The club is completely rudderless at the moment and, whatever qualities Walter may have, strong business leadership is not one of them.

Personally, I think that we are in the grip of chancers who see the club as an opportunity for profit and/or self-promotion.

Smith and Malcom Murray are/were not strong or streetwise enough to avoid being outflanked and I trust Stockbridge as far as I trust Green as far as I trust the Easdales.

Paul Murray's heart is in the right place (as was MM) but that is not enough.

What is needed is an experienced leader, with a strong record of growing his business in competitive markets and doing so without a whiff of scandal or suggestion of impropriety. A lifelong affection for the club is also, at this time, essential.

McColl doesn't need or seek the profile, nor is he looking to profit personally. Not one of the recent carpetbaggers can say that.

He has been associated with bids before but never took it the distance. At this stage, I don't care why.

If he has any affection for the club, he must realise that the number of potential saviours is very limited - now is the time for him to grasp this mess by the neck and sort it out.

Assess the wreckage, appoint trusted lieutenants (perhaps seconded short-term from within his own staff), establish a rigorous fiscal model and monitor it closely, with a view to gradually stepping back as order is restored.

He is needed because he cares for the club.

He is needed because he woud be acting for us not himself.

He is needed because of his credibility.

He is needed because we need to start running a business and not just a football club.

Time to step up, Jim.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was enough for me. If you actually believe that then I have a big bridge which runs across the River Clyde that I could let you purchase at a reasonable price.

Totally agree with all of the above. I know McColl, Murray and Park all dilly dallied about last year with 'bids' of sorts but we need Rangers men at the helm. You can add Dave King to the list too. There are too many 'non rangers' figures with their claws dug into us and are not prepared to let go until they've had their pound of flesh.

The club is completely rudderless at the moment and, whatever qualities Walter may have, strong business leadership is not one of them.

Personally, I think that we are in the grip of chancers who see the club as an opportunity for profit and/or self-promotion.

Smith and Malcom Murray are/were not strong or streetwise enough to avoid being outflanked and I trust Stockbridge as far as I trust Green as far as I trust the Easdales.

What is needed is an experienced leader, with a strong record of growing his business in competitive markets and doing so without a whiff of scandal or suggestion of impropriety. A lifelong affection for the club is also, at this time, essential.

McColl doesn't need or seek the profile, nor is he looking to profit personally. Not one of the recent carpetbaggers can say that.

He has been associated with bids before but never took it the distance. At this stage, I don't care why.

If he has any affection for the club, he must realise that the number of potential saviours is very limited - now is the time for him to grasp this mess by the neck and sort it out.

Assess the wreckage, appoint trusted lieutenants (perhaps seconded short-term from within his own staff), establish a rigorous fiscal model and monitor it closely, with a view to gradually stepping back as order is restored.

He is needed because he cares for the club.

He is needed because he woud be acting for us not himself.

He is needed because of his credibility.

He is needed because we need to start running a business and not just a football club.

Time to step up, Jim.

1) You're having a feckin laugh. :cgreen:

2) He is a Thistle supporter if anything. :cgreen:

3) He is not putting his hand in his pocket which has been made clear. :cgreen:

What makes now any different to the numerous chances he has had already?

Because the second chance we had has been thrown away - we were always going to stump up once a new owner was in place - but most of that money has gone.

In some ways, our position is more perilous now than ever.

Well that was enough for me. If you actually believe that then I have a big bridge which runs across the River Clyde that I could let you purchase at a reasonable price.

Are you saying Murray DOESN'T want Rangers to prosper?

Can you explain that, please?

Totally agree with all of the above. I know McColl, Murray and Park all dilly dallied about last year with 'bids' of sorts but we need Rangers men at the helm. You can add Dave King to the list too. There are too many 'non rangers' figures with their claws dug into us and are not prepared to let go until they've had their pound of flesh.

What the men who actually invested in the club????

While you have "Rangers men" who want in without forking out to do it or who sat by while we were in serious shit, out with Kibg (due to his SA tax issues) these other "Rangers men" have had ample opportunity to take control instead fuck about on the peripherals.

3) He is not putting his hand in his pocket which has been made clear

so who is then?

Two guesses who mini will expect to finance his attempt at stealing the club again, one of the guesses isn't him, you know what and who that leaves when the begging bowl gets rattled.

Because the second chance we had has been thrown away - we were always going to stump up once a new owner was in place - but most of that money has gone.

In some ways, our position is more perilous now than ever.

We have thrown it away, you know this to be true in what way?

And why wait,why let Rangers fans who live on nominal salaries dig deep and make millions for the club when you can save it in one go that makes no sense at all.

What the men who actually invested in the club????

While you have "Rangers men" who want in without forking out to do it or who sat by while we were in serious shit, out with Kibg (due to his SA tax issues) these other "Rangers men" have had ample opportunity to take control instead fuck about on the peripherals.

Simple question:

Would you rather have a wealthy Rangers supporter just buying shares (not a gift, remember, but a purchase of shares) or would you rather have an experienced, successful businessman LEAD and direct the club like a proper business?

I'd take McColl as chairman if he. Didn't put a penny in.

It is about direction and control at this stage. No point pouring into the bucket till we know where the holes are and fix them.

I find it hard to back these people like McColl when they dont sppear to have put a single penny into rangers.

I would like Dave King appointed to the Rangers board as he was only guy to put hard cash into club and lost his shareholding.

it would maybe entice him to reinvest in Rangers in future.

the rest im sorry its a no no

i tend to think we goin forward need to start trusting people and Green hasnt done anything in my eyes not to trust him

Simple question:

Would you rather have a wealthy Rangers supporter just buying shares (not a gift, remember, but a purchase of shares) or would you rather have an experienced, successful businessman LEAD and direct the club like a proper business?

I'd take McColl as chairman if he. Didn't put a penny in.

It is about direction and control at this stage. No point pouring into the bucket till we know where the holes are and fix them.

The very easy answer is that I want the right men to take the club forward, however McColl COULD have given himself this position right at the start.

Now simple question for you.

Do you believe it is right for those who invested in the club to not have an interest and what right do those who have stood by and watched have to just walk in to the club?

Now I'm neither pro one or the other I am pro-Rangers and all I want is the right people but rather than just doing nothing people should PROVE that they will take our club forward not just sneak in after the event.

Angry.

None of these so called Rangers men wanted to part with money when there was the risk of the tax case going against us. I can understand that, but stand up and be honest about it. People are remarkable when it comes to understanding past foibles. But to say nothing, then skulk about in the background causing trouble, yeah that's a plan.

Dilly Dallied about?? You're having a laugh. That's like saying 'Idi Amin was a bit unkind to Asians'.

They failed to step up when needed.

They let Green get handle the liquidation.

They failed to invest.

They are not Rangers Men and I wish people would stop referring to them as such. What they are are opportunistic business men trying to get controlling rights in Rangers Football through the cheapest route possible.

Neil Lennon is more of a 'Rangers man'.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

No businessman made millions by being charitable.

They will want a good salary, shares in the club and other perks.

The thing is to get the best man regardless of what team he supports.

If he is a good businessman he know how to turn a profit by making the company better.

So who is the best man for the job?

Who wants the job?

What cuts will have to be made?

Dilly Dallied about?? You're having a laugh. That's like saying 'Idi Amin was a bit unkind to Asians'.

They failed to step up when needed.

They let Green get handle the liquidation.

They failed to invest.

They are not Rangers Men and I wish people would stop referring to them as such. What they are are opportunistic business men trying to get controlling rights in Rangers Football through the cheapest route possible.

Neil Lennon is more of a 'Rangers man'.

Ouch!

Harsh, but I know what you mean