World football rivalries

Watching a program on ESPN about the Roma Lazio derby, didn't know the ultras got a game called off by claiming the death of a child caused by the police, which was false, but put immense pressure on the teams and referees. They were told if the game continued they'd be killed.

I know we've had our issues in Scotland, the odd invading of the park etc but can't think of anything near as bad as this.

Imagine someone tried this at Rangers v Scum game, has the feeling got that bad recently we could see major issues when we get back to the top, or are we safe from this level of stupidity.

I do know that I certain team used the death of a very minor player in their history to get a game postponed against us. It was a very unfortunate issue and life is worth alot more than football, but that was a joke

aye coz fuck face mcgreedy was suspended, but it was all to

do with sporting integrity.

There was a thread yesterday? about the next Rangers vs scum encounter. Might be the most intense match for many a year. I'd love us to hump them while we are in a lower division.

The scum will stoop to levels only known to them ( as in the death of a 'legend' that hardly any of their team/organisation even heard of ).

Our rivalry with them is certainly one of the biggest in world football -- perpetuated by their constant feeling of inferiority and insecurity.

WATP (tu)

I do know that I certain team used the death of a very minor player in their history to get a game postponed against us. It was a very unfortunate issue and life is worth alot more than football, but that was a joke

Am sure they a tour of japan to console themselves on their great loss..

There can't be many football derbies where you can find yourself yards away from thousands of people singing songs and displaying flags and banners in support of terrorists who murdered someone you knew. That what makes ours different.

True mate... It's quite unbelievable. The idiocy in their support always surprises me - although it shouldn''t.