False Optimism

I've been reading a lot of posts on the forum over the last couple of weeks and there seems to be a lot of optimism within the fans, With regards to Rangers winning the SPL Title.

Bit of realism is needed..... Rangers signings so far, Do not even put us on a level playing field with Celtic, Never mind have the ability to form a gap and go on to win the SPL Title.

Our main signing is Jean Claude Darcheville..... A player that wasnt good enough for Rangers 3 seasons ago, when Alex McLeish made an approach, But is now the man who is going to lead our strikeforce..... I just dont get it?! What has changed in the last 3 seasons, That has made him turn from a bad signing into a good one?

Then we have people going on about Thomas Buffel.... We have been waiting on Thomas Buffel to do something for the last 2 and a half seasons. Whats different about this year? He's just not suitable for the SPL and building him up every preseason, Just sets us fans up for a fall, which in turn leads to disappointment.

Then we have Graeme Smith, Alan Gow and Kirk Broadfoot...... Who will all be bit part players for Ranger next season. Alan Gow inparticular is a confidence player, and if he finds himself on the bench most weeks he will be as effective as a chocolate fire guard.

The only player who potentielly adds something different is Da Marcus Beasley...... Will he settle quickly?! Will he be an asset in the SPL?! or will he be another player who comes to Rangers excected to perform and fails to deliver.

Our squad hasnt even been bolstered and our team is still weak....... There will be no big difference next season unless money is released.

Smith in - Klos out

Broadfoot in - Svensson out

Da Marcus Beasley in - Rae out

Darchville in - Prso out

Gow in - Sionko out (Sooner rather than later)

Total money spend = £ 0

The gap between Celik and Rangers wasn't as huge as the league table suggested.

PLG giving them a 15 points of a start didn't help our cause.

I feel more confident going into the 07/08 season with real Rangers men at the helm.

Our squad's been strengthened, with more player's coming in (hopefully).

Just my personal opinion mind.

Rae out - Beasley in (that's gotta be a starter for 10 surely) (tu)

We haven't spent a penny but i'm sure this week will see all the comings and goings as Wattie wants his whole squad to go to Germany in 10 days or so.

Nice to see some optimizim on the board :craphead:

The gap between Celik and Rangers wasn't as huge as the league table suggested.

PLG giving them a 15 points of a start didn't help our cause.

I feel more confident going into the 07/08 season with real Rangers men at the helm.

Our squad's been strengthened, with more player's coming in (hopefully).

Just my personal opinion mind.

Rae out - Beasley in (that's gotta be a starter for 10 surely) :yes:

It wouldnt matter if we had one of the best managers in the World in charge...... And we arguably did with PLG.

If you dont spend money and the opposition do, You will not get success.

All Rangers have done in the close season is released some fringe players and replaced them with some others

Replaced Prso, With a player who isnt as good in Darcheville

and

Got an under performing player in Beasley for next to nothing, Hoping he regains form he has 3 seasons ago

I think we will bring in others and will spend some money this coming week.

Minstral seems to have a good source and I am going to say that he's right.

I feel we will bring in Cuellar, McCulloch and Naismith in the next week or ten days plus another one or two not heard of.

May be wrong, but that is my gut feeling.

The guys brought in must be seen as squad players surely. If they are there to take us to the next level then we are fecked already! Buying(!) players from the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk to compete with signings from AC Milan, Real Madrid etc is hardly the answer. If it was the other way around we would be in stitches at Celtic fans thinking they would catch us with such a poor squad and signings.

It wouldnt matter if we had one of the best managers in the World in charge...... And we arguably did with PLG.

Got an under performing player in Beasley for next to nothing, Hoping he regains form he has 3 seasons ago

PLG might've indeed been one of the best managers in the world; he sure didn't show it at Ibrox and that had nothing to do with spending cash.

As I recall, he suggested he was happy with what he had, and there was no need to spend further!

Beasley: I'm sure you'll get a pleasant surprise with this man.

A few of the Man City fans down this way are disapointed to see him go. Never got a chance which is probably down to the state MC are in at present.

PLG might've indeed been one of the best managers in the world; he sure didn't show it at Ibrox and that had nothing to do with spending cash.

As I recall, he suggested he was happy with what he had, and there was no need to spend further!

At Lyon, the Director of football brings in players, hence why PLG's signings were flops.

At Lyon, the Director of football brings in players, hence why PLG's signings were flops.

PLG - Pathetic Little Git

PLG - Pathetic Little Git

Thanks for your input...

PLG... The best Manager Rangers will probably ever have.

Just a pity, he wasnt fully backed and allowed to do what he wanted to do.

He will go down as a failure, But i'm sure he can live with that.

Good Managers cant transform bad players into world beaters.......

I'm sure Mr Struth will be SPINNING in his grave, but.......

No doubt PLG is a talented manager, perhaps both parties ie. LG & RFC didn't do their homework on this one?

Managing an OF or top EPL side requires instant success.

I'm sorry fellow bear RFC #1fan, but I thought LG had to go. Twas freefall.

(Not wanting to start a PLG debate this is my final input)

Respect.

I'm sure Mr Struth will be SPINNING in his grave, but.......

No doubt PLG is a talented manager, perhaps both parties ie. LG & RFC didn't do their homework on this one?

Managing an OF or top EPL side requires instant success.

I'm sorry fellow bear RFC #1fan, but I thought LG had to go. Twas freefall.

(Not wanting to start a PLG debate this is my final input)

Respect.

Yeah, He had to go.... He lost the players (Barry, Boyd etc) and the fans turned on him. Results werent great either. He tried to make an impact, Didnt work in Scotland.... Too many people fought the changes, which resulted in failure.

Wasnt all his fault, Barry Ferguson should have went as well. Case is closed now

As for optimism we hear this crap every year from people who can't see past the back page of the daily record.

" The league will be a walk in the park" they say.

Way I see things if we plug the gaps in the squad and play with spirit then we stand as much a chance as the other lot.

Yeah, He had to go.... He lost the players (Barry, Boyd etc) and the fans turned on him. Results werent great either. He tried to make an impact, Didnt work in Scotland.... Too many people fought the changes, which resulted in failure.

Wasnt all his fault, Barry Ferguson should have went as well. Case is closed now

If only it was - we're still saddled with most of the poor quality signings he made. Total nonsense to suggest he was "The best Manager Rangers will probably ever have."

You can only judge that on his performance while at Rangers, which was pretty poor.

Guest Euronymous
if plg was backed properly he would have made us great and got rid of all the underachivers

Who's to say he never got backed properly by the board? The fans wants instant success but he failed, if he stuck to his guns and never left, he could try and prove the fans wrong for slating him but like most French folk, arrogance, ignorance and his stubborness over wanting out (after seeing ParisSG wanting a new manager).

And..

if

Like it states.. it's a BIG IF. All we can do now in regards to PLG is speculate on what might of happened, nothing less, nothing more. He could have an excellent amount of success elsewhere, but it will never change the fact he failed here.

if plg was backed properly he would have made us great and got rid of all the underachivers

Who's to say he never got backed properly by the board? The fans wants instant success but he failed, if he stuck to his guns and never left, he could try and prove the fans wrong for slating him but like most French folk, arrogance, ignorance and his stubborness over wanting out (after seeing ParisSG wanting a new manager).

And..

if

Like it states.. it's a BIG IF. All we can do now in regards to PLG is speculate on what might of happened, nothing less, nothing more. He could have an excellent amount of success elsewhere, but it will never change the fact he failed here.

i'm saying he never got backed properly neither is walter

Guest Euronymous

And..

if

David Murray is a Business Man. All he is wanting is the Gers to be financially secure and to sell his share. Until then NO manager will get sufficient funds unless we are making profits. Doesn't mean they aren't backed properly in the other departments.

And..

if

David Murray is a Business Man. All he is wanting is the Gers to be financially secure and to sell his share. Until then NO manager will get sufficient funds unless we are making profits. Doesn't mean they aren't backed properly in the other departments.

where's all the money gone all the jjb,joe lewis,enic dave king etc plus the season ticket money every year

Guest Euronymous

And..

if

where's all the money gone all the jjb,joe lewis,enic dave king etc plus the season ticket money every year

Go speak to the finance department of the club and not me. I don't fucking know. :)

And..

if

Go speak to the finance department of the club and not me. I don't fucking know. :)

great reply you still think their backed properly

Guest Euronymous

And..

if

great reply you still think their backed properly

Well, personally i have no clue and doubt i'll ever know if they are but why would PLG and WS (for a second time) come if they knew they wouldn't be backed properly?