Are you currently travelling at 107,218 km/h?

CSta

Taking distances, Aphelion, Perihelion, Semi-major axis, Semi-minor axis, Orbital circumference, and Orbital eccentricity, Sidereal orbit period, Synodic period, Max. orbital speed, Average orbital speed, Min. orbital speed, Orbital inclination to ecliptic (to sun's equator), Longitude of the ascending node and Argument of the perihelion of earth into account, discuss topic title.

:)

Speeds are all relative of course :rolleyes: .

It is true though that summer in southern hemisphere is slightly shorter but slightly warmer than it is oop north because the earth is coming closest to the sun just now B)

I was hoping someone on here would be able to come up with some sort of reasonable answer. Yeah, relativity.... when i think about all this i cannot help but open up a can of unanswerable questions.... quite depressing really, wish i could be more like Jadams and only care about what happens on earth. -_-

Yoo!Me?Whit?Aye!

Is this something to do with the wonder that is physics?

nah, we're discussing the drying speeds of rival nail polish brands.

Heeeeey, I'm not as blonde as I seem :P

OK then, whats the diffrence between the Sidereal orbit period and Synodic period?

Yoo!Me?Whit?Aye!

OK then, whats the diffrence between the Sidereal orbit period and Synodic period?

Cmon im only in 3rd year!

Ok the orbit is the distance around a solestrial body(?) while the period is the time it takes(?)

*crosses fingers* ;)

Yoo!Me?Whit?Aye!

Ok the orbit is the distance around a solestrial body(?) while the period is the time it takes(?)

*crosses fingers* ;)

um.... good enough for 3rd year, even WITH the use of google/wikipedia!! :lol: `

Yoo!Me?Whit?Aye!

*crosses fingers* ;)

um.... good enough for 3rd year, even WITH the use of google/wikipedia!! :lol: `

I never used google or that just thank my Physics teacher for half teaching us about geostationary satellites and stuff :)

:pipe:

Speeds are all relative of course  :rolleyes: .

It is true though that summer in southern hemisphere is slightly shorter but slightly warmer than it is oop north because the earth is coming closest to the sun just now  B)

I was hoping someone on here would be able to come up with some sort of reasonable answer. Yeah, relativity.... when i think about all this i cannot help but open up a can of unanswerable questions.... quite depressing really, wish i could be more like Jadams and only care about what happens on earth. -_-

To get a reasonable answer you first must have a reasonable question ;).