Consistency!

RockwellGers

In terms of results we've been very consistent overall, almost perfect. In terms of performance, I seem to remember us having our best run right at the start of the season, and it's been hot and cold since.

I reckon it's only once every 4 or 5 games where I come away feeling like we are turning into a really good football side, and in between I feel like we see snippets of that side we wish to become. That's obviously not enough. I enjoyed how we played today but I admit I kind of don't expect us to be as good in the next game given our levels of consistency so far. At the same time I am optimistic that our levels of consistency will rise steadily to match the results.

I know not everyone agrees that we were good today (I only saw the 2nd half myself), in my opinion the 2nd half was very good. Not perfect, but definitely good enough for me to judge that on our day we can pass the ball well, I REALLY want to see this on a regular basis, because from there it will only improve.

IF we start seeing performances like this more and more often (again, optimism here), I think it will inject some more positivity into the support, and as i said earlier today, we already have a winning mentality (don't see how anyone can deny this).

CONSISTENCY PLEASE!

Dont think it too much too expect this improved level of performance and consistency you talk of.

For me, we should be bursting outthe traps looking for the early goal. This would lead to greater confidence for us, opposition having to open up and come at us, and i reckon improved results and displays would soon follow.

Dont think it too much too expect this improved level of performance and consistency you talk of.

For me, we should be bursting outthe traps looking for the early goal. This would lead to greater confidence for us, opposition having to open up and come at us, and i reckon improved results and displays would soon follow.

I seem to remember we've had games this season when we've got the early goal, and really not gone on to dominate as we should. But if it becomes a regular thing, we can get more used to controlling the game from the off and attacking/expressing ourselves as we should

I do worry about our reliance on the second 45 to do all the scoring because there will (hopefully) come a time in the Scottish Cup where we'll be playing against opposition who aren't part timers and who will have the fitness to challenge us for the full '90. When we're at our best then we dictate play throughout the match and we really should step it up against these League 1 teams in preparation for tougher challenges ahead. Overall I'm certainly not complaining though, it's lightyears ahead of last season!