Mixing it up

Was thinking about the game on Saturday and was impressed with how hard Qos worked in closing down our defenders and goalie and not giving us easy possesion. With our reluctance to hoof the ball, this led to us committing a lot of errors as we still tried to pass when under a lot of pressure. 

I I thought qos would have tired but to be fair to them they kept it up. I think if other teams press us like they did then we will need to change things. We can be a bit predictable at times in that we always looked to play a short pass and they always read it.  We should look to play a long diagonal for ohalleran from time to time and allow him to use his pace in behind, particularly when they are pretty much one for one at the back. 

I guess Warbs and Weir know more than me and hopefully we will learn from this and push on. 

You are right that the team looks to play from the back but they do try a long diagonal in every game too. On Saturday I think we were just sloppy on too many occasions and they need to learn when the danger zone is high and the need to get the ball away.........I do like how they play from the back and 9/10 it will work but sometimes the wrong choice of pass puts us in danger as opposed to the opposition closing down. Less sloppyness and we will be just fine 

I think with the big games coming up over the next few weeks, coupled with Waghorn possibly returning sooner than expected, will give us that wee kick up the arse we need right now. 

I can confidently say every single player will be up for the game vs Celtic. There won't be any passengers that day. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think with the big games coming up over the next few weeks, coupled with Waghorn possibly returning sooner than expected, will give us that wee kick up the arse we need right now. 

I can confidently say every single player will be up for the game vs Celtic. There won't be any passengers that day. 

Funnily enough I watched the Dundee game back earlier and the defence seemed less 'casual' on the ball and took fewer chances in possession. Hopefully their focus will return for the big games and current blip is them just being a bit complacent.

That was the exact thing I got from them. They shut down at every opportunity and never gave us time on the ball. I also expected them to tire but it never happened. It was like if they had an extra man. The only thing I can take from it is that the players would have learned something from it.