If we had won the Ramsdens...

corkinator

How much do you reckon we'd have got for Naismith, Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Lafferty, when added to the Jelavic money?

Including Jela - would've been disappointed not to clear £18m (£5.5m Jela, £3m min for the first 3, &2m for the second 2).

May have been a bit less if we'd got shot of them in the Jan window, then again, flogging those all at once would have screamed 'fire sale' so we may have had to accept less.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Including Jela - would've been disappointed not to clear £18m (£5.5m Jela, £3m min for the first 3, &2m for the second 2).

May have been a bit less if we'd got shot of them in the Jan window, then again, flogging those all at once would have screamed 'fire sale' so we may have had to accept less.

So we could have comfortably avoided admin and more just by shifting our top 5 players, but chose not to?

TBH whilst not being a fan of Ally the manager, it's harsh to blame him for admin and even to an extent the team and tactics now. The simple fact is he was never ready for this job, and if blame for that is to be given then it's Bain and Smith that should get it.

So we could have comfortably avoided admin and more just by shifting our top 5 players, but chose not to?

Not sure what message selling all our key players would have sent - may have seem him lynched quicker than he has been!

Especially as it appears that there must have been a lack of confidence within the club that the BTC would find on our favour, meaning that they saw admin as a matter of when, not if.

All I would say is that, with CL cash available or in the background, he MAY have kept HMRC up to date, and off our backs, or he could have shown himself up to be a bigger crook than he already has.

As it's well documented that he hadn't a pot to piss in (not that was coming our way, at least), not getting the CL money removed his only chance to do things right.

Godfather nailed it.

David Bastard Murray kicked all this off, I think qualifying for the Champion's League would have delayed the inevitable.

You're right re Murray - it would only have become inevitable, though, if the BTC had found against us.

TBH whilst not being a fan of Ally the manager, it's harsh to blame him for admin and even to an extent the team and tactics now. The simple fact is he was never ready for this job, and if blame for that is to be given then it's Bain and Smith that should get it.

its been bugging me for years though, I genuinely put a good portion of blame on his shoulders, I guess it's because i didn't know many folk who wanted him as manager due to the previous season cup escapades. Its unfortunate that we've been proven right, oh an BP9 FUCK OFF!