The league cup

Looking at the attendances from yesterdays game and to say they were poor would be an understatement. It also looks as though we are going to have Ibrox half full tomorrow. I personally enjoy the league cup especially the later stages and trips to Hampden and have had some great memories at games we have been involved in over the years but I do accept it can get a bit boring playing the same old teams.

My suggestion would be a British league cup between the SFA and FA where it would still be regional games i.e Scottish and English teams separated until around the quarter finals. To avoid scenarios such as Inverness V QPR on a Wednesday night. Does anyone think this would be plausible?

But, youre right about the attendance last night. 900 odd at dunfermline. 400 odd at Livingston. Pathetic. Not looking much better at Ibrox unfortunately.

Yeah it doesn't seem to hold much appeal until clubs get to the latter stages. Where were the Kilmarnock fans that were at the final against Celtic last night?

I just think something like a British cup would regenerate some interest for the fans and media and could give us some decent ties, I mean look at the Hearts fans that come out the woodwork for the games against Liverpool and Tottenham in the past year. Imagine it was us V Arsenal/Chelsea etc at Ibrox the place would be bouncing.

Would just become the English league cup within a round or two anyway unfortunately

Edit - just read OP properly. Dunno really. Still think it would be pretty uninteresting

If the English teams took it seriously, it would be good. It would just be embarrassing with the English teams putting out their second string teams and still pumping our teams.

If the English teams took it seriously, it would be good. It would just be embarrassing with the English teams putting out their second string teams and still pumping our teams.

Still think the crowds would go to the games even if it was a weakened side. I've a couple of mates who are Hearts fans and they keep saying how unlucky they were against Liverpool the other night :rolleyes:

Would they though? They don't really take it seriously now. Don't think a few Scottish teams would change that