Rangers Tv

jfergie91

Was looking at buying the rangers tv package for a fiver a month. Does anyone use this and if so is it any good?

I buy per game as I live overseas.

What I want to know is who commentates the games on RTV, particularly who it was that did the OF game last season???

I buy per game as I live overseas.

What I want to know is who commentates the games on RTV, particularly who it was that did the OF game last season???

Derek Johnstone and Tom Miller are the usual commentators.

Tom Miller is the commentator. DJ is the guest commentator.

Lots of people on here give Tom Miller a hard time. I think he does a good job. DJ on the other hand. :(

Yea I know who does what. :P Tom Miller has been a Rangers man for almost as long as I have and he is one of the good guys from Coatbridge ( he stayed next to my Uncle John when he was a kid) and I know he gets a lot of stick with his style of commentary, but to me it's different and I'd rather have him than some of the "professional commentators" on the Telly who make me wonder if they are watching the same game as me.

The less said about DJ the better as he is at time insufferable to listen to in the early hours of the morning when we get the majority of Rangers games. Try listening to DJ waffle on at 4.00 am and see what torture really means. :anguish:

Yea I know who does what. :P Tom Miller has been a Rangers man for almost as long as I have and he is one of the good guys from Coatbridge ( he stayed next to my Uncle John when he was a kid) and I know he gets a lot of stick with his style of commentary, but to me it's different and I'd rather have him than some of the "professional commentators" on the Telly who make me wonder if they are watching the same game as me.

The less said about DJ the better as he is at time insufferable to listen to in the early hours of the morning when we get the majority of Rangers games. Try listening to DJ waffle on at 4.00 am and see what torture really means. :anguish:

I know you do mate. But you should never have listed DJ first! :P

Other than that, 100% agree with every word.

PS - Bring back Lindsay Herron!!!

If you canny make games and its no on TV it is invaluable as you get the full 90 minute replay. Rest of the content is ok.

DJ is cringe worthy at times.

Certainly worth the £5/month

Plus every game played in the last 4 Years is available in full. (tu)

I know you do mate. But you should never have listed DJ first! :P

Other than that, 100% agree with every word.

PS - Bring back Lindsay Herron!!!

FFS,mate! I live in Australia and we live upside down, back to front, inside out, so it's logical DJ gets first mention :D I liked Lindsay Herron when he was on RTV and I'd be happy to see him back...in fact I'd cream myself if we ever got Lindsey Archibald back again :hump:

FFS,mate! I live in Australia and we live upside down, back to front, inside out, so it's logical DJ gets first mention :D I liked Lindsay Herron when he was on RTV and I'd be happy to see him back...in fact I'd cream myself if we ever got Lindsey Archibald back again :hump:

Just be careful you get the right Lindsey. :D

lindsey-archibald.jpg

LindsayHerron_Headshot.jpg

I enrolled in RTV when it became clear that I would not be going to any away matches while we were in the lower divisions, this along with me cancelling my SKY package which was more per month than RTV per year, and it is great to get the games you would otherwise miss, plus the added bonus of reviewing any home games that I had been to, to see if I had missed something or was not sure I had actually witnessed what I had seen on the park. :D

Plus all the pre / post match interviews, press conferences, news available, keeps you well up to date on all things pertinent to The Rangers.

Plus I know my small annual subscription is not going outside the Club's jurisdiction and will help to keep the Blue pound where it will be of benefit to us, and not lost to outsiders, with no affiliation to The Rangers.

Tom Miller is a very enthusiastic commentator, as you would expect from any good Bluenose, Big DJ can be a wee bit too much at times, but his heart is in the right place, as his head often was, when scoring and securing another victory for us in his playing days, so can be forgiven.

All in all RTV would be a great addition for any Rangers supporter, as it is really our own and may be included as a part of any package a person chooses to show their support.

:uk:

I enrolled in RTV when it became clear that I would not be going to any away matches while we were in the lower divisions, this along with me cancelling my SKY package which was more per month than RTV per year, and it is great to get the games you would otherwise miss, plus the added bonus of reviewing any home games that I had been to, to see if I had missed something or was not sure I had actually witnessed what I had seen on the park. :D

Plus all the pre / post match interviews, press conferences, news available, keeps you well up to date on all things pertinent to The Rangers.

Plus I know my small annual subscription is not going outside the Club's jurisdiction and will help to keep the Blue pound where it will be of benefit to us, and not lost to outsiders, with no affiliation to The Rangers.

Tom Miller is a very enthusiastic commentator, as you would expect from any good Bluenose, Big DJ can be a wee bit too much at times, but his heart is in the right place, as his head often was, when scoring and securing another victory for us in his playing days, so can be forgiven.

All in all RTV would be a great addition for any Rangers supporter, as it is really our own and may be included as a part of any package a person chooses to show their support.

Also the "alternative" streams do my head in with the number of viruses and malware they download onto your computer.

Also the "alternative" streams do my head in with the number of viruses and malware they download onto your computer.

Agreed Cstamomusa, though I never tried the "alternatives", as I was always unsure of these issues so never entertained them, but as you say it's another good reason to enrol in RTV for the obvious benefits. (tu)

Good review. (tu) Don't forget all the archive material stuff, like the 9 in a row series, the McLeish documentaries, the European Adventures etc.

And yeah you're right about DJ - his heart's in the right place - if only we could put his gob there too! :P

Good review. (tu) Don't forget all the archive material stuff, like the 9 in a row series, the McLeish documentaries, the European Adventures etc.

And yeah you're right about DJ - his heart's in the right place - if only we could put his gob there too! :P

Cheers GB, yet again another benefit of RTV, I knew I had forgotten something, the archives are top class mate. What an amazing history we have.

One thing though, with all this talk of "Benefits", I hope we don't attract the attention of Mr Osborne at number 11, as he is liable to try and cut them back, or maybe he is a subscriber also, and he realises that you can actually allow more benefits to bring people (Who We Are) more pleasure, for not a lot of money, and curtail his cut backs. :lol: