Players Out ?

Davy

There has been loads of speculation about players coming in, but not too much about those leaving.

Obviously Svensson has left and the likes of Sionko are expected to leave, but who else ?

Do we have to sell before we buy ?

Do those linked with moves away, such as Buffel, have a future ?

I think we now have the size of squad that we should have, but will it remain that way ?

There has been loads of speculation about players coming in, but not too much about those leaving.

Nothing but loose paper conjecture, usually centering on the PLG misfits.

Obviously Svensson has left and the likes of Sionko are expected to leave, but who else ?

I think we now have the size of squad that we should have, but will it remain that way ?

tbh, the only one who is genuinely unwanted by both the team and the fans is Sionko.

There are still as sizeably chunk of supporters who think Sebo has a future, and there are plenty who still like Buffel.

And there is no one else who is really being touted for a move away.

I doubt we'll lose a lot of players - the complete lack of incoming bids (being made public) at this point seems to suggest that. Same time though, the loss of Svensson was completely out of the blue - so who knows what other players will suddenly disappear.

We have only lost Klos, Prso, Svensson and Rae. I can't think of anyone else who has actually left?

Buffel is definitely worth keeping, he has quality. The only problem is getting him to show it consistently. Maybe Smith can do what PLG and Eck couldn't.

I'm afraid I can't see anything in Sebo that makes him worth keeping, except for his comedy value.. <cr>

Nothing but loose paper conjecture, usually centering on the PLG misfits.

tbh, the only one who is genuinely unwanted by both the team and the fans is Sionko.

There are still as sizeably chunk of supporters who think Sebo has a future, and there are plenty who still like Buffel.

And there is no one else who is really being touted for a move away.

I doubt we'll lose a lot of players - the complete lack of incoming bids (being made public) at this point seems to suggest that. Same time though, the loss of Svensson was completely out of the blue - so who knows what other players will suddenly disappear.

We have only lost Klos, Prso, Svensson and Rae. I can't think of anyone else who has actually left?

Pretty much agree Danny. The only other possibility I can see for leaving is Ian Murray?? Would like to see Buffel getting a decent run provided he stays injury free. If he does the biz, it would be like a new signing. If not, punt him at Christmas.

Wouldnt be surprised if Hemdani is sold to balance the books.

Sionko will go

Does Novo have a future? Where does Ian Murray fit into things?

Im not so sure with Buffel, I feel he may be sold when he regains fitness. Only reason there has been no interest is because hes injured.

Wouldnt be surprised if Hemdani is sold to balance the books.

Sionko will go

Does Novo have a future? Where does Ian Murray fit into things?

Im not so sure with Buffel, I feel he may be sold when he regains fitness. Only reason there has been no interest is because hes injured.

This is the thing... we have the competition but will we keep those squad players ?

The likes of Novo, Sebo and Murray's futures are unknown.

Smith has said that the squad is too thin and players will not leave until new ones come in. That said I expect Sionko, Sebo and Buffel all may yet go.

Nothing definite except maybe Sionko.

i like the idea of sebo staying coz he will be desperate to prove he isnt a flop. thats the kind of attitude you need. the spirit of 2005.

as for sionko, dont think he is good enough BUT we have nothing like competition for burkey on the right so until we correct it he has to stay

murray is a good cover player as well.

Buffel is definitely worth keeping, he has quality. The only problem is getting him to show it consistently. Maybe Smith can do what PLG and Eck couldn't.

I'm afraid I can't see anything in Sebo that makes him worth keeping, except for his comedy value.. <cr>

I agree. Most of the other players improved their consistancy after the arrival of Walter and Ally but we did not get the chance to see much of Buffel due to injury.

i think only sionko will definetly go. Would like to see papac going and that romanian left back we were linked to coming in to replace him but doubt it will happen now.