Bargain basement talent.

allcinaye

As DBBTB says, fan's expectations and short-sightedness will mean that if we did sign a player from an SFL3 side, they'd moan regardless of the player.

I honestly think you could sign a player from the German third division and no one would blink an eyelid, for some reason foreign lower division players are far quicker accepted by our support than British lower division players.

I think it would happen if we signed a player from a SFL1 side tbh.

The example I always use is Leigh Griffiths. Granted he's proven hismelf to be a complete rocket, but at 18/19 years old he had a record of a goal every other game for two decent clubs in the first division and was available for less than £100,000, yet it seemed that we weren't even remotely interested in him.

Now if a 18/19 year old was a constant scorer in the first team in any second tier league throughout Europe then you can almost gaurantee that the biggest guns in the league above would be sniffing about simply because it's a low risk with the potential for high reward.

Maybe the demands of the club and the expectations for instant success are too much for the player to be deemed capable of stepping upso soon, but that also applies to other top clubs too so I don't know. It's a complete head scratcher.

I would eat my hat if we weren't looking at some of these sfl3 players , we would be looking at the teams anyway to find there weaknesses etc so they will know all about the stars of this league

Was very impressed with Dylan Easton , about 2 or 3 times 4 of our players surrounded him and he dribbled his way out

lower leagues have got talent but its all about taking the chance and giving them a go.

is it the fans? some fans will still expect us to be making name signings from top leagues in each country but the fact is at this point we dont need them and 2 we cant afford to lay the money out just now.

one that always bugged me was morgaro gomis, he was a class act imo, should have took a punt on him, the guys played for so called lesser teams, was good at scumdee and now wasting away at birmingham - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgaro_Gomis

same can be said for buaben, hes had a better time of it but 30 games since 2011 isnt much.

im all for signing these players, they wont cost much and who knows> could unearth a few gems.

who was the last player we signed that had played at a lower level, novo? raith>dundee>rangers?

am surew the boy mccalister who played against us this season wld be a great buy for us. he is a striker and tore our defence apart one day and scored as well. feck i cant even rem who he plays for. it was an away game and i was there that day as well. damn need to stop drinking prior to games

am surew the boy mccalister who played against us this season wld be a great buy for us. he is a striker and tore our defence apart one day and scored as well. feck i cant even rem who he plays for. it was an away game and i was there that day as well. damn need to stop drinking prior to games

Peterhead, we'll see him today

I think the main difference between the SPL, and SFL3 for instance, is consistency. As has been mentioned earlier, every team and almost every player has raised their game when they've played us, because we're the big show. That's why results have been closer than we'd expected, and why some players find their level here. It would be interesting to see if any players that have played well against us would be able to sustain that form week in, week out, like Lewis MacLeod is expected to do.

I think some players would be reluctant to give up their day job as well...