Spivs, respect and necessary change in the online Rangers community.

Zappa

The article by Zappa (above), and the article by D'Artagnan that he refers to, are excellent observations on the parlous state of our support - whether 'on line' or 'off line'.

Speaking to supporters on line, at meetings, at the games and elsewhere, the message is essentially the same - who can we trust?

The inescapable fact is that most fans are totally bewildered by all of this in-fighting, and the constant charge and counter-charge that ineitably attends the public 'interchanges' that charactrerises these squabbles.

Not one of the protagonists has overed himself with glory, indeed, it's difficult not to conclude that they have caused greater division in the support and alienated the very people they should be relying on.

Whilst I fully realise that it's wishful thinking, I wish that every last one of them would disappear into the mists of time, so that we could start afresh.

Having said that, the expletives, the abuse and the vitriol aimed at ALL of the protagionists in this sorry saga is totally indefensible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anybody expect a support, the size of ours, to be 100% united? People having different opinions is a way of life! Nothing will ever change that! When it comes to our club, what I believe is right might not be what you believe is right.. Doesn't mean either opinion is wrong though! As fans, supporting the team is the only thing every Rangers fan can agree on!

We'll never be 100% unified Scotty, but if we could at least find some common ground on the subject of being abusive to each other, it might be a start! :)

Another blog which calls for resepect but only for minico, its no good writing articles like this unless you are going to be impartial and treat everbody equally, yes some of the terms used by both sides in this civil war is wrong and out of order and everybody should think before they post, tweet, facebook, comment or whatever lets not pretend this abuse is only one way though because its clearly not, ive seen Craig Mather refered to as a cunt the Easdales called drug dealers and gangsters, Stockbridge called a cunt too, Pretty much everybody whos involved on both sides has been called names, and i admit I've done it too, a bit of tolerance from all would not go amiss.

Another blog which calls for resepect but only for minico, its no good writing articles like this unless you are going to be impartial and treat everbody equally, yes some of the terms used by both sides in this civil war is wrong and out of order and everybody should think before they post, tweet, facebook, comment or whatever lets not pretend this abuse is only one way though because its clearly not, ive seen Craig Mather refered to as a cunt the Easdales called drug dealers and gangsters, Stockbridge called a cunt too, Pretty much everybody whos involved on both sides has been called names, and i admit I've done it too, a bit of tolerance from all would not go amiss.

D'Artangan had his post on the subject removed by FF.

The main point was just that we should maybe look at our use of abusive language, but fair comment as it's all about opinions! (tu)

The article by Zappa (above), and the article by D'Artagnan that he refers to, are excellent observations on the parlous state of our support - whether 'on line' or 'off line'.

Speaking to supporters on line, at meetings, at the games and elsewhere, the message is essentially the same - who can we trust?

The inescapable fact is that most fans are totally bewildered by all of this in-fighting, and the constant charge and counter-charge that ineitably attends the public 'interchanges' that charactrerises these squabbles.

Not one of the protagonists has overed himself with glory, indeed, it's difficult not to conclude that they have caused greater division in the support and alienated the very people they should be relying on.

Whilst I fully realise that it's wishful thinking, I wish that every last one of them would disappear into the mists of time, so that we could start afresh.

Having said that, the expletives, the abuse and the vitriol aimed at ALL of the protagionists in this sorry saga is totally indefensible.

My way of thinkiing exactly..........