Mark Warburton Interview

Bear cub1

Focused, driven, enthusiastic and articulate.

I was already impressed with what I had heard about Warburton beforehand but listening to the man talk really does excite me for the future of our club!

It's easy for people to say the right things in interviews but I actually believe what he is saying and think he can implement his ideas in the club!

Impressed!

Focused, driven, enthusiastic and articulate.

I was already impressed with what I had heard about Warburton beforehand but listening to the man talk really does excite me for the future of our club!

It's easy for people to say the right things in interviews but I actually believe what he is saying and think he can implement his ideas in the club!

Impressed!

(tu) He genuinely sounds like he knows his stuff, I am really confident that he is the man to take us back to the very top and not just short term but long term.

Wee snipit from SSN.

What will Warburton bring?

An insight into the man charged with taking Rangers to the Scottish Premiership alongside his assistant David Weir.

Last Updated: 15/06/15 16:00

Mark Warburton has signed a three-year deal as Rangers manager

After Rangers confirm Mark Warburton as their new manager, Sky Sports journalist Lyall Thomas, who has reported on Brentford for several years, gives an insight into what the 52-year-old will bring to the club

Less than a month after leaving Brentford, Mark Warburton and David Weir have taken over at Ibrox, tasked with taking the club to the Scottish Premiership, but they walk into what is still a deeply troubled club financially and a momentous challenge to win promotion in their first season.

'Football environment'

The first and most imperative thing Warburton and Weir will be concentrating on is setting up a training and playing environment designed to develop and nurture players, as well as protect them from any outside distractions something that will be key at a club that still has a long way to go to reach stability.

As Brentfords sporting director, Warburton led the way in creating a high-quality infrastructure devoted to a players needs. He meticulously works out training regimes designed for the individual as well as the team, keeping everyday work fresh and interesting. Cutting edge theories and practises in sports science will also be central to the players daily regimes across training and matches.

As much as budget allows, Warburtons Rangers team will be surveyed by the latest analysis software and the best in medical practice for recovery and rehabilitation. Every player will have access to his own personal stats, on demand, and encouraged to take interest in the nitty-gritty details.

'Contacts'

Warburton was regarded as one of the best academy coaches around long before he took over as Brentford manager in December 2013. He is from the same school of thought as Brendan Rodgers, Sean Dyche, Malky Mackay and Aidy Boothroyd, all of whom he worked with in a four-year spell at Watford and remain his close friends.

Warburtons work as a youth coach and the co-founder of the NextGen youth tournament has given him a vast knowledge of the UKs best young players and strong contacts at some of the best youth academies, including Southampton, Arsenal, Tottenham and Weirs former club Everton.

With such a tight budget on which to work, Warburton will look to use every iota of his astute knowledge and connections to utilise the loan and youth loan markets as he constructs his squad for the new season.

'Man-management skills'

Perhaps Warburtons biggest asset is his man management skills he is brilliant at it. His most commendable quality is his honesty and it is this that resonates with players. This integrity commands a high level of natural respect from even the most challenging of personalities.

Warburton honed and perfected these skills in his business background, working as a City trader, and then at Watford and Brentford. He is able to relate to individuals from many backgrounds, whether from a far corner of Europe or the local housing estate. As long as a player does not give up on the fight for a place in the first team, he will not give up on them.

His handling of Andre Gray, for example, is testament to this. Gray arrived at Brentford from non-league Luton and was miles behind the pace. Through careful man-management and consistent injections of confidence and belief, Gray finished the season with 16 goals in his first Championship season and a host of Premier League clubs checking him out.

(tu) He genuinely sounds like he knows his stuff, I am really confident that he is the man to take us back to the very top and not just short term but long term.

He is the breath of fresh air that we have needed since Advocaat was manager.

We won trophies under McLeish and Smith but the football philosophy was all short term and centred on the first teams next match.

PLG and McCoist were disastrous tenures, not only as the first team underperformed and didn't develop, but also as the football structure from youth to first team was ignored.

If Warburton delivers he could set us up as a proper football club cor years to come.

The support must be patient and give him the required time to right all of the previous poor decisions and ignorance.