Our HMRC issues....

KingKirk

Ours was very well run and administered from our legal representatives point of view, you have to take into consideration what HMRC's legal advisors were telling them, people conveniently forget the role lawyers played in this whole saga, who incidentally get paid win lose or draw.

But should that poor legal advice not be looked at seeing as the taxpayer paid for it ?

Furthermore is it in the interests of the tax payer that legal advice which was proven to be wrong at tribunal, is now being acted upon again in the shape of an appeal ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, for the record I'm totally for an inquiry into the whole sorry saga, I believe certain departments and agencies have acted irresponsibly in the past and continue to do so today, Bu I point blank refuse to believe it is as a result of a direct and malicious campaign against Rangers.

But should that poor legal advice not be looked at seeing as the taxpayer paid for it ?

Furthermore is it in the interests of the tax payer that legal advice which was proven to be wrong at tribunal, is now being acted upon again in the shape of an appeal ?

Absolutely it should be mate, see my above post.

Absolutely it should be mate, see my above post.

Yeah Id typed it before that post appeared.

I'm agreeing with you on this - notwithstanding allegations about "HMRC having it in for us" - I think there is a considerable case for an enquiry in terms of their negligence (leaks especially) without us adding conspiracy theories to the mix.

Yeah Id typed it before that post appeared.

I'm agreeing with you on this - notwithstanding allegations about "HMRC having it in for us" - I think there is a considerable case for an enquiry in terms of their negligence (leaks especially) without us adding conspiracy theories to the mix.

Absolutely, whining about conspiracy theories and deliberate campaigns just reduces the credibility of any cause for redress we may have, we would do well to highlight the irregularities that took place in a more sensible manner maybe then we will get some answers, maybe even someone held accountable for the vast waste of public funds.

We were being chased for VAT and PAYE unless I've got my time zones mixed up.

http://www.telegraph...un-and-run.html

No your time zones are correct it's your tax cases that are wrong,The original post was about this period yes, but it's changed into a debate about whether or not HMRC had an agenda against Rangers regards the big tax case which didn't involve VAT.

The VAT was from the Whyte era and nothing to do with the EBT investigation.

The VAT was due, no questions, regardless of the address of the office, Whyte just point blank didn't pay it so no conspiracy there.

Whatever is said is

HMRC should have got their facts straight in 2003.

They issues a bill for tax that as it stands they were not entitled to.

This and this alone left the club vulnerable to the shysters takeover

They do have a right to go after tax that is over due,,, they do not have the right to chase monies not owing.

They got this (as it stands) wrong big style and perhaps it was just down to incompetence but its one fek of an error.

Whatever is said is

HMRC should have got their facts straight in 2003. By what means Clairvoyance?

They issues a bill for tax that as it stands they were not entitled to. They issued a bill they believed we owed, as is their right, we contested it.

This and this alone left the club vulnerable to the shysters takeover No Murrays collapsing steel empire and the global debt crisis coupled with the potential tax liability left us at Whytes mercy.

They do have a right to go after tax that is over due,,, they do not have the right to chase monies not owing. They have a right to take legal action to ascertain if monies are owed or not, do you expect them to not pursue it just because we said it was legal?

They got this (as it stands) wrong big style and perhaps it was just down to incompetence but its one fek of an error. Completely agree

It went soemthing like

HMRC: Hey Rangers you owe us a gazillion pounds

RFC: No we don't

HMRC: Well we think you do and we want this amount

RFC: We will give you this amount instead

HMRC: No we want it all, we belive it is due, because of x,y and z reasons and we will take legal action to recover it

RFC: See you in court

many months later

RFC: na nana na na !!

Your suggesting it should have went like

HMRC: Hey Rangers you owe us a gazillion pounds.

RFC: No we don't.

HMRC: Right sorry.

thats mental.

Whatever is said is

HMRC should have got their facts straight in 2003. By what means Clairvoyance?No by going in and discussing it with the club taking. It was on the accounts signed off.

They issues a bill for tax that as it stands they were not entitled to. They issued a bill they believed we owed, as is their right, we contested it. Not if they had their fact straight it wasnt see the point above.

This and this alone left the club vulnerable to the shysters takeover No Murrays collapsing steel empire and the global debt crisis coupled with the potential tax liability left us at Whytes mercy. Well chick that in as well but without the incorrect tax bill we would have had better and more legitimate offers. IMO.

They do have a right to go after tax that is over due,,, they do not have the right to chase monies not owing.They have a right to take legal action to ascertain if monies are owed or not, do you expect them to not pursue it just because we said it was legal? No I expect experts in tax law to understand....well tax law.... is that so hard to understand.

They got this (as it stands) wrong big style and perhaps it was just down to incompetence but its one fek of an error. Completely agree Good man.

Whatever is said is

HMRC should have got their facts straight in 2003. By what means Clairvoyance?No by going in and discussing it with the club taking. It was on the accounts signed off.

They issues a bill for tax that as it stands they were not entitled to. They issued a bill they believed we owed, as is their right, we contested it. Not if they had their fact straight it wasnt see the point above.

This and this alone left the club vulnerable to the shysters takeover No Murrays collapsing steel empire and the global debt crisis coupled with the potential tax liability left us at Whytes mercy. Well chick that in as well but without the incorrect tax bill we would have had better and more legitimate offers. IMO.

They do have a right to go after tax that is over due,,, they do not have the right to chase monies not owing.They have a right to take legal action to ascertain if monies are owed or not, do you expect them to not pursue it just because we said it was legal? No I expect experts in tax law to understand....well tax law.... is that so hard to understand.

They got this (as it stands) wrong big style and perhaps it was just down to incompetence but its one fek of an error. Completely agree Good man.

Mate,

Your forgetting the very fabric of EBT's were to take advantage of loopholes in tax law, grey areas that would be very difficult if not impossible to unravel, if it was as simple as going in and asking the club about it fuck sake they would have done that, yes tax law is very complicated, VERY hence why people make millions inventing ways to avoid it.

You seem hell bent on believeing HMRC are run by the vatican and had one purpose in life and that was to destroy Rangers, despite whatever reasoned debate is put in front of you, I'm leaving this thread it's run it's course.

It went soemthing like

HMRC: Hey Rangers you owe us a gazillion pounds... ooops sorry wve checked and we dont.

RFC: No we don't... see told you

HMRC: Well we think you do and we want this amount oops sorry we checked and you are correct

RFC: We will give you this amount instead as this is the TRUE amount owing

HMRC: No we want it all, we belive it is due, because of x,y and z reasons and we will take legal action to recover it.. ooops weve check and you are correct

RFC: See you in court good news no need.

many months later

RFC: na nana na na !!

Your suggesting it should have went like

HMRC: Hey Rangers you owe us a gazillion pounds.

RFC: No we don't.

HMRC: Right sorry.

thats mental.

Well it would be mental if that was what I have said.

But what I have said is they should know the rules.

If you want a ruling on tax go to a tax expert....

Is that to much to ask?

Your forgetting the very fabric of EBT's were to take advantage of loopholes in tax law, grey areas that would be very difficult if not impossible to unravel, if it was as simple as going in and asking the club about it fuck sake they would have done that, yes tax law is very complicated, VERY hence why people make millions inventing ways to avoid it.

Well what I expect is that those in charge of collecting it, understand it.

2 Lawyers did...

Is it to much to ask.

Lots of things in life are comple

Heart surgery for instance..... who would you rather do that a competent surgeon or some guy who hasnt checked what is involved.

How about Law in Philly .... I would get a Philly lawyer.

You seem hell bent on believeing HMRC are run by the vatican and had one purpose in life and that was to destroy Rangers, despite whatever reasoned debate is put in fornt of you, I'm leaving this thread it's run it's course.

As you have not read or understood a word Ive said then that seems to be for the best.

Well it would be mental if that was what I have said.

But what I have said is they should know the rules.

If you want a ruling on tax go to a tax expert....

Is that to much to ask?

They did check, they went to court, thats how you check the legality of a disputed claim when there are two conflicting opinions. Your whole argument is based on they should have checked, checked with who? Themselves? the guys who set up the scheme? or go to court and ask for an independent verdict on it?

Of course they go to court and ask for an independent verdict, thats what the tax case was all about, HMRC checking. Whatever happened between them beginning the check and it ending was not under their control.

Is that so hard to understand?

I really need to go now this is getting tiresome.

Well what I expect is that those in charge of collecting it, understand it.

2 Lawyers did...

Is it to much to ask.

Lots of things in life are comple

Heart surgery for instance..... who would you rather do that a competent surgeon or some guy who hasnt checked what is involved.

How about Law in Philly .... I would get a Philly lawyer.

You seem hell bent on believeing HMRC are run by the vatican and had one purpose in life and that was to destroy Rangers, despite whatever reasoned debate is put in fornt of you, I'm leaving this thread it's run it's course.

As you have not read or understood a word Ive said then that seems to be for the best.

I've checked and you are bonkers.

Why should there be penalties and interested be added prior to finding guilt? Fair enough they chase money they believe to be theirs. What is fundamentally flawed in all of hmrc dealings is they think they can close loopholes and retrospectively chase money. They should not be able to add penalties and interest until guilt is decided.

Why should there be penalties and interested be added prior to finding guilt? Fair enough they chase money they believe to be theirs. What is fundamentally flawed in all of hmrc dealings is they think they can close loopholes and retrospectively chase money. They should not be able to add penalties and interest until guilt is decided.

This. If they reduce the speed limit on a road they would not retrospectively charge people who drove on the road prior to the change.

So if the HMRC win the appeal you will then fully back them?

Mitre good to hear from you....

Only in part would be the answer..

when the EBTs first appeared on our accounts this should have been settled.

They make the complaint in 2003 and we freeze the use until settled.

Its not rocket science ............and if it was I would employ a rocket scientist.....they can do complex stuff, unlike HMRC.