Club 1872 poll on repeal of offensive behaviour at football act..

Is available here -

http://club1872.co.uk/my-club-1872/contributor-surveys/offensive-behaviour-at-football-act-repeal/

Currently 91% supporting the repeal as proposed by James Kelly MSP.

Personally I think the club is walking into a trap here. In an ideal world I would agree, as I think people should be able to shout and sing what they want at the football.

But the reality is that the OBAF act really just levelled the playing field, so that fans of other clubs shouting abuse at us can be charged just the same as our fans can be charged for abusing them. Repealing this act would just take us back to Jack McConnell's time as first minister, ie. fans of other clubs could shout stuff at us, but if we shouted or sang anything back it would be jail for our fans and points deductions for our club. It would mean you would have 7,500 Celtic fans at Ibrox on January 2nd singing pro-IRA songs and waving banners about us being 'H***' BUT if one Rangers fan sings the Billy Boys then the get jailed for 6 months and the media will be calling for us to get sent back to the 3rd division. This is why only fans of one club (celtic) have been on these marches protesting about it. Do you really think Labour and the SNP are going to change the law so we can go back to singing FTP and the Vatican?

I think that 91% of us are deluding themselves that repealing this act would mean we could go back to the 90s fan culture, but there probably hasn't been that many voted yet so get your votes cast now. I don't want to be reading about people not knowing about the poll now, even though it hasn't been that widely publicised in my opinion.

The only way Rangers fans should be supporting the repeal of this act is if they also repealed Section 74 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2003, but the tims sure as hell aren't going to support that, neither are the Labour party as it was McConnell who brought it in (goodness knows why the Tories are supporting repealing OBAF, but they also haven't suggested repealing or amending the 2003 act either). So get voting.

2 minutes ago, 908 said:

Is available here -

http://club1872.co.uk/my-club-1872/contributor-surveys/offensive-behaviour-at-football-act-repeal/

Currently 91% supporting the repeal as proposed by James Kelly MSP.

Personally I think the club is walking into a trap here. In an ideal world I would agree, as I think people should be able to shout and sing what they want at the football.

But the reality is that the OBAF act really just levelled the playing field, so that fans of other clubs shouting abuse at us can be charged just the same as our fans can be charged for abusing them. Repealing this act would just take us back to Jack McConnell's time as first minister, ie. fans of other clubs could shout stuff at us, but if we shouted or sang anything back it would be jail for our fans and points deductions for our club. It would mean you would have 7,500 Celtic fans at Ibrox on January 2nd singing pro-IRA songs and waving banners about us being 'H***' BUT if one Rangers fan sings the Billy Boys then the get jailed for 6 months and the media will be calling for us to get sent back to the 3rd division. This is why only fans of one club (celtic) have been on these marches protesting about it. Do you really think Labour and the SNP are going to change the law so we can go back to singing FTP and the Vatican?

I think that 91% of us are deluding themselves that repealing this act would mean we could go back to the 90s fan culture, but there probably hasn't been that many voted yet so get your votes cast now. I don't want to be reading about people not knowing about the poll now, even though it hasn't been that widely publicised in my opinion.

The only way Rangers fans should be supporting the repeal of this act is if they also repealed Section 74 of the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2003, but the tims sure as hell aren't going to support that, neither are the Labour party as it was McConnell who brought it in (goodness knows why the Tories are supporting repealing OBAF, but they also haven't suggested repealing or amending the 2003 act either). So get voting.

They do that anyway regardless of behavioural acts.

I don't think there is any doubt this law will be repealed.  It was an SNP show of strength when they had a majority to prove they could do what they wanted, when they wanted, even if every single party (including Greens) said no to it.

Ridiculous law with so many wasted resources.  I will be glad to see football in Scotland supported by people not afraid to fly the flag of OUR country without risk of arrest.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I don't think there is any doubt this law will be repealed.  It was an SNP show of strength when they had a majority to prove they could do what they wanted, when they wanted, even if every single party (including Greens) said no to it.

Ridiculous law with so many wasted resources.  I will be glad to see football in Scotland supported by people not afraid to fly the flag of OUR country without risk of arrest.

Our fans still will get arrested though. The only difference is the police won't be able to arrest anybody singing other offensive stuff, eg. about the Ibrox disaster

33 minutes ago, 908 said:

Our fans still will get arrested though. The only difference is the police won't be able to arrest anybody singing other offensive stuff, eg. about the Ibrox disaster

Why cant they arrest them for Breach of the Peace at common law ?