Transfer window thoughts

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

In terms of us being competitive this season an absolute disaster. 

Longer term if Jefte, Barron, Cortes and Igamane all turn out how we hope then it could potentially have been a good window.

Rather harsh on Bajrami.  Thought did well on his first start

Hard to tell. Barjami looked decent, Jefte has been impressive as has Barron and Igamane. Not seeing Lundstram strut about passing sideways is a bonus and we've hopefully cleared an over inflated wage bill.

I think if we're all agreed this is a building season then we need a better manager in terms of shape and we also need someone who is willing to change things. Raskin is one I hoped we would see against Dundee for example. As he did with Lundstram there is a reluctance to change things that don't work. Tav at right back and captain, Lawrence being allowed continuous 90 minutes doing nothing etc.

I think we neglected to improve a couple of very key areas. At least one more CB and a deep sitting central midfielder being the most obvious ones. Im also not convinced Danilo will ever be fully fit again in which case another CF is also required.

Optimistic we've taken our first step toward a sustainable transfer strategy. Younger squad, promising players we can improve (and sell), and a much leaner wage bill. Clement/Koppen inherited an ageing squad that was only going to bring in peanuts, in terms of inbound transfer fees, so they're practically starting from scratch. Hopefully we start to see the fruits of this approach - with future fees for players like Jefte, Cortes, or Barron - and that frees up the kind of budgets required to continue investing in talent at the same time as having 2-3 experienced signings per summer that add immediate quality. I think we'll struggle to compete until that point, but that's the fault of previous managers / DOFs / executives, and we need to be patient while it's fixed. Like any structural change, it'll take time. 

Happy with the general direction of travel.

As derided as they were, Goldson and Lundstram were decent players and we’ve lost a bit of quality there short term. But longer term we’re making the right moves.

Not sure we need “good experience” in the middle as much as we just need quality.

As good as Barron is, his strengths are short passing and his engine.

We need someone of Davis/Kamara quality on the ball.

Balance is horrible with Sterling in there.

Think the best  signing will end up being Igamane . Propper worries me. 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I think we neglected to improve a couple of very key areas. At least one more CB and a deep sitting central midfielder being the most obvious ones. Im also not convinced Danilo will ever be fully fit again in which case another CF is also required.

What do you mean ‘again?’