Qatar 2022 - Biggest World Cup disaster of all time and it hasn't started yet.

Raligt

If they switch this to the winter months think of the madness that would cause in domestic football. The associations should chip in for climate control for stadiums in Qatar. UEFA would possibly be willing to invest also given the disruption it would cause to the Champions League and Europa League. Wouldnt that be the best way around it? Or have associations given enough to Qatar already if you know what I mean nudge nudge wink wink...

What about fans having to walk about in it? The actual matches is only one element.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about fans having to walk about in it? The actual matches is only one element.

I doubt they'll care too much about fans outside of the stadium other than safety measures to prevent violence. Whether they are too hot or too cold would be down to the individual to sort out themselves I reckon.

The whole thing is a farce. There's still time to do the right thing and switch it to a different country but it wont happen.

ps, I'm maybe a bit biased as I know England have absolutely no chance of winning a tournament in a country like Qatar... We need somewhere like Germany, Italy, France etc where the conditions are similar.

The players should be fine due to the air conditioned stadiums and being put up in 5 star hotels for the duration of the tournement. It's the fans who'll suffer most, having to cope in 40+ degree heat in an alcohol free, sexist and homophobic country.

But when have Fifa ever cared about the fans?

It will be funny, tournament sponsored by busdwieser, which NO ONE can drink.

Idiots.

Corruption at it's finest.

Corruption at it's finest.

Bang on mate,corruption is THE word here.You would not believe the corruption that goes on INSIDE FIFA.I tend to keep tabs on the whole aspect of world football,and like our predicament ,the sport is awash with the GREED IS GOOD,brigade.You would not believe the untouchables inside this organization.

That was the biggest fix I have ever seen in almost 60 years of watching football. If they had followed the criteria then Australia or the USA should have been the nation to get it.

I was absolutely devastated when I watched that envelope opened and the name of Qatar came out. The people who voted for this should hang their heads in shame.

Sorry got to disagree mate,why should the U.S.A even have the chance of a second event when in reality it is not their chosen? sport.In reflection of your point about Australia you have my sympathy.To have it in Qatar is nothing short of shamefull,but you know like I do its all about the GREED IS GOOD brigade ,fck Bin Hamman,Blazer,Warner etc. are the biggest crooks,and have been outed with even BIGGER crooks.Football is secondary to these guys.Blatter is so unbelievably protected its not real.The only ones that question this flanneler are the ostratised English F.A.,For England to hold the event ONCE,and remember it was nearly 50 years ago,tells you something.Tell me a country that is more prepared?.Iknow its all about making it to different continents,but ffs

Sorry got to disagree mate,why should the U.S.A even have the chance of a second event when in reality it is not their chosen? sport.In reflection of your point about Australia you have my sympathy.To have it in Qatar is nothing short of shamefull,but you know like I do its all about the GREED IS GOOD brigade ,fck Bin Hamman,Blazer,Warner etc. are the biggest crooks,and have been outed with even BIGGER crooks.Football is secondary to these guys.Blatter is so unbelievably protected its not real.The only ones that question this flanneler are the ostratised English F.A.,For England to hold the event ONCE,and remember it was nearly 50 years ago,tells you something.Tell me a country that is more prepared?.Iknow its all about making it to different continents,but ffs

I was only making a theoretical point about the USA getting it before Qatar,not that they should have got it on merit. Japan were never going to get it so Australia really should have got it under the terms of the bidding process. Blatter and FIFA are corrupt to the bone and have admitted that Qatar was chosen because of political involvement. This is coming from the same organisation that will ban countries from playing football if there is any Government intervention in the national teams......fucking hypocritical bastards

I was only making a theoretical point about the USA getting it before Qatar,not that they should have got it on merit. Japan were never going to get it so Australia really should have got it under the terms of the bidding process. Blatter and FIFA are corrupt to the bone and have admitted that Qatar was chosen because of political involvement. This is coming from the same organisation that will ban countries from playing football if there is any Government intervention in the national teams......fucking hypocritical bastards

Keep on tabs with the corruption through my World Soccer magazine.Unbelievable what they get away with.Corrupt to the bone.Did you know that NO ONE knows Blatters salary...corruption at its finest...