Jump to content

Talk might be cheap


markem
 Share

Recommended Posts

However I like this talk:

“But there is one thing you need to understand. There are wars and if I want to get into that war I will go until the end, either if I die or if I win.

No surrender Pedro!

Full article:

PEDRO CAIXINHA will pick his battles. When he chooses to fight, there is no turning back.

The Rangers manager declined the chance to engage in a war of words with Conor Sammon, the Kilmarnock striker, but he will be on the front line at Pittodrie tomorrow afternoon.

It is a contest that his side must win if they are to stand a chance of overhauling Aberdeenand finishing second in the Premiership.

The contest to be best of the rest is not the one that Rangers wanted to be embroiled in this season. Having punched below their weight under Mark Warburton, Caixinha now has to pick his squad up off the canvas.

His call to name the starting line-up for the trip to Kilmarnock in midweek was questioned before the goalless draw and criticised afterwards.

Striker Sammon labelled the move as ‘disrespectful’, while Rugby Park boss Lee McCulloch admitted he changed his plan of attack after learning of Caixinha’s blueprint.

Whatever his decisions, Caixinha will stand by it. Once his mind is made up, he will not deviate.

“I think when something is different from normal life, from the monotony, everyone takes a step back and says 'what is going on',” Caixinha said.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Would actually bet money on that pile of shite being out the day late rhebel.
Boring,predictable lazy anti Rangers shite.
Sounds like they are blaming PC for the 12 point gap.

:tu:

Anything to try and get PC to rise to the bait ... arseholes of the highest quality .... I think he is too smart to fall for their shite.

Every word in there is a direct piss take to his press conference earlier about "casualties of war" and "collateral damage" .... as you say Scotty mate "lazy anti-Rangers shite".

:UK:

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

 

:tu:

Anything to try and get PC to rise to the bait ... arseholes of the highest quality .... I think he is too smart to fall for their shite.

Every word in there is a direct piss take to his press conference earlier about "casualties of war" and "collateral damage" .... as you say Scotty mate "lazy anti-Rangers shite".

:UK:

Bit too cute for the dross who call themselves sports reporters Bobby mate :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jig adjusting his team after seeing Pedro's line up was a bit daft.

Pedro could've named an entirely different team on the day. I remember years ago we had 4 players down with a flu bug, that was doing the rounds, and 2 out injured, the day before the game. When the team was, officially, announced 5 of the players were either in the team, or on the bench. Pedro could've been playing 'Mind Games', he maybe was?

I love it when managers play mind games with each other, it's like chess, and football, all rolled into one. It's great when you win both, but rotten if you lose both.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Jig adjusting his team after seeing Pedro's line up was a bit daft.

Pedro could've named an entirely different team on the day. I remember years ago we had 4 players down with a flu bug, that was doing the rounds, and 2 out injured, the day before the game. When the team was, officially, announced 5 of the players were either in the team, or on the bench. Pedro could've been playing 'Mind Games', he maybe was?

I love it when managers play mind games with each other, it's like chess, and football, all rolled into one. It's great when you win both, but rotten if you lose both.

We lost one and drew the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Jesus fuck, get a grip. It's not a pisstake, it's just a running theme of the article based on what Pedro said. If Caixinha had said "football is like a dance" instead of war, the whole article would have dancing references in it ("Rangers ready to tango with Aberdeen", "Caixinha has yet to show us his best moves" etc).

When an article is unfair or biased we should complain, but not for articles like this.

Cheers for letting us know.

Send me a PM when you think I should get the pitchfork out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, OhW said:

Do you think the article is a pisstake or anti-Rangers?

:lol:

Yes I do .... but now you are on the case (my case actually ) i will now wait for direction from you, so that I don't fall foul to your interpretation of "Scottish sports journalism".

I promise I will now wait for you to post first in future .... just so that I can agree with your opinion before I post mine ... which of course you can rip to shreds if it helps with you with your sad attitude towards other peoples opinions and of course your ongoing inferiority complex. 

I hope i have diagnosed your problem accurately .... so please feel free to crouch somewhere in a corner and weep for a few days ... believe me it will help.

Your opinion would normally attract my curiosity .... but I'm afraid in this case not one single tiny solitary fuck was given ...... ❤️

Thought for the day ..... Opinions are like arseholes ... everybody has one .... in this case your opinion or arsehole is larger than most.

Only my opinion mind ..... :p:

 

:UK: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what's worse, releasing the squad list early, pumping your fist at a crowd or chipping the ball over an opposition player.

The club needs cleansed our players and staff are out of control and it's shameful to say the least

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OhW said:

Jesus fuck, get a grip. It's not a pisstake, it's just a running theme of the article based on what Pedro said. If Caixinha had said "football is like a dance" instead of war, the whole article would have dancing references in it ("Rangers ready to tango with Aberdeen", "Caixinha has yet to show us his best moves" etc).

When an article is unfair or biased we should complain, but not for articles like this.

 

20 minutes ago, OhW said:

Very odd.

:lol:

Irony overload ...... very odd? ..... you can fucking talk ..... :p:

:UK:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Friday, April 07, 2017 at 11:04 PM, markem said:

However I like this talk:

“But there is one thing you need to understand. There are wars and if I want to get into that war I will go until the end, either if I die or if I win.

No surrender Pedro!

Full article:

PEDRO CAIXINHA will pick his battles. When he chooses to fight, there is no turning back.

The Rangers manager declined the chance to engage in a war of words with Conor Sammon, the Kilmarnock striker, but he will be on the front line at Pittodrie tomorrow afternoon.

It is a contest that his side must win if they are to stand a chance of overhauling Aberdeenand finishing second in the Premiership.

The contest to be best of the rest is not the one that Rangers wanted to be embroiled in this season. Having punched below their weight under Mark Warburton, Caixinha now has to pick his squad up off the canvas.

His call to name the starting line-up for the trip to Kilmarnock in midweek was questioned before the goalless draw and criticised afterwards.

Striker Sammon labelled the move as ‘disrespectful’, while Rugby Park boss Lee McCulloch admitted he changed his plan of attack after learning of Caixinha’s blueprint.

Whatever his decisions, Caixinha will stand by it. Once his mind is made up, he will not deviate.

“I think when something is different from normal life, from the monotony, everyone takes a step back and says 'what is going on',” Caixinha said.

 

I'm starting to think PC is deliberately trying to cause controversy and wants to be at war with everyone. 

Mourinho does it with his teams and instills this us vs them mentality. He seems to have the same coercive management style going by what we've seen so far. 

I feel like he knows exactly what he's doing and by slating him the media are playing right into his hands. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedro knows what he is doing. He's concinving the players they are better than they are and at the same time creating a storm to show them the outside world wants us to fail. It's not new but it can be effective. Naming our team, naming theirs. The 'we are Rangers' mantra. It all goes to show we are above them. He wants the players to think that way 

Our Pedro is a ruthless hard man. I'm convinced he is making do and in the summer we will see around 6 changes plus youths come in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I'm starting to think PC is deliberately trying to cause controversy and wants to be at war with everyone. 

Mourinho does it with his teams and instills this us vs them mentality. He seems to have the same coercive management style going by what we've seen so far. 

I feel like he knows exactly what he's doing and by slating him the media are playing right into his hands. 

 

Agreed. He wants to instill a superiority complex. 'We are Rangers' 'we have the best players' 

I'm sure he knows what we need but he is playing the hand he was dealt 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Pedro knows what he is doing. He's concinving the players they are better than they are and at the same time creating a storm to show them the outside world wants us to fail. It's not new but it can be effective. Naming our team, naming theirs. The 'we are Rangers' mantra. It all goes to show we are above them. He wants the players to think that way 

Our Pedro is a ruthless hard man. I'm convinced he is making do and in the summer we will see around 6 changes plus youths come in.

And he's done that before, I just started a thread with a link where it talks about a time where he essentially tore his cup winning team apart and got rid of his 'best' mist experienced players, reduced the average age of the squad to 23.5 and did even better than the season before 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...