Change of Seats?

brian1872

I renewed my ticket last Friday in Copland Front. I renewed it online with the intent that I was changing the seat to sit beside a mate (the other mate that sat beside him couldn't renew so I was to take his seat). I rang the ticket office earlier to ask if I could change the seat and he said there was no seat moves this season?

Surely if the seat is available it doesn't matter a fuck?

I couldn't get talking to the guy in the ticket office properly as I was in work but anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

That's not true I went into the TO on Saturday to do this and the guy said Tuesday onwards you can do it, however lots of people will be looking to buy new season tickets. Bit pish that guys who are renewing are having to queue up just to switch location. I can't get time off tomorrow so chances are I won't get to move next to my grandas seat which is frustrating. I have already renewed and paid as well.

I renewed my ticket last Friday in Copland Front. I renewed it online with the intent that I was changing the seat to sit beside a mate (the other mate that sat beside him couldn't renew so I was to take his seat). I rang the ticket office earlier to ask if I could change the seat and he said there was no seat moves this season?

Surely if the seat is available it doesn't matter a fuck?

I couldn't get talking to the guy in the ticket office properly as I was in work but anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

I emailed Rangers last night requesting seat transfers and got this:

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for your email – we are extremely busy with renewals at present, and we are experiencing many more enquiries than usual. As a result we will have extended opening hours at the ticket centre from 10am - 7pm Mon-Fri this week, and we will also have extended opening hours this weekend.

Please see the information below on common queries, if your enquiry is not covered by this response we will respond within the week. If your email requires an urgent response we will endeavour to respond within 3 working days.

Kindest Regards,

Supporter Services

0871 702 1972 (option 8)

Looks like I will have to pay a visit to the TO in person.

OT but not worth a thread does anyone know what the chances of me getting govan front ?

I'm in the Govan Front but its impossible to say how many will not be renewing mate.

Get up early tomorrow and log on to the RFC website stadium plan to see whats available.

I rang this morning to find out about the seat change and eventually got through.

I explained the situation and the girl said to me that they weren't doing transfers today, just new sales. She said to me to come to the ticket office and they could sort it out, bit difficult when I'm in Belfast!

Then she said the only thing I could do was come to the ticket office on Saturday when I'm over for the match. I said surely the seat I'm after will be gone by then and got the reply that she couldn't do anything about it.

Absolute shite customer service, I don't give two fucks how busy they are, her attitude was absolutley shit.

I rang this morning to find out about the seat change and eventually got through.

I explained the situation and the girl said to me that they weren't doing transfers today, just new sales. She said to me to come to the ticket office and they could sort it out, bit difficult when I'm in Belfast!

Then she said the only thing I could do was come to the ticket office on Saturday when I'm over for the match. I said surely the seat I'm after will be gone by then and got the reply that she couldn't do anything about it.

Absolute shite customer service, I don't give two fucks how busy they are, her attitude was absolutley shit.

She was only doing her job and telling you the truth. No point getting pissy about it. Plenty of other Bears on here have been point blank refused a transfer this season, you're lucky she even offered 1 to you if you turned up in person!

This is what I wanted to do this season and was told in June that I would have to cancel my season ticket and try and get the one I wanted in general sale. So I donet that thinking it would be fine and not expect them to keep on extending the renewal date.

Now I have went from owning 2 seats in bar72 to owning f all, can't buy bar72 seats online, can't get across to ticket office before Saturday cause I work and live in Edinburgh. I am royally fucked although I was willing to pay full price back in June not caring what league we played in.

Seems like every person I speak to wanting to do the same thing has been told a different story.

She was only doing her job and telling you the truth. No point getting pissy about it. Plenty of other Bears on here have been point blank refused a transfer this season, you're lucky she even offered 1 to you if you turned up in person!

To be honest mate,it's not even the pissy attitude I got on the phone that was the biggest problem. The problem is WHY can it not be done? It's now pretty much guaranteed that the seat that I want is going to a new season ticket holder rather than a renewal, which is complete bullshit in my opinion. I know who sat in the seat I want to sit in, I have his seat number and Rangers number AND he hasn't renewed the ticket, I don't see why it has to be such a big deal FFS :mad:

This is what I wanted to do this season and was told in June that I would have to cancel my season ticket and try and get the one I wanted in general sale. So I donet that thinking it would be fine and not expect them to keep on extending the renewal date.

Now I have went from owning 2 seats in bar72 to owning f all, can't buy bar72 seats online, can't get across to ticket office before Saturday cause I work and live in Edinburgh. I am royally fucked although I was willing to pay full price back in June not caring what league we played in.

Seems like every person I speak to wanting to do the same thing has been told a different story.

Joke mate, no harm to the club, I know the shit that we've been through recently but they should have been prepared for all of this. Extra temporary staff on the phones and extra backup for the influx on the website would have avoided all of this. We need all the season ticket sales we can get, so this doesn't help.

To be honest mate,it's not even the pissy attitude I got on the phone that was the biggest problem. The problem is WHY can it not be done? It's now pretty much guaranteed that the seat that I want is going to a new season ticket holder rather than a renewal, which is complete bullshit in my opinion. I know who sat in the seat I want to sit in, I have his seat number and Rangers number AND he hasn't renewed the ticket, I don't see why it has to be such a big deal FFS :mad:

I agree mate. I was the exact same. IMO the ST deadline was on the 10th and public sale on 14th - they should have given 2/3 of those days to allow transfers for previous ST holders but they just couldn't be arsed this year.

Bit shite, need to head up to Ibrox tomorrow and try buying some now but most likely the seats I KNEW were empty will be gone.

I was at the TO for east fife tickets, asked for my ST to get moved. Didn't even get the chance to say where to, just got told 'no moves this season as there's not enough time'.

My son waited 6 hours today and they moved him no problem - he will have to sit in his old seat this Sat but guy said letter would be sent to confirm new seat details before the 2nd home game.

Think there is usually a period in between renewals and new tickets sales when they do transfers, short of time so that's why you have to just queue today.

Why did you not get your mate to renew it for you and give him the money simples