You have to laugh at ourselves

Jimfanciesthedude

true, but even gordon smith defended whyte over that, and even ally's second choice signings was a romanian international defender, the american captain, and we still got wallace

I think that's because Smith was a part of the shoddy system. Different people took different negotiations and we suffered for it. I'm not defending the results against Malmo and Maribor but I'm sure he was pissed off we missed out on so many transfer targets.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ger50champ has hit the nail on the head - I watched the game today dismayed like many

but the realisation and just relived in a way that our club was at the end nearly

only the sfa and its hit mob mafia hoped to wipe scotish football off the planet.

That is Rangers known all over the world - even people that dont like football.

Ally Mc Coist through TV and football circles is Rangers

why would we need to change to another manager in the 3rd division

I,m glad that we arent winning each game 10-nil every game because

the scottish game is better than most think.

If we have to fight every game it is only for the best and our manager in the long run

ally has our backing - the players are the ones to answer bad performances !.

After all (the following from me is meant with good intent, so please accept my apologies if I offend).

Is it the case that under Ally last year we lost a 15 point lead and were, quite suddenly out of three competitions. Also (please correct me if I'm wrong) but if we actually reached Champions league then, perhaps, the monies from this might have helped White to pay the taxman, PAYE etc. and as such we may have avoided administration in the first place.

It was the lack of results under Ally, possibly, that may have created our current plight? If anyone sees my point please respond.

That would amount to shyte having actually good intentions for us, I'm afraid many of us were dooped by him but and I really am calm here, ally is in no way responsible for where we are and you need to disappear pronto as your motive is clear.

I back Ally to the core but people need to acknowledge that he had bad moments well before administration.

Yes he did. Is anyone denying that?

I'll even concede he's not the best best football manager ever...far from it.

Neither is Neil Lennon who the hordes laud.

What I'm trying to say is, it's more than that. If Rangers is simply about a winning team to fans then by all means, sack Ally and get someone else in. Someone more experienced, proven...Billy Davies? Someone like that.

But then don't give me "More Than a Club" cause you can throw loyalty, tradition and decency out the window...sack him and then (hopefully, not a given) get someone else in who can do better. Some guy who was never here when Ally stuck up for us along with Sandy Jardine and sod all else.

If that's what people want...then fine. It's all about the wins and success.

For me, Rangers (and I was not brought up a Gers fan, I chose to support this club and admired its traditions) are more than that. We have a tradition and ethos, we're loyal and don't forget our own like so many others. We don't dump our servants, like the hordes dumped Stein. We are different.

But yes, sack Ally and maybe we'll do better...who knows? But I'll tell you something...what seperates Rangers from every other football club will be lost.

We should have been able to beat Maribor with Jelavic, blond Judas, shagging Judas and Sunderland Judas.

I agree, of course we should have. And I'm not denying he made mistakes before we went into administration because that's a fact but things were never ideal for him to succeed imo. Can make the same argument with PLG. He didn't get a great budget and most of it was spunked on Sebo.

True. I was suspicious over Whyte because of his handling over the Goodwillie saga.

He still had the core of a title winning squad that was successful under Walter - Ally was his right hand man.

Poor in Europe and at Falkirk but the league campaign started well, but started collapsing following the St Johnstone draw in mid November.

I'm not disagreeing.

That would amount to shyte having actually good intentions for us, I'm afraid many of us were dooped by him but and I really am calm here, ally is in no way responsible for where we are and you need to disappear pronto as your motive is clear.

Ok, I'll disappear. I don't post on here because I'm aware that constructive debate on this site... My apologies.

I agree, of course we should have. And I'm not denying he made mistakes before we went into administration because that's a fact but things were never ideal for him to succeed imo. Can make the same argument with PLG. He didn't get a great budget and most of it was spunked on Sebo.

One of the many things that baffled me was.. Whyte couldn't get Ally's main targets, but still managed to tie up a number of players on long contracts. The wages cost an absolute fortune, a few players were on £20k+ a week.

Obviously they left a year later but that would have cost absolute millions to assemble.

PLG never took over a title winning squad that got to the Europa League quarter finals though

true, but even gordon smith defended whyte over that, and even ally's second choice signings was a romanian international defender, the american captain, and we still got wallace

Gordon Smith should be in the Murray/ Whyte league.. Trust me.. I was there

One of the many things that baffled me was.. Whyte couldn't get Ally's main targets, but still managed to tie up a number of players on long contracts. The wages cost an absolute fortune, a few players were on £20k+ a week.

Obviously they left a year later but that would have cost absolute millions to assemble.

Well he saved a lot of money by not paying PAYE. He was banking on CL money as he had none of his own.

Longer contracts means bigger transfer fee, maybe his plan was scuppered sooner than he wanted.

He was still allowed to bring in players such as Sionko, Papac, Clement, Svensson, Letizi and a handful of youngsters. Not a success and didn't ever look like turning that around but some of the nostalgia in this thread is fucking astounding.

He was still allowed to bring in players such as Sionko, Papac, Clement, Svensson, Letizi and a handful of youngsters. Not a success and didn't ever look like turning that around but some of the nostalgia in this thread is fucking astounding.

I know mate, was just trying to be fair.

I know mate, was just trying to be fair.

Fair is okay, but the defending he's getting because of four or five UEFA Cup games against middling opposition (where PLG should have been a success anyway) is baffling.

Fair is okay, but the defending he's getting because of four or five UEFA Cup games against middling opposition (where PLG should have been a success anyway) is baffling.

I agree. I just don't think he got his first choice targets either but he was a disaster. Of that there is no doubt.

I'm guessing his first choice targets are most of the names on this list?

http://www.rangersloyal.co.uk/transferrumours/rumourssum06.html

Looks like it. Remember being on here at the time and it was so exciting, being linked with French internationalists left, right and centre.