Alex Song

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal are on a downward spiral.

It's all well and good talking about how much money they are making but when you sell your best players every season and win fuck all every single year you are not going to be known as a big club.

Today was the same old story, without RVP scoring the goals they are feeble up top.

Top 4 would be some achievement for them.

It's all well and good talking about how much money they are making but when you sell your best players every season and win fuck all every single year you are not going to be known as a big club.

Today was the same old story, without RVP scoring the goals they are feeble up top.

But they do have Giroud, top goal scorer last season for Ligue 1, and Podolski who was 4th (21 goals, 18)

Oh, and the central attacking-mid Santi Carzola

Top 3 was some achievement last season. I think top 4 is achievable easily this season as I think Arsenal will be a better team.

I remember everyone saying the same last year.

But they do have Giroud, top goal scorer last season for Ligue 1, and Podolski who was 4th (21 goals, 18)

Oh, and the central attacking-mid Santi Carzola

To get those players they have had to lose Fabregas, Nasri, Song, RVP.... and in comparison they are FAR better than those mentioned above.

Arsenal are not progressing anymore, the other top teams are running miles ahead of them on the field, now it's all well and good being financially secure ect but football is about winning things and Arsenal have not done so in quite some time....this looks like being the case for the future too.

Would Chelsea, United or City sell their captains and best players every season and to their rivals?

Arsenal imo are falling way behind the top clubs in England.

I remember everyone saying the same last year.

They done well last season, but still not good enough for a club of that size.

Winning silverware is what it's about yet they seem to accept CL football as a real sucess when really for a club like Arsenal they should be fighting for titles and cups.

Top 3 was some achievement last season. I think top 4 is achievable easily this season as I think Arsenal will be a better team.

Did you see the game?

I caught the highlighs when I got back today, they looked the same as always only minus a goal scorer.

Chelsea, United and City will make up the top 3 while Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal will fight it out for 4th spot imo.

To get those players they have had to lose Fabregas, Nasri, Song, RVP.... and in comparison they are FAR better than those mentioned above.

Arsenal are not progressing anymore, the other top teams are running miles ahead of them on the field, now it's all well and good being financially secure ect but football is about winning things and Arsenal have not done so in quite some time....this looks like being the case for the future too.

Would Chelsea, United or City sell their captains and best players every season and to their rivals?

Arsenal imo are falling way behind the top clubs in England.

Very true, but right now they have only lost RVP and Song, get another good defensive mid and the new boys could make up for RVP (Just comparing this to last season, not when they Nasri, Fabregas etc etc) but I do agree, they wont come 1st or 2nd, that's a certainty

Did you see the game?

I caught the highlighs when I got back today, they looked the same as always only minus a goal scorer.

Chelsea, United and City will make up the top 3 while Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal will fight it out for 4th spot imo.

Yeah. Arsenal controlled the match mate for the vast majority of it. A bit more game time together for the new signings and some more clinical finishes and Arsenal will be fine IMO. I know what you mean about Van Persie but Wenger always seems to find a goal scorer of some sort.

They done well last season, but still not good enough for a club of that size. Winning silverware is what it's about yet they seem to accept CL football as a real sucess when really for a club like Arsenal they should be fighting for titles and cups.

Did you see the game? I caught the highlighs when I got back today, they looked the same as always only minus a goal scorer. Chelsea, United and City will make up the top 3 while Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal will fight it out for 4th spot imo.

People said after the first few games last season they would struggle for top 7. Its becoming like the whole "Man U are not the team they where". I like to wait until at least xmas before passing judgment on teams. I reckon Arsenal will be challenging for top 4.

better start than last season already :D:lol:

would of won that game if giroud had started imo. needed a focal point in attack today. there is still business to be done for arsenal before the window closes so see wit happens

People said after the first few games last season they would struggle for top 7. Its becoming like the whole "Man U are not the team they where". I like to wait until at least xmas before passing judgment on teams. I reckon Arsenal will be challenging for top 4.

That's the problem though they should be going for the title but they wont because of a lack of ambition at the club.

If top 4 is good enough for them then fine but I would think the fans of Arsenal would want and expect more.

That's the problem though they should be going for the title but they wont because of a lack of ambition at the club.

If top 4 is good enough for them then fine but I would think the fans of Arsenal would want and expect more.

Fact of the matter is Arsenal JUST NOW cannot compete financially with man city, man u and chelsea. 2 have super rich owners and the man u are arguably the most supported club on the planet etc.

Arsenal are paying off a £365 million stadium, which is almost payed off. they dont rely on their wealthy backers ( usmanov is itching to plough money into the club) their sponsorship deals which they signed when they moved to the emirates expire in 2014. so I suspect in the next couple of years when the stadiums paid off, they have got much bigger sponsorship deals and financial fair play cones into effect you will actually see arsenal able to compete when they dont have these "shackles" on them

I totaly agree. The business men at Arsenal must be delighted but fans must be gutted. A club as big as Arsenal should be challenging for the title. That aside I dont think they can be ruled out of a top 4 place and considering its been that way for close to a decade I dont see how they are in decline. They are in the same place they have been for years.

Fact of the matter is Arsenal JUST NOW cannot compete financially with man city, man u and chelsea. 2 have super rich owners and the man u are arguably the most supported club on the planet etc.

Arsenal are paying off a £365 million stadium, which is almost payed off. they dont rely on their wealthy backers ( usmanov is itching to plough money into the club) their sponsorship deals which they signed when they moved to the emirates expire in 2014. so I suspect in the next couple of years when the stadiums paid off, they have got much bigger sponsorship deals and financial fair play cones into effect you will actually see arsenal able to compete when they dont have these "shackles" on them

Thought the stadium has been paid off?

They have also racked in almost £100 million in player sales over the past few years, not to mention they have the highest ticket prices in England.

The stadium excuse cannot last forever, the time they 'pay it back' if not already the other teams will be so far ahead it will take years for Arsenal to catch up imo.

Thought the stadium has been paid off?

They have also racked in almost £100 million in player sales over the past few years, not to mention they have the highest ticket prices in England.

The stadium excuse cannot last forever, the time they 'pay it back' if not already the other teams will be so far ahead it will take years for Arsenal to catch up imo.

not yet a couple of years to go I think. their sponsorship is also tiny compared to the 3 clubs I mentioned. If they can stay in the champions league the next two years till the stadiums payed off and they get new improved sponsorship that could be 40 million pounds they have lying around which can be used for players plus what they usually have.

If giroud and podolski were as good as people say then the likes of Milan , city , united , real madrid etc would be chasing them

They are good players , but never going to be in the class of van Persie, tevez, aguero and Rooney at club level

Sadly this is true. The sad thing is Stan Kroneke has links to Wal-MART and Usmanov is richer than Abramovich. If they really wanted to at the club, they could pump in millions in terms of buying players etc.

Sadly this is true. The sad thing is Stan Kroneke has links to Wal-MART and Usmanov is richer than Abramovich. If they really wanted to at the club, they could pump in millions in terms of buying players etc.

I read a bit about Stan kroenke when he took over the club and he just isnt like that at all. all he wants to do is run it well and pay out the dividends and take a wee profit. usmanov on the other hand is desperate to pump money in but wont while kroenke is owner for obvious reasons