A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

sometimes I eat pies too , could you take me under your wing tho superfan and teach me how too be great like you

eat more pies - then you can be as big a fan as me :pipe:

Ps - it's a sad life if you think slagging players is the way to show support !

It's obvious that the only way to resolve this argument (which I know nothing about, and don't even know how I stumbled in to it :D ) is for both of you to donate to the Sponsors' Fund, and whoever donates the most wins the argument :sherlock:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quickie RST

What happened to the £92k (plus interest) which was sitting in the RST bank account which was money they harvested for shares in the oldco?

It's mainly all been refunded or transferred to Buy Rangers at the members' request. Some people haven't responded to the letters but the money is in the account waiting for them.

fair do's - I may add that post as my sig - am apology on rm!! I'll add yet another £10 to my pledges - in Darren cole and govan blue we trust!!!

Not only an apology, but also a typo which I can no longer correct as you've quoted it

Oh the shame doh

u obv missed the sarcasm in my post but I'm getting bored now and this is taking the topic off point , but feel free too lecture me some more in pm if you want

you missed the :pipe: so I took it as read - I'm a touchy chap at times - accept my apologies and lets ear more pies !

It's obvious that the only way to resolve this argument (which I know nothing about, and don't even know how I stumbled in to it :D ) is for both of you to donate to the Sponsors' Fund, and whoever donates the most wins the argument :sherlock:

£10.21 ???

Okay, I've shown good faith and donated. I can't make you believe me but I and most of my fellow board members have no interest in belonging to an organisation such as the one you described.

Well done RST.

Rest assured you will be treated well in the fund, and your voice will carry as much weight as everyone else's, and there are no politics in there, only Fund Members' all getting along :thumbup:

As far as what can the RST do to restore my faith in them - I don't know if they ever can - I'm always suspicious of any organisation.

That's why I like RM so much - they are very clearly impartial, apolitical and non-partisan in all matters, and their admin never ever try to speak on behalf of any of their members. That's not somethig the RST could ever do obviously, due to the very nature of its remit, and I don't think I'll ever be happy with any organisation speaking on my behalf.

As I said, glad to have you on board, both in the Fund and on RM, but do expect that you will get a lot of grief from certain members :(

It's mainly all been refunded or transferred to Buy Rangers at the members' request. Some people haven't responded to the letters but the money is in the account waiting for them.

And just think how cool it will be having "RST" listed in the RM Sponsors' Hall of Fame

That little gesture will do a lot for fan unity :D

Good stuff - how did you differentiate between whose money you bought shares with and whose money was 'held back'?

Did everyone who donated after a certain date have their money withheld and get a refund or did everyone who ever donated get a % refund?

Does that make sense?

Oh and the interest on that must have been pretty tidy - is that still resting in the account?

ha ha I will be in contact next month lord sugar

Good Man. You're Hired!

The fund (and raffle) will be staying open until about the end of the first week in June, to allow those who get paid at the end of the month to sign up (tu)

And just think how cool it will be having "RST" listed in the RM Sponsors' Hall of Fame

That little gesture will do a lot for fan unity :D

go get him GB after all a £10 per year is same as RST membership - just a trifle!!

Are you saying the FF and RST can be lumped together as one? FF and the RST have consistently and repeatedly denied this.

So you pick and choose which (or whose) personal abuse offends you? Really? Your post was about the personal abuse dished out to Chris, if I mention the personal abuse he dishes out I'm thinking of the wrong thread...?

The 'mandate' you claim is (at the time of this post) 56 votes for "developing a more healthy relationship with other forums," 56 votes for "no/unnecessary." That's not a mandate.

What's the current standing in the vote on FF?

No I'm not, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to put a negative slant on everything I said. I have afforded you the same respect.

I do not 'pick and choose' what offends me and what doesn't, I have complete trust that the admin and mod team on here would be able to differentiate between abuse and constructive debate. I already lashed out at Fury in the thread that was subsequently deleted/locked/whatever happened to it.

It's certainly expressing a desire for some sort of action from this forum, the question is, will either the admin team, or you personally, take it upon yourself/yourselves to try and see through what your forum is asking of you?

I'm going to launch the poll on FF when I get a moment, but I have no doubt given recent feelings expressed on there about the relations between fans fora that it will be a success.

Good stuff - how did you differentiate between whose money you bought shares with and whose money was 'held back'?

Did everyone who donated after a certain date have their money withheld and get a refund or did everyone who ever donated get a % refund?

Does that make sense?

Oh and the interest on that must have been pretty tidy - is that still resting in the account?

Very thorough records were kept of who paid what and how much was paid for shares. Everyone got what they put in minus anything that was paid for shares and allocated to them. The interest is still in the account. We will probably put it towards audit costs as Gersave was always included in the audit but we took no money from the fund. Just so you know, the rules of Gersave actually allowed up to charge up to 5% of people's contributions for admin costs. We never did that.

Sorry but that is idealistic.

The forums are very different and for that reason attract very different types of people as adherents. I can't see any marked relationship between the Rangers that I love/live and the FF forum or the RST. The very ethos of these organisations are the opposite of the Rangers legacy of morality, dignity and dare I say it integrity (sporting and otherwise).

For me that's one of the reasons why the events of the last 18 months have hurt so much. People who have been involved with the club have not lived up to these standards, they've let the club - and all associated with it - down.

There are others, on the fringe of the club (principally the entities named above), who also have acted abominably and continue to do so.

The thought of uniting with them appeals to me as much as the thought of inviting Craig Whyte round for dinner.

No need to apologise for having an opinion. And, of course you're right - it is somewhat idealistic but I also think it's accurate; in part at least.

For example, for all its faults, FF isn't all that different from most other forums IMO - it's made up of many good bears, some mischief-makers, a few interlopers and more. Just the same as here and elsewhere - except maybe on a better/worse scale because of its size. Yes, there's maybe a few people there I'd struggle to identify with but I'd never suggest I was any better a fan than those who use it. Not to mention, many fans use more than one forum.

The Rangers community would be a boring place if everyone agreed and I don't think any support would ever achieve true unity. However, what can be achieved is working together for the greater good where necessary from time to time. The last year or two is such a time and it's a real shame that hasn't happened.

I don't think that reflects well on any of us actually.