Youth Players

slimjim1690

Following on from the Nathan Oduwa thread and watching him today I remarked to my son, when you consider the skill levels coming from these kids from England (I know Zelalim is from the USA,but there are also so many breaking into teams down south), I was struggling to come up with many in regards to numbers and skill levels emanating from Scotland although Barry McKay is looking good, but I'm talking about the awareness and confidence of these youngsters they just seem miles ahead of anything being produced in Scotland, so I'm left wondering, are we teaching the kids properly at our professional clubs or should the SFA be doing more in regards to youth coaching ie: certification and standards.

It would appear to me that something is not right in Scotland with regards to coaching our youths and this has been apparent for some time now, I've heard the old argument kids don't play as much football now as they have more to things to occupy their time with, but surely this applies to England as well yet they don't have the same problem producing good talent.

Thoughts.