guys to Tour De France? Is it just this competition or do you guys just enjoy cycling, only asking after seeing Casey took days off work to watch it :lol:

Without being annoying and ruining the thread.....

I thought that was your raison d'etre! :pipe:

....what draws you guys to Tour De France? Is it just this competition or do you guys just enjoy cycling, only asking after seeing Casey took days off work to watch it :lol:

I've been following the sport for years, and there has never been a British cyclist with as good a chance of winning it as Wiggins has this year. Barring injury or illness, the next two stages will more or less settle it.

I thought that was your raison d'etre! :pipe:

I've been following the sport for years, and there has never been a British cyclist with as good a chance of winning it as Wiggins has this year. Barring injury or illness, the next two stages will more or less settle it.

Does that mean reason to be? Terrible at languages, if you were a smart man, which i'm sure you are then you'd probably note the majority of "threads i ruin" stem from people being abusive of me, i'm just very defensive with strong opinions, not a troublemaker. (tu)

Why do you follow it though? Do you enjoy cycling yourself or do you just find it good entertainment? Take it a Brit has never won before?

Without being annoying and ruining the thread what draws you guys to Tour De France? Is it just this competition or do you guys just enjoy cycling, only asking after seeing Casey took days off work to watch it :lol:

The tight shorts.

Does that mean reason to be? Terrible at languages, if you were a smart man, which i'm sure you are then you'd probably note the majority of "threads i ruin" stem from people being abusive of me, i'm just very defensive with strong opinions, not a troublemaker. (tu)

Why do you follow it though? Do you enjoy cycling yourself or do you just find it good entertainment? Take it a Brit has never won before?

Being a wise, old owl, I've noticed that you are simply misunderstood by all those wind-up merchants. Don't let the bastards grind you down! ;)

I'm not a cyclist myself, I just enjoy watching the professionals. And lycra.

The best final place is fourth by Robert Millar in 1984, and Bradley Wiggins in 2009. There should be two on the podium this year, hopefully first and second.

Never been a a fan of frank, he's always complaining and never produces much(ok hes had some high finishes but i put that down to a good team/brother more than anything).I wonder what the outcome of this will be..Hes had a bad tour and a terrible giro so i wonder how long ts been happening.

These guys are killing the sport though. I hope nothing comes at sky because they must be a target for their performances.