Chris Graham

BEARGER

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm not really a poster but your questions don't really make any sense. They're based around client money rules and they don't really apply. The fsma doesn't regulate supporter trusts.

According to the website the GerSave scheme is operated by Direct Sharedeal under the auspices of the FSA. If as you say it's not regulated then why mention it as part of the website.

You know fine well..........this organisation being the best known..........trusts are the fav tool of the press and media over the last year or so . This group the rst are insignificant in the overall structure of Rangers fans.

They proudly came on here to announce to the world that CG met them and lead us to believe he was a member and that the grand total of 100 including new and old board member attended this meeting.

Also to use twitter and facebook followers as a sign as to their importance, good God man that is an unbelievably naive comment to make..............I have never followed anyone on twitter, how many followers do you have and do you sit there and go .........yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss look at all these people who hang on my every word.

You have seen on this thread that people have asked viable questions that rst have refused to answer, but perhaps more worryingly members like yourself have never raised, that show a complete lack of actually caring as to what is going on or being done in your name as a member or worse than that what's not being done!

One question then a very simple one to you as a member of this popular front................are you happy that someone who is put up as spokesperson was involved in a rather shameful episode in the history of the rst Y/N. Now that could be a strange question to you as you only joined on 14th Feb (btw cute date to jointongue.gif) so rephrase , does it concern you that as a member , a person that sat on national tv speaking about clarity and diligence was involved in a situation within the trust that will come back and bite the trust when the media comeback to savage someone who is no longer of any use to them.

Like someone else said I find it strange that you would join freely or otherwise. Also this is just various thoughts that come from posts and my views as to the rst, nothing personal re your good-self .

Don't worry I am not taking it personally. I am just a member of the RST giving my opinion - I don't speak for them as I am not elected to do so.

So how do you measure a fans groups' influence then? Social media is becoming more and more important in getting the message out to fans, especially when you have a worldwide fanbase like we do. The club use it, the press use it, so for a group that wants to influence opinion it is an indicator of that influence. The Assembly don't have a website - they have about 4k likes on FB and no Twitter account. The trust have a website, 20k Twitter followers and 15k FB likes. The Association have no online presence at all.

If you want to discard online presence then how else do you decide influence? The Assembly have not met since February - I find that amazing. I actually didn't believe it when someone mentioned it the other day but apparently it is true. So what influence are they exerting on the debates surrounding our club?

I think the most effective opinion forming interventions have come from websites actually. RM, VB,FF,Gersnet, CRO and TRS have all helped but they are not fans groups. They have no constitution or paying members but they have all done an excellent job of leading a fightback.

The RFFF have been excellent and stepped into a void but they have a limited purpose and probably won't continue once the money is spent. Personally I would love to see one fan group which properly represents ST holders, overseas bears and RSCs. One of the things I find most bizarre is that the ST holders have no representation at all.

The RST for me and many others were the most accessible group to join. I don't think they are perfect but in terms of getting involved, whether you agree with everything they do or not, I think they have been the most proactive.

I haven't asked questions about the things on this thread because I have no reason to. Do you know if the RST have had complaints from people who took part in Gersave? If they haven't then is it not fair to assume that the people who put their money in are happy with what happened to it? I'll say one thing - it disappoints me that more of the members do not take part in the AGM process because although the last one had a decent turnout it still only represents a small portion of the membership.

According to the website the GerSave scheme is operated by Direct Sharedeal under the auspices of the FSA. If as you say it's not regulated then why mention it as part of the website.

I don't know the intricacies of the RST scheme but I do know that mutuals can appoint FSA regulated companies to invest their money.

Don't worry I am not taking it personally. I am just a member of the RST giving my opinion - I don't speak for them as I am not elected to do so.

So how do you measure a fans groups' influence then? Social media is becoming more and more important in getting the message out to fans, especially when you have a worldwide fanbase like we do. The club use it, the press use it, so for a group that wants to influence opinion it is an indicator of that influence. The Assembly don't have a website - they have about 4k likes on FB and no Twitter account. The trust have a website, 20k Twitter followers and 15k FB likes. The Association have no online presence at all.

If you want to discard online presence then how else do you decide influence? The Assembly have not met since February - I find that amazing. I actually didn't believe it when someone mentioned it the other day but apparently it is true. So what influence are they exerting on the debates surrounding our club?

I think the most effective opinion forming interventions have come from websites actually. RM, VB,FF,Gersnet, CRO and TRS have all helped but they are not fans groups. They have no constitution or paying members but they have all done an excellent job of leading a fightback.

The RFFF have been excellent and stepped into a void but they have a limited purpose and probably won't continue once the money is spent. Personally I would love to see one fan group which properly represents ST holders, overseas bears and RSCs. One of the things I find most bizarre is that the ST holders have no representation at all.

The RST for me and many others were the most accessible group to join. I don't think they are perfect but in terms of getting involved, whether you agree with everything they do or not, I think they have been the most proactive.

I haven't asked questions about the things on this thread because I have no reason to. Do you know if the RST have had complaints from people who took part in Gersave? If they haven't then is it not fair to assume that the people who put their money in are happy with what happened to it? I'll say one thing - it disappoints me that more of the members do not take part in the AGM process because although the last one had a decent turnout it still only represents a small portion of the membership.

Surely the measure of their popularity is the going from circa 2500 paying members to 1000 in the current boards reign. (tu)

So you commented on something without knowing the "intricacies" but immediately assumed I made no sense. (tu)

I know that 'client money' references are not relevant. You're questions are all based around 'client money' and 'statutory trusts' and to me that only demonstrates your ignorance of the law applicable to co-operatives.

I know that 'client money' references are not relevant. You're questions are all based around 'client money' and 'statutory trusts' and to me that only demonstrates your ignorance of the law applicable to co-operatives.

So you are sure without knowing the intricacies that this is not "designated investment business" being carried out in this example. (tu)

If you are right, then its even stranger why they couldnt have answered the questions previously. (tu)

Dear God man (few times now 7325.gif) how many of that number have an actual interest and not just idiots from you know where being silly buggers.......you say many others but in truth you are talking about 100 that is an improvment from 30 at meetings , but you like everyone else within this setup overplay their actual clout..........they have been nothing but shocking over the last 18 months in particular and yet again you do not see the problem having the man from follow follow and all his baggage on as a spokesman............the word Trust springs to mind, yet you have no concern . You mentioned previously you have a business I to had one prior to seeing coming on 7 years ago and was answerable to the FSA don't know how you run your business but I would have shown him the door immediately.

Also I have given my reason as to not joining rst and that was from before it was started when the reason became apparent as to why the individual in the office tht day was wanting to form one.

It is as a phrase I used many months ago a busted flush with absolutely no credibility in far more fan eyes , who would join if they had a clear out. Have to say that there is definitely something a foot here over the last few days with people suddenly sticking their heads over the parapet again and not so subtly praising the rst and how wonderful they are, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

So you are sure without knowing the intricacies that this is not "designated investment business" being carried out in this example. (tu)

If you are right, then its even stranger why they couldnt have answered the questions previously. (tu)

Really I'm not being a smartass, it's a mutual company, check the FSA Mutuals Register, all your doing is making it easy for the RST to rise above you and ignore you because your questions are uninformed.

Really I'm not being a smartass, it's a mutual company, check the FSA Mutuals Register, all your doing is making it easy for the RST to rise above you and ignore you because your questions are uninformed.

So, if you are correct and the questions re client money fall out of scope, the other questions remain in connection with Direct Sharedeal and the statutory trust account question is replaced by an interest baring account?

In all seriousness though, we'll done for being the first to raise your head above the trenches in an attempt to answer. (tu)