Premiership Players Please

LeeWallaceRFC

7 hours ago, BEE said:

Deluded much?

2 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

mega lol

Gordon, when called upon, has proven that he is not the keeper he once was. Not very good. Foderingham is a quality shot stopper, best keeper we've had since McGregor. Despite that not being very hard.

Tavernier vs Lustig = Lustig defensively, however Tavernier's attacking influence on the game outweighs that.

Kiernan vs Ambrose = Moving swiftly on...

Ball vs Simunovic = Who?

Wallace vs Izaguirre = Anybody in their right mind knows that's not even close. A quality defender vs somebody who hasn't been any good for years.

Halliday vs Bitton = Bitton, very good player.

McKay vs McGregor = Not even close. One of Scotland's best prospects vs an even more overrated Forrest.

Waghorn vs Mackay-Steven = Unfair comparison.

Holt vs Armstrong = The player who makes our team tick. Ask any one of their fans, Armstrong isn't very good.

Law vs Rogic = Rogic, no questions asked.

Miller vs Griffiths = Our weakest position, no comparison needed. Griffiths despite being a grade A bellend, is a quality finisher.

Simunovic is the only player you could even remotely argue, although I'd be very surprised if anybody really knew who he was/had seen much from him.

1 hour ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Gordon, when called upon, has proven that he is not the keeper he once was. Not very good. Foderingham is a quality shot stopper, best keeper we've had since McGregor. Despite that not being very hard.

Tavernier vs Lustig = Lustig defensively, however Tavernier's attacking influence on the game outweighs that.

Kiernan vs Ambrose = Moving swiftly on...

Ball vs Simunovic = Who?

Wallace vs Izaguirre = Anybody in their right mind knows that's not even close. A quality defender vs somebody who hasn't been any good for years.

Halliday vs Bitton = Bitton, very good player.

McKay vs McGregor = Not even close. One of Scotland's best prospects vs an even more overrated Forrest.

Waghorn vs Mackay-Steven = Unfair comparison.

Holt vs Armstrong = The player who makes our team tick. Ask any one of their fans, Armstrong isn't very good.

Law vs Rogic = Rogic, no questions asked.

Miller vs Griffiths = Our weakest position, no comparison needed. Griffiths despite being a grade A bellend, is a quality finisher.

Simunovic is the only player you could even remotely argue, although I'd be very surprised if anybody really knew who he was/had seen much from him.

:blink:

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Kiernan was our most expensive buy so far at 220k

Yeah, exactly.

To me the jury is still out on whether or not Kiernan will be good enough long-term. However, the point is still valid. We don't have to spend millions to get players who are good enough to play in the Premiership and we've already proved that this season. 

If anything, we're doing it the sensible way. There is far less risk with a £200k player than there is with a £2 million player. Plus the club is more likely to make profit when selling them on.

2 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Yeah, exactly.

To me the jury is still out on whether or not Kiernan will be good enough long-term. However, the point is still valid. We don't have to spend millions to get players who are good enough to play in the Premiership and we've already proved that this season. 

If anything, we're doing it the sensible way. There is far less risk with a £200k player than there is with a £2 million player. Plus the club is more likely to make profit when selling them on.

I'd say Kiernan needs to work on his pace, but having another defender and getting a CDM would benefit him. I feel he, Wilson and Ball get bad flack because it's easier to notice a defender fuck up than a midfielder or forward fuck up.

Apart from him, Waggy, Tav and Holt came to 465k. Now each of them would be able to got sold for a price above that, that too me is what we should be aiming for. Not ludicrous deals where we might not make a profit or get any kind of result from. 

I'd rather the club risk 65k on a lower league player who has potential than 4m on a player who yeah might be good in bayern but that won't exactly translate to us.

13 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd say Kiernan needs to work on his pace, but having another defender and getting a CDM would benefit him. I feel he, Wilson and Ball get bad flack because it's easier to notice a defender fuck up than a midfielder or forward fuck up.

Apart from him, Waggy, Tav and Holt came to 465k. Now each of them would be able to got sold for a price above that, that too me is what we should be aiming for. Not ludicrous deals where we might not make a profit or get any kind of result from. 

I'd rather the club risk 65k on a lower league player who has potential than 4m on a player who yeah might be good in bayern but that won't exactly translate to us.

Yeah, that's a valid point aswell. I think getting in a defensive midfielder with a bit of experience and physical presence is a must, especially for next season.

7 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Yeah, that's a valid point aswell. I think getting in a defensive midfielder with a bit of experience and physical presence is a must, especially for next season.

It'd also allow Halliday to move out to his natural position, then we could see him as a proper aggressive player. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

It'd also allow Halliday to move out to his natural position, then we could see him as a proper aggressive player. 

Yeah, that will probably happen when we sign a more natural holding midfielder. He's just playing that role right now because we don't really have anyone else.