performance V expectations

thehost

12 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

OK. mate. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I hope we can get a Euro spot next season but I think that we need major investment for that. The fact is that we just don't know if our current squad can compete with the top flight on a regular basis, not just on a "one off" cup tie.

Glad you pointed it out ?

I think we've got a sound basis for competing well in the spfl , but yeah , I agree , to get past that final hurdle of being champions , we're going to need some real investment. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people going on about how we are no where near the finished article as if it's some sort of popular or widely held opinion that we are but I've yet to see one poster on here who has ever said that we don't need to add more quality to the squad when we move up a level.

On 31 January 2016 at 8:16 AM, Bluepeter9 said:

But no matter how well drilled over the piece quality counts ( see yesterday - Fakkirk were well drilled, stuck to their task of closing us out- our quality brought the result) our expectations are not to be able to purely compete but to win - and great teams/ winning teams have great quality and are well drilled. Our expectations are higher than purely a well drilled team. 

Indeed. But watch lots of teams in lots of leagues who are weaker team over the course of a season but can always give the better teams a hard game.  We got a hard game on Saturday as we did against Morton and I think these 2 results show us more than a 6-2 thrashing of hibs