Septic have just put Murray under serious pressure.

Septic have put SDM under serious pressure.

They have shown the colour of their money, and now their is no hiding place for him.

The media will now, in my opinion, focus more on what Rangers will spend in the summer rather than septic.

I do think its a good thing they have got Brown this early, because Murray MUST sit up and take notice of what is going on across the city, he cannot simply ignore it an longer.

If he doesn't spend, and we don't perform, there will yet again be more unrest outside the stadium.

This is the bit I don't get.

If he doesn't spend he knows he will face the wrath of the Rangers support, and i think a lot of fans, like myself, who have gave him the benefit of the doubt, will just say, enough is enough just sell up and go.

Why is he holding onto the club when he knows its time for new ownership?

Septic have put SDM under serious pressure.

They have shown the colour of their money, and now their is no hiding place for him.

The media will now, in my opinion, focus more on what Rangers will spend in the summer rather than septic.

I do think its a good thing they have got Brown this early, because Murray MUST sit up and take notice of what is going on across the city, he cannot simply ignore it an longer.

If he doesn't spend, and we don't perform, there will yet again be more unrest outside the stadium.

This is the bit I don't get.

If he doesn't spend he knows he will face the wrath of the Rangers support, and i think a lot of fans, like myself, who have gave him the benefit of the doubt, will just say, enough is enough just sell up and go.

Why is he holding onto the club when he knows its time for new ownership?

I agree with what your saying.

I've wanted him out for a while though, and it's good to see people who gave him the benefit of the doubt no longer willing to accept mediocrity and second best.

Reguarding your question at the end, I don't think their is any bidders!

I think the answer to that THEFISH has answered. He hasn't got the stomach for the job and has already sayed if he gets an offer he will sell up. Its just no-one is willing to buy a club which is 2 best which is why Murray has to spend the money required for us to be number 1 again but he is unwilling to do so and as a consequence he is losing more money as it wont sell and us fans are suffering.

Davy,

Is that because he has made them a less attractive proposition to buy, or is it because hes wanting to much.

Its hard to say.

I just cant see us spending much.

In other words, 2nd best is good enough for the board.

If we don't, i'm not even sure ill be giving Rangers anymore of my money until i know exactly where it is going, and at the moment it seems to be disappearing into a hole.

That pisses me off, having to feel like that.

We can't spend money we don't have. And if your fan pressure forces Murray into spending then we'll be in the financial wilderness within a few years. We'll have to get Mcleish back.

If that's what you want then go protest outside the stadium. I don't care.

We can't spend money we don't have. And if your fan pressure forces Murray into spending then we'll be in the financial wilderness within a few years. We'll have to get Mcleish back.

Come on mate.

Murray has £650m, would it kill him to give us £15m ? Which he will get back if we qualify for the CL ?

And remember we don't want £65m like Advocaat got, we don't even want half of that!

Come on mate.

Murray has £650m, would it kill him to give us £15m ? Which he will get back if we qualify for the CL ?

And remember we don't want £65m like Advocaat got, we don't even want half of that!

I ain't sticking up for Murray here but he has assets worth £650m it doesn't mean he has that lying in his bank account :pipeguy:

I ain't sticking up for Murray here but he has assets worth £650m it doesn't mean he has that lying in his bank account :pipeguy:

I doubt he is in over-draft though, do you ? :rolleyes:

Come on mate.

I don't know why some people seem to think we want 50 million or something, all were asking for is maybe 10 million.

Maybe when septic are going for their 4th title on the trot the people will really open their eyes and see how serious a situation were in.

In fact, by the time SDM does sell up it could be more.

Were in decline, make no bones about it.

We effectively have a board who accept 2nd best.

Thats the reality.

I think most people realise we arent going to spend tens of millions of pounds. however spending a one off £15-20m to sort out a pathetically weak squad is not going to cripple us in the way we were a few years back. We spent £100m or something in 3 years. £12m on flo, £5.5m i think on kanchelskis, £6m on arteta £6.5m on ball etc. That is £30m on 4 players. I think we got approx £12m back when we sold/released those 4 players. We were spending like that for 3 years in a row.Thats why we got into so much debt. We dont need to do that to be successful again. But we do need to invest a reasonable sum of money. We have spent something like £4m in the past year or 2 paying off crap players we got cheaply and gave long contracts. Its frustrating not spending money on players but it pisses me off when i see us having to spend money like that to get rid of players when we could be spending it on new players. £4m could have bought us naismith and someone else.

I think most people realise we arent going to spend tens of millions of pounds. however spending a one off £15-20m to sort out a pathetically weak squad is not going to cripple us in the way we were a few years back. We spent £100m or something in 3 years. £12m on flo, £5.5m i think on kanchelskis, £6m on arteta £6.5m on ball etc. That is £30m on 4 players. I think we got approx £12m back when we sold/released those 4 players. We were spending like that for 3 years in a row.Thats why we got into so much debt. We dont need to do that to be successful again. But we do need to invest a reasonable sum of money. We have spent something like £4m in the past year or 2 paying off crap players we got cheaply and gave long contracts. Its frustrating not spending money on players but it pisses me off when i see us having to spend money like that to get rid of players when we could be spending it on new players. £4m could have bought us naismith and someone else.

There are 2 important factors you need if you want to sell a business, a healthy balance sheet and a performing business.

Murray has spent the last 3 years getting the first of these but at the expense of the second. It is not unreasonable for a business with an £70m annual turnover to have a debt of £20 to £25m. I am guessing the current debt at I brox is well below these levels with SDM's £50m injection CL money last season, JJB cash and minimal expenditure in the last years.

SDM now has a big decision "do I release funds and allow debt to rise and in return make my business more sucessful or do I keep a real healthy Balance Sheet." - The longer it goes without any bidders for the club he will be forced to spend some cash to get better perfomance. I would suspect he is at that stage now unless he is going to gamble that he has the correct management team in that can deliver sucess on a shoestring budget and that seems too big a gamble.

Probably get proved wrong but everything points to SDM having to spend £10m this summer not because he wants to but because it makes good business sense to do it.

Fact is SDM is now looking at the club as a business and not a passion that he did in the 90's where as the rest of us as fans it will always be a passion.

At this point, its not a question of getting Murray to fork out. Its a question of finding someone with vision and passion who will lead the club forward. They may need some deep pockets to get us going, they may try to do it the lean way, or that might try to do what I would like to see and look for ways to make more money from the business through exposure to Asia or some better marketing or similar.

I just wonder if Walter and Ally before they took the jobs received any sort of assurance from Murray that he wasn't planning on selling the club in the near future? If they didn't, and Murray was to sell up, there is every chance they would both be out of a job, so the question is would they put themselves in that position, or did Murray make it clear that he is sticking around?

For me the Scott Brown fiasco is almost a "let them eat cake" moment in as much as it symbolised in so many peoples minds a much deeper and long running problem. What is very dangerous for Murray is that if Brown turns out to be a real thorn in our side it will serve as a constant reminder of our apparently inability to hack it in the transfer market in the 21st century.

There are 2 important factors you need if you want to sell a business, a healthy balance sheet and a performing business.

Murray has spent the last 3 years getting the first of these but at the expense of the second. It is not unreasonable for a business with an £70m annual turnover to have a debt of £20 to £25m. I am guessing the current debt at I brox is well below these levels with SDM's £50m injection CL money last season, JJB cash and minimal expenditure in the last years.

SDM now has a big decision "do I release funds and allow debt to rise and in return make my business more sucessful or do I keep a real healthy Balance Sheet." - The longer it goes without any bidders for the club he will be forced to spend some cash to get better perfomance. I would suspect he is at that stage now unless he is going to gamble that he has the correct management team in that can deliver sucess on a shoestring budget and that seems too big a gamble.

Probably get proved wrong but everything points to SDM having to spend £10m this summer not because he wants to but because it makes good business sense to do it.

Fact is SDM is now looking at the club as a business and not a passion that he did in the 90's where as the rest of us as fans it will always be a passion.

I think he is looking at Walter in the same way as he looked at PLG, as someone who can pull a rabbit out of a hat and deliver the required success with very little expenditure. The last thing he needs of course is an aggressive septic determined to show our impotency in the transfer market by signing all the players we target. Increasingly it looks like those in power at septic are actively trying to destroy our morale and what faith we have left in Murray by doing this, and unless we can make a few good signings pretty soon it may just work.

I just wonder if Walter and Ally before they took the jobs received any sort of assurance from Murray that he wasn't planning on selling the club in the near future? If they didn't, and Murray was to sell up, there is every chance they would both be out of a job, so the question is would they put themselves in that position, or did Murray make it clear that he is sticking around?

For me the Scott Brown fiasco is almost a "let them eat cake" moment in as much as it symbolised in so many peoples minds a much deeper and long running problem. What is very dangerous for Murray is that if Brown turns out to be a real thorn in our side it will serve as a constant reminder of our apparently inability to hack it in the transfer market in the 21st century.

Murray is definitely in a bunker mentality mode and ain't giving a monkey's what the fans think, although he did something on Sunday which I don't think he has done for a long time. He used to hang about the tunnel to try and suss the fans mood, well he did that on Sunday and he had his gofur bain with him. Maybe trying to look interested, who knows ? But everything looks like he's been here to long and it's time for new blood. ?

I think he is worried that the season ticket base will collapse because that would seriously reduce the selling price for the club.

Thats why he didn't make it apparent he wasn't goin to go beyond £3 M for brown until after the season ticket deadline !

No sympathy at all for Murray from this bear, his asset stripping is the reason that no-one else is too interested in buying Rangers. After his mismanagement sent us spiraling into debt, to keep the banks happy he sold off parts of Rangers to his other companies to reduce the dept. e.g. The Albion sold to a Murray company for 3/4 million approx. Used as a car park for Rangers games netting approx 3/4 million per season and Murray still retains ownership (not for Rangers) of land worth much more than the 3/4 million he paid Rangers for it.

We are now asking him to back the playing staff with what is virtually a gift of 10 million or so from his vast wealth when at the time he would not back us to the tune of 3/4 million for what was a sure fire loan to retain a good Rangers asset.

I would love to see him GTF unfortunately until someone comes in we are stuck with him.