Europa league qualifiers

spireblue

40 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Just read somewhere that if we make it through to the 2nd round we will be unseeded but if st johnstone make it through they will be seeded. Is this true?

Yes.But we cannot play then,same association rule applies.

2 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

I know we can't play them, but how does that work? How do they remain seeded yet we don't?

At the moment they have a higher coefficent points tally. If and when we (and them) progress you have the team you beat coefficient points added to yours.So the better the opposition you beat gains more points to your total .

2 minutes ago, spireblue said:

At the moment they have a higher coefficent points tally. If and when we (and them) progress you have the team you beat coefficient points added to yours.So the better the opposition you beat gains more points to your total .

Last I looked (6years ago) you gained points for wins and draws that was about it. Doesn't matter if you beat Man City or some Spackastan outfit. We got tons of points on our Europa league final season due to the amount of games we played. 

13 hours ago, spireblue said:

Spent the day looking at our possible oponents in the draw on 19th June.

In recent years UEFA have had a rough regionalisation for the draw split into three regions North,Central and South.

There are 50 seeded teams and 50 unseeded at this 1st round stage (We are in the seeded teams at this stage).

I found there is a close split for the regions with a few that could be in North or Central, and a few in Central/ south, so nothing is really set in stone.

In my estimation there are approx ....

Seeded....................50........18 north,16 Central and 16 south.

Unseeded...............50.........20 North,19 central,11 South.

So in theory a few teams that can be classed in either/or regions it can be grouped reasonably well.

So my thoughts on our possible UNSEEDED opponents will come from the following 10 countries...

1,ICELAND,  VALUR REYKJAVIK.

1,ESTONIA, FLORA TALLINN.

2,LATVIA , FK JELGAVA,FK LEIPAJA

3,FAROE ISLAANDS ,B36 TORSHAVN, KI KLAKSVIK, NSI RUNAVIK.

3,ULSTER? COLERAINE, DERRY CITY,BALLYMENA UNITED

2,IRELAND , SHAMROCK ROVERS,CORK CITY,

1,FINLAND, SJK SEINAJOKI

3,WALES, CONNAHS QUAY, BALA TOWN, BANGOR CITY.

3,LITHUANIA ,ATLANTAS KLAIPEDA, SUDUVA MARIJAMPOLE, FK TRAKAI

1,FINLAND , VPS VAASA

THAT IS ONE FROM 20.  TWO OTHER POSSIBILITIES COULD BE FROM SAN MARINO IF THEY ARE PUT IN THE NORTHERN REGION...

2,FOLGORA FC AND TRE PENNE.

OTHER BORDERLINE POSSIBILITIES ARE FROM ANDORRA

2,SANTA JULIA AND UE SANTA COLOMA. A  POSSIBLE CURVE BALL COULD BE TEAMS FROM: 3 in LUXEMBOURG,2 in MALTA,2 in GIBRALTAR.

So there we have it ,No obviously nightmareish trips really as long as I have presumed rightly and the draw is regionalised.

Much better prospects than trips to Albania,Armenia,Georgia,Moldova,Bulgaria or any of the slavic region countries (Serbia,Montenegro,Kosovo,Bosnia,Macedonia,Slovakia

Whittles it down a little for your travel research,hope it helps.

Me ? I will follow follow wherever we may go,see you in Europe...its good to be back.

Jim ,Chesterfield.

Look out for my flag on your travels,see you there,

NORTH DERBYSHIRE LOYAL RSC ON TOUR.

You spent the day doing all that when the newspaper had already posted it ? :duh:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1129707/europa-league-draw-rangers-aberdeen-st-johnstone/

Co efficient points at the moment

St Johnstone have 6.535

Rangers 3.785.

So if we played Shamrock Rovers and beat them we would gain their points (3.065) we would then have 6.850.

If St Johnstone played and beat Bala Town of Wales (1.525) they would move to 8.060.

Still ahead of us at that point....

BUT....in the 2nd qualifying round...we would be drawn against a seeded team with higher points they would draw an unseeded team with lower points......

For example we draw and beat Maccabi Tel aviv (23.375) and St.J. draw and beat Lyngby of Denmark (4.800) we then move above them for the next round as we would have 30.225 and they would have12.860.

There are so many permutations when 100 teams are in that initial draw on June 19th. Progressing is the key to build your co efficient and obviously the better the opponents you beat the more points you accumulate and hence move up the list to become a seeded team. All very complicated but that gives you the rough idea of how it works.

9 minutes ago, BrunoAlves said:

You spent the day doing all that when the newspaper had already posted it ? :duh:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1129707/europa-league-draw-rangers-aberdeen-st-johnstone/

The newspaper did not take into account the possible regionalisation  of the draw ...that is why I did it, to  take out loads of possible opponents....regional groups may not yet happen but it seems to be the way it has gone in recent years to cut costs for very small teams....Bala Town of Wales trsvelling to the far side of Kazahkstan would probably break them.

ALSO I LIVE IN ENGLAND SO DO NOT GET THE SCOTTISH SUN OR DAILY RHEBEL.!!!?