A Hint on Realism?

Gaz92

http://m.thenational.ae/sport/football/charles-green-concedes-sacrifices-are-necessary-for-rangers-progress

A piece on Charles Green's speech in Dubai, and for me, it is one of the most welcomed speeches I have seen for a while now.

It is all good and well discussing the bright future plans - routes to a different league, kit deals, pre-season friendlies, the IPO money, chat shows and the rest. There is the place for that, but there is also the place for the realistic view of the immediate future of the club. We still have hard times and sacrifices ahead to make this work, and it is time we all start to realise this.

The quicker Green stops protecting us from the tougher times which lie ahead, the quicker the support can start to deal with us. Time for the truth to out, Charles.

I think he's saying what we all know in that interview.

We're still in the 3rd teir of Scoattish football and if the SPL's planned new struture comes into place, we'll be playing all the same teams, and visiting their grounds again next year.

Income could possibly be improved if we didn't get knocked out of cups to quickly, maybe he'd be better looking into that aspect of our business?

I think he's saying what we all know in that interview.

We're still in the 3rd teir of Scoattish football and if the SPL's planned new struture comes into place, we'll be playing all the same teams, and visiting their grounds again next year.

Income could possibly be improved if we didn't get knocked out of cups to quickly, maybe he'd be better looking into that aspect of our business?

I'm certainly hoping he is, but the time has to come when the fans need to know about it as well. Exactly how tight is the squeeze going to be? What exact changes will we have to suffer? The fans need to know at some point.

remember the £ m ally was to get ,was that c.g. or was it whyte sounds familiar ,have to wait and see ..

The £10 million transfer budget?

Was always ridiculous. Even if we are in a healthy position, suggestions of spending that much is simply madness.