• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been watching him on utube, rangers videos lately, how do you fellow bears rate him,,,personally he is one of my fav players

Superb player and great attitude, but he must have had the worst shot ever, dont know how many fans duckin for cover at keast 5 times a game. The word legend gets used too easy in modern day football and Fergie fall into that bracket. Great servant Mr reliable to give 100% Could play a bit and was a true blue but just fell short of legend status. This isnt a slight on him as he is one if my all time favourite Rangers players.

Greig Cooper and McPhail were legends.

loved him when we played them

He hated them. I remember one game when the teams ran out and he ran about bursting all the green balloons while letting the red, white and blue ones go by.

Wasn't given the credit for the job he did in the team but was as important as any during his time.

Superb player and great attitude, but he must have had the worst shot ever, dont know how many fans duckin for cover at keast 5 times a game. The word legend gets used too easy in modern day football and Fergie fall into that bracket. Great servant Mr reliable to give 100% Could play a bit and was a true blue but just fell short of legend status. This isnt a slight on him as he is one if my all time favourite Rangers players.

Greig Cooper and McPhail were legends.

Wit?!!

Over 350 appearances for us, 12 years of service, TEN LEAGUE TITLES, numerous cups.

Of course he's a fucking legend. What a ridiculous thing to say. He's more of a legend than Laudrup and Gascoigne FFS!

Finest memory of him was leading a huddle when we won the league at the paedodome after di fanio had scuttled up the tunnel.

Scored some belters with that right foot cannon, remember one against the taigs that was going in off the keeper and McCoist, typically, claimed it

Wit?!!

Over 350 appearances for us, 12 years of service, TEN LEAGUE TITLES, numerous cups.

Of course he's a fucking legend. What a ridiculous thing to say. He's more of a legend than Laudrup and Gascoigne FFS!

That's why I never mentioned them , Greig Cooper McPhail Baxter are real legends, as I said Fergie is one of my all time favourite players but legend no. Legend is used to easy now a days. People call JohniBrown a club legend ffs, he was a good servant great player yes but not a legend, if he is a legend what does that make Mr Greig ?

I don't think you are getting my point.

Finest memory of him was leading a huddle when we won the league at the paedodome after di fanio had scuttled up the tunnel.

Scored some belters with that right foot cannon, remember one against the taigs that was going in off the keeper and McCoist, typically, claimed it

di canio had left the dhims and was nowhere near that game.

At the piggery, bonner saved it but went up in the air and backspin took it in , McCoist charging in with the ball a foot over the line already. Happy days.

That's why I never mentioned them , Greig Cooper McPhail Baxter are real legends, as I said Fergie is one of my all time favourite players but legend no. Legend is used to easy now a days. People call JohniBrown a club legend ffs, he was a good servant great player yes but not a legend, if he is a legend what does that make Mr Greig ?

Can I ask why you view DC as a legend and not fergie mate?

Can I ask why you view DC as a legend and not fergie mate?

DC over the period played did things with the ball that I never saw anyone else capable of doing, from day one when Big Wallace signed him he hit the ground running and thrilled us on more occasions than not, he had very quiet games but still came up with something to change a game, Fergie on the other hand was a big honest pro who I loved but wasnt in the same mould as DC , Fergiecwas also injured for long periods of his time with us, He is everything you want from a Rangers player but as i said legend is used too loosely and devalues actual legend's.

DC over the period played did things with the ball that I never saw anyone else capable of doing, from day one when Big Wallace signed him he hit the ground running and thrilled us on more occasions than not, he had very quiet games but still came up with something to change a game, Fergie on the other hand was a big honest pro who I loved but wasnt in the same mould as DC , Fergiecwas also injured for long periods of his time with us, He is everything you want from a Rangers player but as i said legend is used too loosely and devalues actual legend's.

You could argue the same with DC mate. He wasn't the most consistent of players albeit a magician on his day.

I don't actually view Ferguson in the same legendary status as the Grieg's, super ally's or the gorams of the past but I was just interested as to why you viewed DC as one but not IF in terms of club achievements.

(tu)

It's ridiculous to suggest a guy second only to Bobby Lennox in league titles won is not a legend, absolutely ridiculous!

Which game are you talking about? was talking about 0-1 game at the paedodome in 97, wasn't league decider though, memory isn't what it was. pretty sure we more or less wrapped it up that day.

I'm talking about the 3-0 game under advocaat

Which game are you talking about? was talking about 0-1 game at the paedodome in 97, wasn't league decider though, memory isn't what it was. pretty sure we more or less wrapped it up that day.

Probably the league title win in '99 game. 3-0