Can you win with Bosmans?!

Alan Hansen onced said, "You'll never win anything with kids" and he was proved wrong as a young Manchester Untied side went on to win the English Premier League

Do you think someone in the the Media or someone within the Scottish Game, Will say "You'll never win anything with Bosmans" and do you think this Rangers side can go out and achieve just that?

Interesting one.

Too general a hypothesis....

Of course Bosman's can be successful. It just depends (as is the case with any transfer) what the player's quality is. I sincerely doubt Broadfoot, Gow, Smith, JCD and Carroll would bring instant improvement. However, with Cuellar and hopefully 3 more signings there is no doubt out squad has been improved within the limits we now operate.

well when you think off it..

mcgreggor - didnt pay for him

hutton - didnt pay for him

smith - didnt pay for him

eghiou - free

wier - free

adam - didnt pay for him

hemdani - free

ferguson - didnt pay for him

burke - didnt pay for him

boyd - 400k

prso - free

that was the team near the end of last season

not a bad team for 400k

eghiou - free

wier - free

adam - didnt pay for him

hemdani - free

boyd - 400k

prso - free

not a bad team for 400k

Well for next years squad add......

Carroll

Smith

Broadfoot

Webster (Its a loan deal)

Gow

Darcheville

Already there

Novo

Murray

Sionko

Well for next years squad add......

Carroll

Smith

Broadfoot

Webster (Its a loan deal)

Gow

Beasley

Darcheville

Already there

Novo

Murray

Sionko

Dearest player in the squad

Sebo

Am I missing something...?

Ferguson, Cuellar, Buffel and Thomson all cost more than Sebo... Beasley also cost £700K.

Barry was brought through the youth ranks.

For some reason I thought Sebo was over 2.5 mill :S My bad.

So Cueller (£2.37Million) is the dearest player at Rangers, then Buffel (£2.3 million) and then Thomson (£2 million)

Yes, he was, but we still had to pay a fee for him when we re-signed him from Blackburn...

There's no doubt our squad having several multi-million pound players is a thing of the past but not every expensive player in our years of over-spending proved to be worth the fee. I've no time to go through them all, but I'd say genuinely successful players over £2million at Rangers won't exceed the failures.

For every Gio, Amo, Gazza and Laudrup you have a Kanchelskis, Boli, Konterman and Van Vossen.... Meanwhile, we go into £83million of debt which has negatively affected us for the last 5 years+.

I'd much rather we concentrated on the efficiency of the product than the price.

all down to the gaffer imo. all about being flexible with what you have and of all the managers about walter is one of the best at this. when you look at what he did to the scotland team it proves it. bunch of players of limited talent winning games against france.

it is the walter smith way so i am not bothered with these guys being bosmans i reckon if they are good enough for walter they will be good enough for rangers and good enough for me. :smiley:

all down to the gaffer imo. all about being flexible with what you have and of all the managers about walter is one of the best at this. when you look at what he did to the scotland team it proves it. bunch of players of limited talent winning games against france.

it is the walter smith way so i am not bothered with these guys being bosmans i reckon if they are good enough for walter they will be good enough for rangers and good enough for me. :smiley:

You cant compare the result Scotland got agaisnt France to the Rangers situation.

We played ultra defensive against France and hit them with a sucker punch. It was a one off result and 9/10 they would break us down get the first goal and hump us.

Rangers cant play this way, Nor can we carry average players and hope for the best.

You cant compare the result Scotland got agaisnt France to the Rangers situation.

We played ultra defensive against France and hit them with a sucker punch. It was a one off result and 9/10 they would break us down get the first goal and hump us.

Rangers cant play this way, Nor can we carry average players and hope for the best.

what i am saying is, walter can take any ordinary bunch of players and WIN games. that is the comparison with the scotland game.

eghiou - free

wier - free

adam - didnt pay for him

hemdani - free

boyd - 400k

prso - free

not a bad team for 400k

Payed over £4mill to get Barry back from Blackburn.