***The Official Kangaroo Court Commision Thread***

simplythebest

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck if this wasn't such a poisoned process you would have to laugh! Basically we are being investigated as to whether we failed to declare non-contractual payments in the contract we submitted to authorities, honestly what the fuck!

Pretty much sums it up

The SPL must know if we take them to court, their case would fall to pieces. Obviously UEFA would frown upon that, but they did nothing when we went to the courts RE: Transfer Embargo. You would think UEFA/FIFA would just come in and get the SFA told, it just seems to me that they don't care.

The SPL must know if we take them to court, their case would fall to pieces. Obviously UEFA would frown upon that, but they did nothing when we went to the courts RE: Transfer Embargo. You would think UEFA/FIFA would just come in and get the SFA told, it just seems to me that they don't care.

The proper thing is to take them to CAS and let the whole truth come out, everything.

It really is hard to believe what is going on. There so many logical posts in this thread -- no sane person could ever disagree that we are being treated in a disgraceful fashion. The question is why? Really... Why?

Jealousy? The fact we are the biggest and best club in the country? We are the most successful club in the world? We just won't die -- no matter what they try? I'd really like to know because it simply makes no sense.

I said yesterday I'd like to see these bastards try and take our titles ... try. I think Charles will relish the fight - and we will win. (tu)

From what we understand they would have to find that 1.Any EBT or sidletter would have something to do with payment for playing.2.Any payment for such wasn't reported to the league.

But if HMRC says the EBT's are loans and not taxable incomes then WTF are they on about?

I think regardless of what they do they have driven us to find a better league to play in just for making us stomach the suspence of votes,commissions,nasty media and torment the past year.

Press Statement ~ Independent Commission

The Independent Commission chaired by Rt Hon Lord Nimmo Smith, sitting with Nicholas Stewart QC and Charles Flint QC, to determine issues concerning EBT payments and arrangements at RFC 2012 PLC (in liquidation) (formerly The Rangers Football Club Plc) (“Oldco”) and Rangers Football Club, heard evidence and submissions at a hearing on 29, 30 & 31 January 2013.

Parties before the commission were: The Scottish Premier League Limited, represented by Mr. Rod McKenzie of Harper MacLeod; and Oldco, represented by Mr. James Mure QC, instructed by Mr Michael McLaughlin of DWF Biggart Baillie.

Mr Mure QC also on 31 January represented Rangers Football Club and The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“Newco”) in regard to submissions on any possible sanction which might apply in the event that any breach was established.

The Commission has reserved judgement and will issue a full written decision in due course.

Until that decision is issued no further comment will be made.

They know full well by now we will go to court and we will not stop concerning titles, CG will not have it and JT is in the wings but he does need to start upping his game if he is going to be the head of our PR and take the fight to Thomson, 3 names and the likes.

I can see the huge fine for "administration anomolies" that is completely out of proportion but will remain in effect to allow us to be offered a new "provisional" membership to the "new" hierarchy run by CFC..., sorry SFA and <new league title insert here>

Sooner we GTF and join the english blue square league the better, it is not a forgone conclusion we cannot and the decision from them will be made soon enough.

You may be right about the desire to impose a huge fine, but I can see a problem for them over that. Clearly any fine would be leveled against the oldco, so the only way they could collect would be to argue that we are the same team and are liable. If that is the case, why are we in the third division? Surely they would then be liable to us suing them for the millions we lost when players left after we were kicked out of the SPL? I have no doubt that we could "persuade" most of these players to give evidence that they only left because of the demotion.