The Rangers Takeover - Will the truth ever come out?

Ger77

I don't think he's committed fraud either. Fraud is using someone else's name, as far as I know, he used his own name.

he forged rangers documents before he was chairmen so he could sell season tickets he didn't own to raise the capital to by the company he had just stole from, allegedly .

I know the difference. Folk seem to think Whyte will go to jail, at worst he will get cited to a civil court (which you don't have to legally attend in Scotland) and be ordered to pay back money, which legally, nothing will happen to him if he doesn't pay it.

He may or may not go to jail but topic is "will the truth come out" - that's all we want to know ffs!

I can't believe that so called rangers fans on this site would almost defend whyte. The police wouldn't have launched an investigation if they didn't think a crime was committed. So let them investigate fully and, along with the PF, they will let us know their findings. IMO the real focus should be on HMRC liquidating us by using a calculation that included the EBT money they were insistent we owed but before the appeal was heard. SIGN THE PETITION!!!!

That's known as defrauding, not fraud. One is a criminal offence (fraud) the other is a civil matter.

Sigh

In criminal law, fraud is intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent, and verb is defraud. Fraud is a crime and a civil tort at common law, though the specific criminal law definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud.