Scottish Football

Prso's headband

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

So are most in agreement that the game in Scotland is piss poor to watch,played by piss poor teams and outwith the old firm watched by piss poor crowds. Hardly a great product for anyone to sell.

so we have a chicken and egg situation. Sky have bought a product and they want people to watch that product. But rather than give Scottish teams money to help make the product better and more entertaining so that people will tune in, they continue to throw money at other leagues rather than Scotland with the effect that the Scottish football product they are buying is less entertaining, will attract less viewers and will be of less value.

That makes no sense to me. It never has.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:44 PM, Prso's headband said:

I'm here at the game today and Scottish football is dying a death.

From the 60th minute County have time wasted and assaulted our players. Just as I say that Windass gets closelined. 

The sad reality is teams like Ross County play this way against us, cellic, aberdeen and hearts. For almost half a season they'll play like that. They haven't even attempted to play any form of football and that's where the national teams problems lie. I don't care for the national team but this form of "football" is a serious eye opener and IMO why we simply won't progress as a football team. They have a corner and take 2 minutes to take it when they could win the game. Scottish football is a shameful sad act and why as a footballing nation they'll never move on. 

All imo obviously

Teams in every league in Europe do that.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

so we have a chicken and egg situation. Sky have bought a product and they want people to watch that product. But rather than give Scottish teams money to help make the product better and more entertaining so that people will tune in, they continue to throw money at other leagues rather than Scotland with the effect that the Scottish football product they are buying is less entertaining, will attract less viewers and will be of less value.

That makes no sense to me. It never has.

Good points but we can't just blame Sky or any one entity.The whole mind set in Scottish football is outdated and non entertaining.When commentators talk about an ex Scotland captain and current captain of the team leading the SPL as a battler,fighter,scrapper that about sums up why no one is interested in the back water of European football.

On 06/11/2016 at 1:44 PM, Prso's headband said:

I'm here at the game today and Scottish football is dying a death.

From the 60th minute County have time wasted and assaulted our players. Just as I say that Windass gets closelined. 

The sad reality is teams like Ross County play this way against us, cellic, aberdeen and hearts. For almost half a season they'll play like that. They haven't even attempted to play any form of football and that's where the national teams problems lie. I don't care for the national team but this form of "football" is a serious eye opener and IMO why we simply won't progress as a football team. They have a corner and take 2 minutes to take it when they could win the game. Scottish football is a shameful sad act and why as a footballing nation they'll never move on. 

All imo obviously

And this kind of shit form of football " entertainment " is of no interest to people who may well wish to invest in any form and end up taking their investment elsewhere wherever that may be but it's certainly not in Scotland.