*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The other way to go is what Gerrard done

4-3-1-2 and do away with the wingers which tbf we don’t have any that should be starting anyway.

There’s a few whispers that Sima might be back and if he is play  him up front and try get him pulling on to Scales like  Aberdeen done.

So your three in front of the CBs would be Lundstram, Mo and Sterling with Cantwell just in front of them and Dessers/Silva up top?

Biggest concern is lack of wide cover for our fullbacks especially the captain but, otherwise, it could work.

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'd argue the cup final is a bigger game and there's a chance it could be made worse then don't play him.

I think the league is over just as much as you do. But, if by some miracle we beat them on Saturday, then I'm not sure how either team handles the pressure of 2 games to go on equal points.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

So your three in front of the CBs would be Lundstram, Mo and Sterling with Cantwell just in front of them and Dessers/Silva up top?

Biggest concern is lack of wide cover for our fullbacks especially the captain but, otherwise, it could work.

I personally wouldn’t play Cantwell but if he had Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande behind him then i could probably get it.

Not happy with Dessers or Silva but again it will probably need to do.

We need to attack Scales though as he’s utter dogshite, esp in the air.

I’m trying my hardest to muster up some confidence for this but at the moment it’s not happening. I think most of us are too scarred now by this team and how they fold like a cheap suit at the least bit  of pressure. What I am expecting/ hoping for is a team that goes out and leaves it all there. Also, if we’re getting pumped with 20 minutes to go I would expect to finish with 9 men after e had at least crippled a couple of the Tarrier bastards. Too much to hope for?

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Aberdeen showed how to play against these cunts, no quarter asked and none given get in about them. Except we won’t 

It’s nothing new, you’d think we’d never seen it done before the way we play against them.

Thats where the mentality comes in. The squad is rife with fear playing them, rather than a total disdain for them and wanting to smash them into the ground.

22 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s nothing new, you’d think we’d never seen it done before the way we play against them.

Thats where the mentality comes in. The squad is rife with fear playing them, rather than a total disdain for them and wanting to smash them into the ground.

Just waiting on a poster saying we should stick someone on McGregor to stop him owning the park. The same posts for years and it was Brown before then. We never learn.

We live in hope but that is all unfortunately. If Clint Hill can score and get a draw with a poorer team then anything is possible. The players have to be fired up but will they?

A few of things need to happen.

Sterling, Lundstram and Diamonde start for matching up to their midfield 3.  We can't carry passengers and I'm not sure Lawrence or Cantwell offer enough for this one. Would love to see Sima available for this one too as our wide alternatives are grim.

We need to start well, not let them dictate whilst we stand off. And we can't let them get any cheap early goals that get their tails up.

The above would give us a chance and if we can get their support edgy or angry then so much the better for unsettling them.

We can do it. I'm just not sure the gaffer will play the right midfield, and we've also got a mistake in us too that proves costly.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Not if we win 3 or 4 nil mate. We put 4 in the back of their net at Ibrox albeit one was disallowed. Just need to not concede any on Saturday as well as repeat the goals scored and we’re flying imo 

1 minute ago, 285miles said:

It’s a big ask and we’re fragile.

avoid conceding early goal, stay in it and see what happens. If level after 60 mins we have a chance

There’ll definitely be an early goal for someone. Neither team is getting out of this with a clean sheet, two absolutely abysmal defences 

Just win, it's as simple as that. Never mind goal difference, any win will do. I'm not confident but we have started to grind the results out again so you never know, but its a big ask at their bit with none of our fans getting in, let alone with some of the shit the beds we have in our team.