A Friendly Match with a Team needing help

Lots of rangers fans in Portsmouth with all the naval bases down there. Was looking forward to the friendly along with many others with Southampton unfortunately that was cancelled.

Shame no rangers supporters club in Portsmouth area now spent many a night in madelines now a tesco express.

Looks like a taig housing scheme

Portsmouth is a bit of a concrete and prefab mess as it took a hell of a kicking in WW2 and loads of housing just thrown up after war. As for the schemey bit that's called Leigh park and it's about 10 miles up the road and a real dumping zone for all the misfits. Used to know a few people that lived in pompei and they were good lads but like any large town down here it seems there is no shortage of complete arseholes too.

But just tell them you think southampton are complete dicks and you'll be well in, they hate each other and when they meet there is usually a right old punch up.

Would certainly welcome a friendly at fratton park as it is only about 50 miles away.

Its a game id travel up for no matter on what day its on if its at IBROX, after going through this shit ourselves id be more than happy to help them out and give em 100% of sales. No fan outside the spl or others up there that have had there digs deserves to go through it.

if theres any team deserving of a 50/50 at ibrox its linfield, and to snub them and take pompey isn't something i'm keen on doing to our only friends. im not saying I dont want to help pompey, i never want to see any team (outside the spl) end up in that situation, but we have to look after our friends first

Where do you get this shit from? Linfield aren't in financial trouble,they did a great deal with the IFA for the use of Windsor Park,fair enough.Most football clubs in NI have Rangers fans in their ranks and many called for an Irish League XI v Rangers but Linfield got in first,again fair enough.Some are taking this 'everybody hates us' to extremes.A wee suggestion,set up an 'Ibrox Cup' competition to replace Euro footie,Rangers,Linfield,Portsmouth,another,just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

i live in portsmouth and flew up yesterday for the match. was only my third time ever at ibrox, (1998 and 2004 being the other times). i bought a season ticket the day they were released to the public, but realistically, i will only be able to attend about 5 games due to work shifts and the cost involved in attending just one game.

i had to stay overnight as there are no flights back down (to southampton) after the game. i just got home this afternoon at 4pm...

therefore,would love to see rangers down here playing. only ten minutes from my house to the ground!

please make it happen!!

Went to work in Pompey 1983,young guy was setting the grass on fire for them,and was soon transferred to AC Milan.No prizes for guessing,Mark Hateley.Spent 4 good years there and was made welcome from day one by the locals.Most of their fans like us,and a Pompey supporter I just met on holiday,told me he had every sympathy with us because his beloved club was also suffering.He did admit that they had never experienced the feeding frenzy that happened to us,but boy do they hate Southampton.Would love to help them in any way.

Where do you get this shit from? Linfield aren't in financial trouble,they did a great deal with the IFA for the use of Windsor Park,fair enough.Most football clubs in NI have Rangers fans in their ranks and many called for an Irish League XI v Rangers but Linfield got in first,again fair enough.Some are taking this 'everybody hates us' to extremes.A wee suggestion,set up an 'Ibrox Cup' competition to replace Euro footie,Rangers,Linfield,Portsmouth,another,just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

I've wanted the Ibrox Tournament back for years,would be great and SKY or ESPN would cover it as well.

Get a wee fanzone set up in the town centre for the away support and get some more positive PR.