Serious lack of squad depth and balance

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

McKay and Cadeias do not even play the same position. Pena and Garner do not either and Pena cost 3.5 million I'd love to see the Proof of that.

As I said we will sell anything that's worth selling.

I know they don't play the same positions, we've done that. I'll ask again: why would we sell anything that's worth selling, then spend the fees, and more, on other players in different positions?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I cannot believe what i'm typing but here goes...

Naismith is available on a free, begged to come back, Pedro said no.

I think he's a repugnant Rat bastard but he'd be our best player by a country mile..

He certainly would if he was scoring Supporters would soon forget.

48 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

I would say we need a midfielder that can genuinely support the attack and I think Pena was meant to be that player but who knows, perhaps once he gets fit !! only time will tell.

I would hope there will be some strengthening between now and the end of the transfer window. But lets face it you can hardly follow the mans logic when it comes to subs during the game let alone in the transfer market.

As a ten Pena could do us a turn, but I find the suggestion he can play box to box midfield laughable, he is quite notably a lazy lazy bastard and has shown in his brief cameos he is a bit of a shitebag defensively.

we have no real pacey, attacking, direct midfield with end product, very decent players in midfield yes, but nobody to compliment them.

seruous work has to be done to ensure we don't let our naivety ruin our season, we have the foundations for a fantastic season I believe, but lack that extra something.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

I know they don't play the same positions, we've done that. I'll ask again: why would we sell anything that's worth selling, then spend the fees, and more, on other players in different positions?

Yet I had to reiterate it again to you. Obviously, the Board wants to Recoup the fans money whether it weakens the team or not hence we weakened the left-hand side replacing McKay with Windass. 

Just now, Smile said:

Yet I had to reiterate it again to you. Obviously, the Board wants to Recoup the fans money whether it weakens the team or not hence we weakened the left-hand side replacing McKay with Windass. 

SO WHY HAS OUR TRANSFER SPENDING OUTSTRIPPED OUR TRANSFER REVENUE BY A SIGNIFICANT MARGIN?

Didn't Pena only actually cost 2 mil roughly?

couldnt tell ye the amount of times I've saw '3.5 million for that? '3.5 million' this and that, he wasn't really that much more expensive than Herrera who wasn't signed to win us a title, why is Pena seen as this expensive, pin all our hopes on, waste of huge money? 

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Have we honestly spent that much? 

Think of the amount in wages we are sparing now that Barton, Senderos, Hill, Forrester, Garner, Waghorn etc are gone compared to this time last season.

we were been spending money, were.

we have since let McKay go, settled for having one actual winger on the hope Miller and Windass turn into Ronaldo.

we haven't actually pushed the boat out at all since the season first began and have sat back and allowed our team to grow far weaker in areas than it was last season.

investement means nothing if you  significantly weaken certain areas and then significantly strengthen other areas, you are still just as flawed?

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

SO WHY HAS OUR TRANSFER SPENDING OUTSTRIPPED OUR TRANSFER REVENUE BY A SIGNIFICANT MARGIN?

That's what happens when you have to buy players but it in no way strengthens us selling players of McKay's ability and using Windass as his replacement. 

Also Selling Waghorn when we haven't replaced him, whether we thought he was good or not we have to spend on a suitable replacement.

This board will weaken us by selling any Player that will get them a Buck.

5 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Didn't Pena only actually cost 2 mil roughly?

couldnt tell ye the amount of times I've saw '3.5 million for that? '3.5 million' this and that, he wasn't really that much more expensive than Herrera who wasn't signed to win us a title, why is Pena seen as this expensive, pin all our hopes on, waste of huge money? 

I think this board probably paid 15 million for him.

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Have we honestly spent that much? 

Think of the amount in wages we are sparing now that Barton, Senderos, Hill, Forrester, Garner, Waghorn etc are gone compared to this time last season.

we were been spending money, were.

we have since let McKay go, settled for having one actual winger on the hope Miller and Windass turn into Ronaldo.

we haven't actually pushed the boat out at all since the season first began and have sat back and allowed our team to grow far weaker in areas than it was last season.

investement means nothing if you  significantly weaken certain areas and then significantly strengthen other areas, you are still just as flawed?

I can't see it being the 8 million Bandied about why do you think we got the cheap Manager in who has done nothing in the game.

GK - Is sound. 

RB - Only Tavernier arguably good enough

LB - We have nothing. 

CB - We have 2  suitable, Alves and Cardoso. Rest are shite. 

LM - We have nothing. 

RM - We only have Candeias who is shite.  

CM - Strongest position in the team yet still bang average. Jack, Rossiter, Dorrans all decent enough. 

ATT - We have next to nothing. Morelos arguably but even then he's 20. Not putting pressure on him at all. 

Dross like Wallace, Bates, Hodson, Holt, Windass, Dalcio, Dodoo and Miller all hanging about like a bad smell offering us nothing. 

Folk were praising Pedro for getting rid of the duds but he's only half way there. 

We are miles short. Miles. At least 5 or 6 FIRST TEAM players short. 

Without even mentioning the 2 Mexicans who cost us $5m.........

What a shambles. 

Just now, Smile said:

I can't see it being the 8 million Bandied about why do you think we got the cheap Manager in who has done nothing in the game.

I don't know what is worse, being sold on the lie that we have spent 8 million or if we actually have spent anywhere near that and are still so incompetent with our recruitment of positions we need strengthened. 

Serious questions need to be asked of those running the club, Rangers fans have did everything for this club since we came back up and have been treated to incompetence and laziness.

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Foderingham going would be final confirmation of this.

we seem content with trusting players like Windass and Miller to turn into players they never have been and never will be just because we we have left ourselves in a bad spot due to our frugality.

Candeias is our only out and out first team worthy winger and every other game looks shaky as he's expected to be our only direct, fast, nippy player.

embarrasing that we have wasted so much time and still need such major investment. 

If he is worth anything he will be away, I think Tav may even leave to be honest.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

GK - Is sound. 

RB - Only Tavernier arguably good enough

LB - We have nothing. 

CB - We have 2  suitable, Alves and Cardoso. Rest are shite. 

LM - We have nothing. 

RM - We only have Candeias who is shite.  

CM - Strongest position in the team yet still bang average. Jack, Rossiter, Dorrans all decent enough. 

ATT - We have next to nothing. Morelos arguably but even then he's 20. Not putting pressure on him at all. 

Dross like Wallace, Bates, Hodson, Holt, Windass, Dalcio, Dodoo and Miller all hanging about like a bad smell offering us nothing. 

Folk were praising Pedro for getting rid of the duds but he's only half way there. 

We are miles short. Miles. At least 5 or 6 FIRST TEAM players short. 

Without even mentioning the 2 Mexicans who cost us $5m.........

What a shambles. 

Agree entirely with this bar that I'm a big fan of Candeias.

think some forget the deadwood isn't just Warburton's, look no further than yer Lee Wallace/Miller types.

I'm 19, and none of us are exactly Mourinho, yet we can clearly see the team you just typed out is shambolic in quality and depth, I'd be ashamed knowing I'm the one in charge of that mess and have allowed it to happen.

Just now, Smile said:

If he is worth anything he will be away, I think Tav may even leave to be honest.

Wouldn't miss either of them at all, 

both far too hit and miss and not to be trusted in big games, would both fetch a reasonable price given their limited ability for us.

could put my house on both not being here next season.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not sure how you can say that? McKay sold and replaced with Candeias. Garner sold and replaced with Herrera. Waghorn sold and replaced with Morelos. Halliday loaned and replaced with Dorrans. Hill released and replaced with Alves. Most of those are more expensive improvements.

There's plenty to moan about without making stuff up.

With the exception of Dorrans & Alves, all seem like for like or less so in terms of impact so far.

Morelos is the only one I reckon will improve significantly.

11 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Wouldn't miss either of them at all, 

both far too hit and miss and not to be trusted in big games, would both fetch a reasonable price given their limited ability for us.

could put my house on both not being here next season.

I think Fod would be a miss but he does make mistakes as well, Tav good energy but a hopeless defender.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

We seem to not be able to shop outside a small circle.

Which would be ok if it was any good.

We're suffering a real failure of imagination & leadership, which I don't see improving any time soon, I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Which would be ok if it was any good.

We're suffering a real failure of imagination & leadership, which I don't see improving any time soon, I'm afraid.

We need to really look at who's employing all these poor managers as they need to be shipped out with them.