Murray's statement re EBTs

ray

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is possible. However just one point. If the EBT is contractual, it is taxable. It doesn't follow that if it is non-contractual, it is definitely not taxable. If it is ruled to be a payment rather than a loan, it is taxable, but not NICable, in the same way that waiters/waitresses have to pay tax but not National Insurance on tips they receive from customers. Those are non-contractual payments.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject - I've got too many ifs, buts and maybes.

In your opinion who has done more wrong? Celtic - surely by paying tax are saying there was a contractual element (but maybe [again with the maybes] didn't declare it to SPL? Or Rangers - who at the time and to this day did not believe there was a contractual element so did not need declaring to SPL?

I really can't get my head round why no-one is pulling up Celtic on this matter. I know these are complex things that are beyond my comprehension but breaking things down into its simplest form there is something just not right here.

Why is nothing ever simple with David Murray. If you've got a statement to make, then make it, not that it's coming just make the fucking thing. His ego on display again.

After all that's gone on, all the times when he could have made a statement and so far, all we have is that he was duped, I am not holding out any hope that this will help the club. Self serving prick.

You're going to have to point out these tim-like traits so I can correct them in future. Pointing out Celtic could be in more shit than Rangers as they are effectively admitting contractual payments which were unlikely (in the circumstances) to have been declared to SPL - how is that posting like a tim.

I will if i can be arsed later, as i said i've noticed a few, obviously from other threads too...