Change to CCS Away Scheme

Just got this email:

As a season ticket holder signed up to away matches via the continuous credit card scheme, we understand that the previous policy of being unable to cancel a match ticket without being excluded from the scheme has meant fans have lost out on occasion. For the coming season we are introducing a new policy where each supporter signed up to this scheme will be permitted to cancel 2 away matches during the season without being removed from the scheme. The third time a supporter cancels, they will then be excluded.

If you wish to cancel a particular match you must notify the ticket centre by emailing ccardmandate@rangers.co.uk or by writing to Rangers Ticket Centre, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2XD no later than 3 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the match you wish to cancel.

Regards

Rangers Ticket Centre

Much better from Rangers.

Just got this email:

Much better from Rangers.

Good that they have finally done this, sometimes you just cant always get to a game if you have any other arrangements and you still get charged the money. Will free up tickets from time to time to!

However - I should point out that you need to give them 3 weeks notice - I didn't get 3 weeks notice from Rangers that I was being allocated a ticket for Albion Rovers - so I couldn't theoretically cancel it if I wanted according to their rules - However I do feel it is positive step and welcome the change

However - I should point out that you need to give them 3 weeks notice - I didn't get 3 weeks notice from Rangers that I was being allocated a ticket for Albion Rovers - so I couldn't theoretically cancel it if I wanted according to their rules - However I do feel it is positive step and welcome the change

Never saw that upon first read, when do we ever have 3 weeks notice? I guess you would have to assume you were getting a ticket for a game and just email them to say not to be considered for a game beforehand? If something came up less than 3 weeks before a game then you are back to being screwed