A clean slate

BigChap

After reading the Walter Smith interview I thought I'd give my opinions.

We need a clean sweep of the board, get anyone with an axe to grind or a personal agenda, and there are plenty of them, to buggery, Smith going to the media doesn't help, sorry but he's another "old boy" with fingers in pies and I'm sick of it all.

Every other day we have some bloke in a Rangers blazer or tie giving his two pence worth and frankly, and I know this won't be popular, they can all do one. Smith is worth millions, where was his money when we were going down the pan? None of our former players who are also millionaires put their hands in their pockets to save us from our recent humiliations yet they seem to think that their opinions matter and are happy to take a few quid from one of our awful newspapers to spew their nonsense.

The same names keep getting banded about but if they weren't around when things went pear shaped they ain't going to be around now, unless they too can make a quick buck out of our great club.

Let me ask you this; If you won the lottery, say 10 million quid, would you invest in Rangers? I think most people on here would do something to help not just run to the Daily Record or Herald and say how much you love the club and that you want to be involved.

Personally I'm hoping that we can eventually get new owners and a new board made up from a few wealthy business types and fan representation that actually wields a little bit of power so we can move on, creating a lasting business plan with a good team, good training facilities and a bank account which stays within the limits of normality.

Does anybody on here reading this now not just wish that we could open the papers and only see stories about Rangers the football team and not Rangers the soap opera? Well maybe the odd player shagging his mates wife or punching a ned outside a bar but that's all part of the fun of football.

Let's stop giving the obsessed something to talk about other than the amount of goals we score and how good looking our fans are.

Can't really disagree with the OP. The point about Smith and the rest of the ex players is a great one, they're all happy to tell everyone they're Rangers through and through but I doubt many of them contributed much towards the RFFF or the club when it was at it's weakest.

Sadly there's too many supporters out there who can't see past the hall of game status for some that deserve criticism at times.

I agree with 1st Jan, I am happy to give them a chance until someone can give me facts and proof they are not the people to move us forward, afterall a lot wanted Ally out when most said give him a season without all the usual shit, maybe the board deserve the same

I agree with 1st Jan, I am happy to give them a chance until someone can give me facts and proof they are not the people to move us forward, afterall a lot wanted Ally out when most said give him a season without all the usual shit, maybe the board deserve the same

This !!

The last thing we need is a new board making new mistakes. This board (for the most part) have seen us through our darkest days and deserve the time to make a go of it.

Others would promise the earth and jump on the bandwagon now the hard work has been done.

We don't need that.

Nonsense. We scrap the current board, get a new one, and say for arguments sake Paul Murray still doesn't get on board, he will then go about with an ace to grind again. Then what? Scrap it and start it again?

Do we just keep scrapping and starting again until people stop running to papers with lies and scaremongering? in other words, do we just keep scrapping and starting again until Mini gets his suit n' tie back?

Point blank propaganda which we should not fall victim to.

I get the feeling the main reason Walter walked out was because he realised he was there as a gesture and had no power or influence over what was going on.

He was supposed to be in there as a canary. As long as he was there, everything was OK.

However, when he left, it just brought further confusion.

Nonsense. We scrap the current board, get a new one, and say for arguments sake Paul Murray still doesn't get on board, he will then go about with an ace to grind again. Then what? Scrap it and start it again?

Do we just keep scrapping and starting again until people stop running to papers with lies and scaremongering? in other words, do we just keep scrapping and starting again until Mini gets his suit n' tie back?

Point blank propaganda which we should not fall victim to.

I don't really understand what you're implying? That I'm writing propaganda? For who? I'm a nurse working for GG&C with no affiliation to anyone other than my friends and family the majority of whom are die hard Rangers and are sick of seeing our club turn into a fucking circus.

I'm not asking everyone to agree with me but saying this isn't fair.

I don't really understand what you're implying? That I'm writing propaganda? For who? I'm a nurse working for GG&C with no affiliation to anyone other than my friends and family the majority of whom are die hard Rangers and are sick of seeing our club turn into a fucking circus.

I'm not asking everyone to agree with me but saying this isn't fair.

I think to be fair I don't think he was referring to you personally or your post, I think he was aiming at the papers etc PM and crew with there agendas and propaganda's .

I think to be fair I don't think he was referring to you personally or your post, I think he was aiming at the papers etc PM and crew with there agendas and propaganda's .

This. Sorry I never made that clear. The point I'm making is we can't start all over because of all the bad press, otherwise anytime somebody new wanted in, all they had to do was kick up a fuss, spread some lies and unsettle the fans via a few statements and interviews. That's the propaganda I'm referring to and that's what Paul Murray and co have been doing.

This. Sorry I never made that clear. The point I'm making is we can't start all over because of all the bad press, otherwise anytime somebody new wanted in, all they had to do was kick up a fuss, spread some lies and unsettle the fans via a few statements and interviews. That's the propaganda I'm referring to and that's what Paul Murray and co have been doing.

Fair enough.