final fantasy XII

Ryan

I know a few folk on the forum had this, question is.. anyone completed it yet? I lost interest when I bought my 360, started playing it again, no clue what's happening though! :craphead:

I'm at the stilshrine of miriam at the moment...

Can I ask, why do they call it "final fantasy" when it clearly never is??? They are now at the 12th fuckin final fantasy, lyin barstewards!!!!

different story with different characters!

Can I ask, why do they call it "final fantasy" when it clearly never is??? They are now at the 12th fuckin final fantasy, lyin barstewards!!!!

It was back in the days of the NES when Squaresoft were in financial trouble. One employee came to his boss with an idea for a game that would require the entire effort of the studio. An all or nothing scenario in other words. The employee told his boss that if the project was a failure then he would take responsibility and it would be his " final fantasy" for Squaresoft, and the name stuck.

I got to some place where I came up against 4 strong guards, where killing the "master guard" would kill the other 3. They're too strong and killed me in 10 seconds.

Where on earth is that?

If I wanted to I could start on the final battle scenario, but decided that I wanted to get all the espers and all the rare game (to complete that challenge), I also want to accomplish all the hunts and think I'm nearly there with the hunts (I have accepted the challeng of the Behemoth King) I also want to defeat that big Wyrm where you have to unlock the doors in a certain order, it is a huge creature, took it on once and then ran away.

To be honest though I started to find the game tedious and repetitive in a lot of areas and it started to do my head in, but intend to complete it.

I played it ages ago and can't remember clearly. It think it was on some ship. There were parts blocked by lasers within an hour or 2 of this area.

the leviathan or something.

I played it ages ago and can't remember clearly. It think it was on some ship. There were parts blocked by lasers within an hour or 2 of this area.

I know where you're on about now, it's after you have to rescue someone on the ship and on the way back, I did it the other way round, ensure that someone can cast protect and spells like that, take out the three weaker gaurds first and if possible use ranged weapons on the main character you're fighting, also ensure your gambits are set up with healing spells and or potions with strength.

Have to admit it took me about three attempts to win this battle.

i wasnt to far on after that, but something happens and the alarms goes off and loads of guards keep on after you and just kill you, also something annoying with red and blue lights?

i wasnt to far on after that, but something happens and the alarms goes off and loads of guards keep on after you and just kill you, also something annoying with red and blue lights?

On your way in if you cross over an area with the red lasers it sets of alarms for a while (to be honest if you want to investigate fully you don't get a choice), on the way out the alarms are continuously going, but you can pick up a card thingy and there are two points where you can use the card which turns the alarm of for a short period of time, and rather fight just run back to the hanger where the boss fight occurs.

Saying that if you are near an area which you can turn the alarm off, you can hang around there and build up experience points.

As a wee bonus, on your way in, when you come to one of the control rooms where you have to go down/up some stairs there is an entrance which isn't shown on the map, go down there and there is a pretty damn good piece of equipent can't remember if it's a weapon or armour which will help you out when it comes to the boss battles later on.

When you get to the prison cells, open all the doors as there is a save point and a bloke where you can buy potions etc.

If you're getting killed too easily, it could be that your characters just aren't strong enough and you're going to have to go back to another area and build them up a bit more.

how good is this game in comparison to FF7,8,9, or 10??

To be honest I don't think it's anywhere near as good. It becomes far too tedious as you try to build up your characters, some parts of it seem too long drawn out. Graphics are amazing as you would expect.

Not to sure about the fighting scenarios, it gets a wee bit to get used to.

how good is this game in comparison to FF7,8,9, or 10??

Compared to FFVII the story is weak and the characters aren't as strong either.

On the plus side the gameplay is improved with a battle system more akin to Knights of the old Republic but still has the usual magic, summonings, and special attacks.

Not having to suffer random battles and being able to advoid your foes is a big improvement.

The gambit system for controlling NPCs is genius and can be toggled to manual at anytime.

Overall, if you like the PS1 games and/or FFX then give it a go.